Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

12 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

No reason a 288GTO should be anyone's grail kit, Fujimi reissued it in 2015 and it's available all over the place in Japan for less than $20. Fujimi never made a curbside version of it like they did with some of the other the Enthusiast Series kits, so any 288 is the same as the original. 

Just because its not rare, or expensive, doesn't mean it cant be someone elses "Grail" kit.....technically, they are not all the same, there is a "Special one" that is extremely hard to find, that includes a huge PE set, but doesn't mention it, its kit No.9, I know because I have one, and a few of the other ones.

3 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Just because its not rare, or expensive, doesn't mean it cant be someone elses "Grail" kit.....technically, they are not all the same, there is a "Special one" that is extremely hard to find, that includes a huge PE set, but doesn't mention it, its kit No.9, I know because I have one, and a few of the other ones.

So true Dann buddy....I have some grail/bucket list ones that are not as rare as others...some even are current kits they reissued.   Its all a matter of fact of what is important to another or means something to them.    Years ago I sent a couple of parts I had laying around to the U.K. for someone that needed the roof lights from a Johan ambulance they needed for a resto...made them so happy it was well worth the shipping alone to send them to them for free.

3 hours ago, smhardesty said:

Nice. I've got to add one to my stash at some point. Was this one complete? Any really major goof-ups? What's your plan for it?

Complete as for the trans am version. If going stock i will need some interior parts,aircleaner and exhaust.

Not really sure,maby a redo the trans am if decals are avaliable,or somthing pro-touring resto mod type.

27 minutes ago, om617 said:

Complete as for the trans am version. If going stock i will need some interior parts,aircleaner and exhaust.

Not really sure,maby a redo the trans am if decals are avaliable,or somthing pro-touring resto mod type.

I'll be watching to see what you do when you get to it.

I got me some kits right from the "source" in Japan:

image1.JPG.083a9bbd0cd81160cada11987bbdbe01.JPG

Nice to see some formerly rare old Fujimi EM kits coming back at reasonable prices. The Fujimi LeMans RSR is a pretty new kit and the Aoshima/Beemax 935 K2 is a brand new one...

And these I bought recently on Ebay, they are on their way...

image2.JPG.e6076bfc0818faff9ce57e038bc7c192.JPG

11 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

Nice to see some formerly rare old Fujimi EM kits coming back at reasonable prices. The Fujimi LeMans RSR is a pretty new kit and the Aoshima/Beemax 935 K2 is a brand new one...

Great score on those kits.

53 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

I could not resist. I love those big old Buicks. And a '74 Estate Wagon besides! I knew I had to have one. 

IMG_2987.JPG

My dad had exactly that Buick wagon, color and everything.  455 cubic inch engine which he used to pull a trailer from Ohio to Florida every winter, 8 MPG.

15 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

image1.JPG.083a9bbd0cd81160cada11987bbdbe01.JPG

image2.JPG.e6076bfc0818faff9ce57e038bc7c192.JPG

Fantastic haul!!!

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

But at least it's in Hot Rod Brown. :D:D:D

I remember a good friend of mine having the 1973 Chevy version of this car in high school.

It was the ugliest greenish brown color I have ever seen with an equally ugly tan interior.

It was also the biggest dog I have ever encountered!

We used to relish in letting it idle in drive at about 4 or 5 mph & running Chinese fire drills around it on main street! :lol:

We called it "The Draggin' Wagon".

Looked a little like this........minus the stylish wood grain!

Steve

image.png.6bc9beeb9607f4d48d1c238cbfdab65b.png

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...