Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, Khils said:

Yes Steve....I can vouch for the '58 Ford bumpers:D....I still owe you for them......have had ZERO luck finding any golden nuggets from your wants list

No worries Kevin!

I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around".

I get little gems bestowed upon me all of the time from other members, & most of the parts trading that I do with them is on a "get me next time" basis.

I prefer to work it this way, and so far it has always worked out for me. :)

Steve

I recently picked up this IMC J-Car ,  complete and unbuilt .  While not as successful as the GT40's , and having crashed killing two drivers (incl. Ken Miles) , I've always liked the flat roof design .

000 0003

I also got lucky and picked up these two Daytona Coupes .:D

Lindberg Coupe 1

000 0004

7 hours ago, TooOld said:

I recently picked up this IMC J-Car ,  complete and unbuilt .  While not as successful as the GT40's , and having crashed killing two drivers (incl. Ken Miles) , I've always liked the flat roof design .

000 0003

I also got lucky and picked up these two Daytona Coupes .:D

Lindberg Coupe 1

000 0004

NICE Score!!, its unusual that with that Lindberg kit, the actual body looks way better than the box art, usually in life, its the other way-round!!...that's the main reason I,ve never bought that kit before....the box art is TERRIBLE!!…..looked like a lost cause to me.....NICE surprise!!

Can't get a pic up.I came home from work and there were 4 boxes up by my front door.Thet were three 1/18th scale Mopars,a 71 Duster,and a 69 Charger.I have a small Mopar diecast collection,that I just started..Anything with dog dish hubcaps,lol..Anyway,the the other two pieces were just model car parts.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, jchrisf said:

Got this one at HL today with coupon in honor of Tom McEwen. 

POL953-Tom-McEwen-Barracuda-LID-HI-RES.j

I just opened this one up... This Polar LIghts kit seems to be better quality that the other funny car kits I have.  I had never heard of Polar Lights before, are they known for better quality?  The kit has a lot more pieces and the chrome plating looks much better as do the other pieces on the sprues.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, Dann Tier said:

NICE Score!!, its unusual that with that Lindberg kit, the actual body looks way better than the box art, usually in life, its the other way-round!!...that's the main reason I,ve never bought that kit before....the box art is TERRIBLE!!…..looked like a lost cause to me.....NICE surprise!!

The Lindberg body is actually quite nice !  The KB/Aurora body is lacking though .

Got my AMT 1961 Ford F100 in the mail today.

REALLY nice piece and will be an easy one to redo, somewhere down the line. All emblems intact and crisp. Even the tiny little hood chrome trim pieces are there. I don't have to go looking for anything for this one.

Even came with the original trailer and all in the original box

20180616_122346 (2).jpg

6 hours ago, TooOld said:

The Lindberg body is actually quite nice !  The KB/Aurora body is lacking though .

Why oh why hasn't Lindberg reissued this? Lord knows they've reissued just about every other piece of garbage in their vault. 

Licensing issue, maybe? 

10 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.0fd2d057b26c9877662d1ad3501f0de9.png

I got these five kits as a freebie from a stamp collector friend of mine.  He heard I built models and had purchased these, then decided to collect stamps instead!  

So I will be sending him a nice big stamp care package this weekend!   

What a friend. Love the Lindberg Charger!

Had 50% off coupons for both AC Moore and Michaels this week, so added them to my Hobby Lobby run. 

Nothing I really needed at HL, so spent my coupon on the AMT boat, which I've never had. 

Absolutely nothing I needed (or even wanted, that I don't already have two of) at AC Moore. Used the coupon on some Elmers Carpenter's Wood Glue (sandable), which I've found is a great putty or filler in certain situations. My old bottle had dried up last time I tried to use it. 

Same story at Michaels. Spent my coupon on a Revell '68 Charger--never know when I might need another one. It was open, but I checked and it's complete. 

The Monogram '53 Chevy Bel Air was given to me by another modeler who was building two of the same kit at the same time, but he liked the white over blue kit he was building.  This one is painted metallic maroon over metallic white.  I won a bid at auction for a ProModeler 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger for $20.

DSCN0872.JPG

Johan 1969 GTX

I Looked for the past 3 or 4 years to get one of these reasonable.

Bought 3 of them in the past 8 months , when it rains it pours I guess

Same seller had both the original issue 1969 and 1970 Roadrunners. I wasn't paying what they went for

johanGTX.jpg

Went to Hobby Lobby today and there was a guy pulling all the Revell kits and putting them in his cart! He got mad when I picked up the last Black Widow kit before he could get it! He already had two but this one was on top of the shelf turned sideways.

He was trying to buy them each as a separate sale using the 40% off coupons saying he was buying for other people but the manager wasn't buying his story! Was still arguing when we were leaving! LOL

3 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Went to Hobby Lobby today and there was a guy pulling all the Revell kits and putting them in his cart! He got mad when I picked up the last Black Widow kit before he could get it! He already had two but this one was on top of the shelf turned sideways.

He was trying to buy them each as a separate sale using the 40% off coupons saying he was buying for other people but the manager wasn't buying his story! Was still arguing when we were leaving! LOL

LOL.. that is crazy.

Edited by jchrisf

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...