Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

33 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

That might be this one because the woman's brother was in his late 60'early 70's when he died, 

I should have said it more clearly ,, what I should have said was although the kit was originally released in the early '60s, the decals would indicate the '80s release, definitly if it was molded in black. 

That poor old Chevy kit's been in release in one version or another pretty well constantly since it was first issued.

3 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I totally missed these on his site! I was totally zeroed in on those '67 wheel covers!

FMR-148%20lg.JPG

These are perfect if you want to build a sleeper '69 with a 396/427. ;)

Nosing around on Joseph's site, I see some other goodies I'll be asking him about-----I was just on there for a moment when I saw the '67 Camaro wheels.....I gotta check there more often!

Looks like I'll be spending some more money!

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

That might be this one because the woman's brother was in his late 60'early 70's when he died, 

Not to derail the thread, but the 1983 Issue seems to have different wheels, and I would think the one I’m after is older (not much though) and I can’t find any other older release molded in black w/flames

I picked these up in the last few weeks. The Dream Machine went for a good price on Ebay. The figures are there. The Edsel is eventually going to be an AWB clone of the super expensive AMT kit. And the fire engine cab was less than a dollar. I am thinking of a cab forward style car hauler with a GM future liner/streamline train vibe. 

IMG_0704-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0705-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0706-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Scott Colmer

18 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Those are the 68 Camaro SS Wheelcovers. AKA 63 Chevy Impala SS Wheelcovers, found in the AMT and Revell kits.

I pulled a set of them from an AMT '63 Impala to use on my own MPC '68 Camaro rebuild, to match (more or less) a car in the '68 showroom brochure. 

68CamaroStripped.JPG

34 minutes ago, smhardesty said:

I traded for the Little Red Wagon and managed to buy the Hurst Olds off eBay for 20 bucks delivered to the door. Two more for the stash!

https://images45.fotki.com/v1200/photos/2/3733132/14222771/redwagon-vi.png

https://images14.fotki.com/v1665/photos/2/3733132/14222771/hurstolds-vi.png

Now you just need to figure out how to build while looking up at the ceiling! ;)

Hope you're feeling well enough to get some bench time in soon Steve.

Get better!

Steve

Thanks. My wife has to haul me to Evansville tomorrow afternoon. The nurse is going to remove the dressing, check to be sure everything is OK, then re-dress it and send me home. As I understand it, I'll then be here in bed or on the couch for the remainder of the 2 weeks. After that I guess it's just hobbling around until everything is healed enough to start walking on it, or learning how to walk again! I haven't even tried to sit down at the bench. Just sitting in a normal position in my recliner causes the dang thing to throb and hurt.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...