Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

10 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

I won this last night on a FB auction. Been wanting one for years since I saw one in the video below but didn't know who made one. Just found it by chance. $23 plus shipping. I'm happy so far. Can't wait to get it into my hot little hands and see what it looks like. Curious to find out who cast it. 

56 DeSoto Convertible

http://FB_IMG_1528473877194.jpg

http://FB_IMG_1528473866570.jpg

http://FB_IMG_1528473883869.jpg

Later-

Without watching the video, what is it? It looks like it could be a DeSoto? 

1958 Buick and 1958 Ford Fairlane (although from the front only auction pic and not wearing my glass, I thought it was a Thunderbird)

The Buick is only missing the drivers side fender top chrome

The Ford is missing the convertible boot and tail lights (of course I find these AFTER Modelhaus closes)

Just picked them up so still debating on leave as-is or restore them

1958 Fairlane and Buick back.JPG

1958 Fairlane and Buick front.JPG

5 minutes ago, HomerS said:

1958 Buick and 1958 Ford Fairlane (although from the front only auction pic and not wearing my glass, I thought it was a Thunderbird)

The Ford is missing the convertible boot and tail lights (of course I find these AFTER Modelhaus closes)

I'll have to ck. But I may have an extra boot for the Ford

I finally found one of my holy grail kits at a reasonable cost! AMT '75 Matador X, factory sealed, and significantly under $50 CDN. And it was in Canada, so shipping took a couple of days. I've been hunting this one for a ong time, so I'm pretty stoked!

20180608_194606.jpg

I also finally found a trailer kit that I've been hunting for quite some time too! AMT 40ft post van. Open, but bags sealed and 100% complete. I need this for my TAT 2018 build.

20180608_194621.jpg

Just picked these up from an estate sale. The only thing I didn’t check was the Lamborghini kit. I lifted it. It was heavy. But once I checked at home it was just the body and doors. Oh well. That will be trade fodder. The Thunderbird is still sealed and all the rest of the kits were opened but complete. A die cast Ford convertable needs some cleaning up. A soak or parts box. 2 new cans of paint. And an Edsel that will need work and parts such as hubcaps, mirrors and antenna. 

DB4CE683-91A0-4A81-8689-D4BF161821DD.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Just picked these up from an estate sale. The only thing I didn’t check was the Lamborghini kit. I lifted it. It was heavy. But once I checked at home it was just the body and doors. Oh well. That will be trade fodder. The Thunderbird is still sealed and all the rest of the kits were opened but complete. A die cast Ford convertable needs some cleaning up. A soak or parts box. 2 new cans of paint. And an Edsel with will need work and parts suchs as hubcaps, mirrors and antenna. 

DB4CE683-91A0-4A81-8689-D4BF161821DD.jpeg

Nice score Dave. I love both of those 64 Galaxies.

Later-

6 hours ago, HomerS said:

I believe that I might have a few stray parts left for the '58 Ford as well, but not sure what I have left.

I've already traded off a lot of what I had.

I do have a set of Modelhaus '58 Buick stock fender skirts though. ;)

Steve

18 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I finally found one of my holy grail kits at a reasonable cost! AMT '75 Matador X, factory sealed, and significantly under $50 CDN. And it was in Canada, so shipping took a couple of days. I've been hunting this one for a ong time, so I'm pretty stoked!

20180608_194606.jpg

I also finally found a trailer kit that I've been hunting for quite some time too! AMT 40ft post van. Open, but bags sealed and 100% complete. I need this for my TAT 2018 build.

20180608_194621.jpg

Nice find on the Matador kit Dan...!   Looks just like the one my late uncle once owned other than the color.

its a good weekend for me.

Won an auction on 'that ' site. For a 1961 Ford F100 pickup.

Been after either a 1961 one 62 for a while now and they seem to regularly go for more then my budget allows / am willing to pay

Won this one for under $60.  Not bad considering it has the box and even the trailer included, ( both of which will be used a trade fodder )

Now, If I can just get a decent buy on a 1960 F100 to go with it

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

5 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

its a good weekend for me.

Won an auction on 'that ' site. For a 1961 Ford F100 pickup.

Been after either a 1961 one 62 for a while now and they seem to regularly go for more then my budget allows / am willing to pay

Won this one for under $60.  Not bad considering it has the box and even the trailer included, ( both of which will be used a trade fodder )

Now, If I can just get a decent buy on a 1960 F100 to go with it

s-l1600.jpg

What's in the box, as they say? ;)

The '61-'63 Fords are a little easier to find at a half way decent price than the '60, but they are by no means plentiful.

I picked up a pretty nice built '63 several years ago for I believe somewhere in the $50.00 range, but the built '60 that I bought in 2016 cost me nearly twice that!

It is a very nice restorable example though.

Steve

2v29kyVvGxwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

12 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

What's in the box, as they say? ;)

The '61-'63 Fords are a little easier to find at a half way decent price than the '60, but they are by no means plentiful.

I picked up a pretty nice built '63 several years ago for I believe somewhere in the $50.00 range, but the built '60 that I bought in 2016 cost me nearly twice that!

It is a very nice restorable example though.

Steve

2v29kyVvGxwUbWP.jpg

I'll give you money back on this 1960 in a heartbeat brother. Just say the word ( just dont tell my wife , she has this insane thinking I dont Need any more models , silly girls )

s-l1600.jpg

here is a teaser pic of the 61

Should be here by the end of the week so I'll post a better picture then

16 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

I'll give you money back on this 1960 in a heartbeat brother. Just say the word ( just dont tell my wife , she has this insane thinking I dont Need any more models , silly girls )

s-l1600.jpg

here is a teaser pic of the 61

Should be here by the end of the week so I'll post a better picture then

Looks workable!

My opinion is that as long as the necessary parts are there, & the body is in good condition, it's a keeper!

Steve

I finally picked up a Foose FD-100, for some reason they are real hard to find in the UK. Also a Landy Dodge Dart with figure & AMT LN 8000 race car hauler.

FD100 will prob loose its wheels to a 57 Chevy, unsure about Dart & LN was due to be built out of box, but then i saw this at a UK race meet / car show (Speedfest at Brands Hatch)

20180609_112459_resized.jpg.18a9b019317840e18c73759ed4b8bba4.jpgj

No pictures as they are being shipped but I ordered yet another Monogram Porsche 911 curbside and a Skip's Fiesta VW convertible built-up. Never had the VW before and mostly got it for the Porsche Fuchs wheels it has. There was a break between Sunday School and Big Church so I was surfing the auction site. My wife can't get mad at me because we were at church, right?

11 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Nice find on the Matador kit Dan...!   Looks just like the one my late uncle once owned other than the color.

We had a green one growing up. Somewhere around here I made a thread about that car, and the kit version my dad built back in the 70s. So I'm doing my own build of our old car. :)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...