Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up another load yesterday from the same lady as before.

http://IMG_20180901_164228525_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164420876_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164626050_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164815070_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164855820_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_165735884_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_165315696_HDR.jpg

She still has a handful of builtups that she wouldn't let me take because they were dirty and she was "going to clean them." I tried to convince her not to because she may break them and lose parts but she wouldn't hear it.

Later-

2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

She still has a handful of builtups that she wouldn't let me take because they were dirty and she was "going to clean them." I tried to convince her not to because she may break them and lose parts but she wouldn't hear it.

Later-

More great Kits! Nice!

On 8/28/2018 at 11:20 PM, SfanGoch said:

The red car box Plymouth's window is cracked and broken, the hood, dashboard and right inner fender are missing and there is only one (1) stock Firestone tire.

I have 41 Plymouth parts cars... I see the glass shot, hood, dashboard, right inner fender and three stock tires...   Let me know anything else,  PM or email me your postal addy and I can send this all to you, no worries!

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

http://IMG_20180901_164228525_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164420876_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164626050_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164815070_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_164855820_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_165735884_HDR.jpg

http://IMG_20180901_165315696_HDR.jpg

Later-

Better than winning the lottery to me.

I finally lucked into one of those Glue Bomb Mines that y'all make me cry with every now and then. 

Yesterday at my grandson's 1st birthday party, one of my son's friends who knows I'm into models and especially cars told me that he'd seen "a big box of old model car parts" at a flea market I didn't even know about "just two weeks ago." The only detail he could give me was he recognized "a '60s Corvette with some kind of weird hardtop on it." The place was less than two miles from where we were talking, so as soon as the party was over, I hot-footed it right over there. 

Took a little searching, but I found the "parts box" in question under a table of other random stuff. That it was the box he was talking about was confirmed by the presence of a complete-ish original AMT '67 Vette roadster with the now fairly rare "van" top attached (the "weird hardtop). There were a few other recognizable bodies in the box, as well, but it did seem to be a jumble. Checked the price: $42! The Vette-Van alone was worth nearly that by itself (I doubt you could score one on eBay, with shipping, for that), and I figured there were enough other goodies to make that a fair price at least. 

Just had a chance to make a quick trip through the box. Turns out it's not a box of parts, it's a box with no less than 14 models in it, most of them well over 90% complete! :blink: Won't know for sure till I have time to do a complete inventory and sort out all the random small parts floating around, but doing a very quick collection and set-together, here's what I've got. (And the mystery of why the odd price of $42 solved: Seller obviously valued them at an average of $3 apiece. 

BoxOGlueBombs02.thumb.jpg.31771e5d13a6340b73a534b204d6ea4e.jpg

Top row, left to right: 

Monogram International M5 halftrack

Original AMT Ala Kart

Revell '27 T touring rod (Jag rear suspension, so I guess that's what it is)

AMT '58 Impala done as a gasser (rear wheels radiused)

Monogram '58 Thunderbird with double bubble custom top

Some kind of '53-ish Ford truck (Revell? Molded in white, opening doors)

AMT '49 Ford done as a gasser

Bottom row, left to right: 

Hawk 1/32 "land speed record" rubber band powered car, the one that seems to have a 1/48 MiG-15 canopy on it

Original Monogram '55 Chevy built as a custom, with the fender skirts and the funky T-Bird style roof (not glued on) and seems to be missing only one headlight lens and one front axle/spindle

Original AMT '65 Impala convertible, with the Wild Custom front end installed as well as the all-glass top (which looks in good shape), missing only one front bumperette and the tail lights (and they might turn up in the box)

Some kind of Mystery Racer--probably Lindberg or maybe Aurora--looks like a T body narrowed to single seat width (I've never seen this model before)

Original AMT '67 Vette with complete van/sedan delivery top

Original issue (? It's molded in black) AMT '32 Ford Victoria done as the dragster or wild rod

MPC '77 Corvette coupe, complete, only issue is it has the custom front end treatment instead of the stock front bumper/grille, but I can get around that easy enough. 

Needless to say I am about pants-wetting happy! :D I think only the '49 Ford and the '58 Chev have been painted; the rest are I think in naked plastic. Some of these I'll be doing full rebuilds on, others I might just clean and fix up as well as possible, but others will be put up for swap, as I think there are at least two or three that some of you might REALLY like to have, way more than me. 

Will be posting individual pics in the Glue Bomb thread as I get the pics processed for posting. Stay tuned! :D HAPPY DANCE! 

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I have 41 Plymouth parts cars... I see the glass shot, hood, dashboard, right inner fender and three stock tires...   Let me know anything else,  PM or email me your postal addy and I can send this all to you, no worries!

Thanks very much, Tom. I appreciate the offer. I was planning on using one of the two '41 Plymouth kits as a donor for the NYPD '50 Plymouth Business Coupe I'm making

Image result for nypd 1950 plymouth

20180902_154120_a.jpg.9fb07a3f26b18a88dcd282c86d1bb3e8.jpg20180902_154017_a.jpg.74850d48661ab7783aa4185a1eea3c00.jpg

20180902_154148_a.jpg.1a879f4bfa97e2a0be71d5c0ae457e6a.jpg

out of the R&R Resin '50 Plymouth Sedan.

2450.jpg.198f875d51f2c6a568288ca448e39403.jpg

I won't be needing those parts to do this. I should have spare skinny Firestones laying around for a complete set. I guess you can figure out which one of the kits drew the short straw. :D 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I finally lucked into one of those Glue Bomb Mines that y'all make me cry with every now and then. 

Yesterday at my grandson's 1st birthday party, one of my son's friends who knows I'm into models and especially cars told me that he'd seen "a big box of old model car parts" at a flea market I didn't even know about "just two weeks ago." The only detail he could give me was he recognized "a '60s Corvette with some kind of weird hardtop on it." The place was less than two miles from where we were talking, so as soon as the party was over, I hot-footed it right over there. 

Took a little searching, but I found the "parts box" in question under a table of other random stuff. That it was the box he was talking about was confirmed by the presence of a complete-ish original AMT '67 Vette roadster with the now fairly rare "van" top attached (the "weird hardtop). There were a few other recognizable bodies in the box, as well, but it did seem to be a jumble. Checked the price: $42! The Vette-Van alone was worth nearly that by itself (I doubt you could score one on eBay, with shipping, for that), and I figured there were enough other goodies to make that a fair price at least. 

Just had a chance to make a quick trip through the box. Turns out it's not a box of parts, it's a box with no less than 14 models in it, most of them well over 90% complete! :blink: Won't know for sure till I have time to do a complete inventory and sort out all the random small parts floating around, but doing a very quick collection and set-together, here's what I've got. (And the mystery of why the odd price of $42 solved: Seller obviously valued them at an average of $3 apiece. 

BoxOGlueBombs02.thumb.jpg.31771e5d13a6340b73a534b204d6ea4e.jpg

Top row, left to right: 

Monogram International M5 halftrack

Original AMT Ala Kart

Revell '27 T touring rod (Jag rear suspension, so I guess that's what it is)

AMT '58 Impala done as a gasser (rear wheels radiused)

Monogram '58 Thunderbird with double bubble custom top

Some kind of '53-ish Ford truck (Revell? Molded in white, opening doors)

AMT '49 Ford done as a gasser

Bottom row, left to right: 

Hawk 1/32 "land speed record" rubber band powered car, the one that seems to have a 1/48 MiG-15 canopy on it

Original Monogram '55 Chevy built as a custom, with the fender skirts and the funky T-Bird style roof (not glued on) and seems to be missing only one headlight lens and one front axle/spindle

Original AMT '65 Impala convertible, with the Wild Custom front end installed as well as the all-glass top (which looks in good shape), missing only one front bumperette and the tail lights (and they might turn up in the box)

Some kind of Mystery Racer--probably Lindberg or maybe Aurora--looks like a T body narrowed to single seat width (I've never seen this model before)

Original AMT '67 Vette with complete van/sedan delivery top

Original issue (? It's molded in black) AMT '32 Ford Victoria done as the dragster or wild rod

MPC '77 Corvette coupe, complete, only issue is it has the custom front end treatment instead of the stock front bumper/grille, but I can get around that easy enough. 

Needless to say I am about pants-wetting happy! :D I think only the '49 Ford and the '58 Chev have been painted; the rest are I think in naked plastic. Some of these I'll be doing full rebuilds on, others I might just clean and fix up as well as possible, but others will be put up for swap, as I think there are at least two or three that some of you might REALLY like to have, way more than me. 

Will be posting individual pics in the Glue Bomb thread as I get the pics processed for posting. Stay tuned! :D HAPPY DANCE! 

What a great score Snake! That white truck looks to be the original Revell issue 1956 Ford F100. Don't believe it has been reissued is white since.

I would like to see that Vette Van model up close. Never seen one and it looks cool.

I am interested in the half track if & when you decide to swap any of these.

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder

3 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

What a great score Snake! That white truck looks to be the original Revell issue 1956 Ford F100. Don't believe it has been reissued is white since.

I would like to see that Vette Van model up close. Never seen one and it looks cool.

I am interested in the half track if & when you decide to swap any of these.

Here's pics of another '67 Vette Van in the Snakepit I started work on a couple years ago--as I got it off eBay, and then after disassembly and stripping the black paint off the top. I decided that the body was so clean on this one that I'd restore it as a stock roadster, and use the van top on a body in not as good condition. 

67VetteSD01.jpg.babc293a8bb715093b85e40c385fd5e3.jpg

67VetteSD02.jpg.84eb274e6e74fe9c11c6c250ebd48f1b.jpg

67VetteSD03.jpg.b7c7c94edac2874036349cff23d5b1fa.jpg

67VetteSD04.jpg.a64174682a52ebb0a0eae82d9c1c47cd.jpg

I don't see any problem letting the halftrack go, as I already built up a "nice" copy of this kit a couple years ago. I don't think it's particularly rare; I could swear I saw them at Hobby Lobby not that long ago but I could be mistaken. Anyway, about all I would do with it is clean it up, put it back together as well as possible, and display it as-is next to my built one. The right suspension roller part is off of it, but it was in the box and it's definitely present. The right vinyl track is broken; I'm not sure if it's just broken in one place or if there's a section missing. Will make a detailed inventory of it tomorrow and let you know. You can tell me if you think it's worth postage and a nominal swap of some kind (I won't hold out for anything "special" for this one).  Email me direct at SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com.

Here's the Monogram halftrack I built a while back, just for grins. 

M302.jpg.75e1cb0a12d310f44e142d903737c086.jpg

Made a offer on this last night,got accepted. Looks way worse than i suspect it is,all the hard to find parts are there.

Said to throw away the box,it was really bad,and it be cheaper to ship using those resin body boxes. Excited to how

it will look after getting that goo paint off :)

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, thatz4u said:

Got the 66 Fairlane GT(A) , looks nice & the Chassis platform may work under the Moebius 65 Comet, looks really close...

There's a good reason for that similarity... the '65 Comet chassis and engine compartment were borrowed from the '66 Fairlane /Comet kit with some details backdated to look more accurate.

mike

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...