Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I remember a good friend of mine having the 1973 Chevy version of this car in high school.

It was the ugliest greenish brown color I have ever seen with an equally ugly tan interior.

It was also the biggest dog I have ever encountered!

We used to relish in letting it idle in drive at about 4 or 5 mph & running Chinese fire drills around it on main street! :lol:

We called it "The Draggin' Wagon".

Looked a little like this........minus the stylish wood grain!

Steve

image.png.6bc9beeb9607f4d48d1c238cbfdab65b.png

Steve, the above photo shows us a '72 Kingswood Estate. Not a '73. Did your friend have a '72 or '73? 

Girlfriend needed a picture frame from Michaels so I checked out the almost non existent model section. A couple of Firestone trucks, S and H, Ghostbusters and a couple of others. Been needing one of these to go with my Baja Bronco and with a 50% off coupon it was only $14.00 plus tax. Cheaper than HL.

SAM_0527.JPG

5 hours ago, om617 said:

Great find! Looks like all is there,with pillar fix it be good as new.

Yeah, it's in really nice shape except for the pillar. He was asking $75. I got it in trade for 5 relatively run of the mill kits that I could get for $15 each pretty much anywhere. He was happy and I was very happy!

Later-

Bought these two yesterday

s-l1600.jpg

This one is pretty much in mint condition, relatively inexpensive and FREE SHIPPING! Of course, I only found it after I rebuilt the tailfin on the salvage project. This would've come in handy casting a new fin. But,what the hey! Now, I can make copes of the firewall and tail light lenses to use in that one. 

And this

s-l1600.jpg

I already have one. One can never have too many. I love these early '60s Mopars.  At least half of the people who owned cars on my block when I was a kid had early-mid '60s Darts. Furys and Valiants. I made an offer and it was accepted; so, i got this one at a great price as well. Plus, it's still sealed, which means I won't have to fish for replacement parts. :D Should be receiving both on Friday.

Edited by SfanGoch

49 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

s-l1600.jpg

This one is pretty much in mint condition, relatively inexpensive and FREE SHIPPING! Of course, I only found it after I rebuilt the tailfin on the salvage project. This would've come in handy casting a new fin. But,what the hey! Now, I can make copes of the firewall and tail light lenses to use in that one. 

And this

s-l1600.jpg

I already have one. One can never have too many. I love these early '60s Mopars.  At least half of the people who owned cars on my block when I was a kid had early-mid '60s Darts. Furys and Valiants. I made an offer and it was accepted; so, i got this one at a great price as well. Plus, it's still sealed, which means I won't have to fish for replacement parts. :D Should be receiving both on Friday.

Nice score Joe!

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

s-l1600.jpg

And this

s-l1600.jpg

Nice stuff Joe!

Can never have too many 60s Mopars! ;)

Steve

14 hours ago, cobraman said:

That Aurora large scale drag stuff is very nice.

13 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I doesn't get better than that. Those are amazingly detailed. 

5 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

WOW..!  You guys are finding some nice stuff...!  I use to have almost every Aurora race shop stuff once....nice old Johans..etc. guys.

Yeah, I'd about given up on finding one unmolested, and just about resigned myself to overpaying for a glooey mess. Then this one showed up for a reasonable price, 100% complete, unstarted and almost every part still on the trees...but in a nasty water-stained box (not the one in the photo). Still searching for the blown Keith Black sister unit, as I need the blower to use on this engine in a period rail-job. 

Some of the kits were started. The Rolls was not. All the instructions and decals are with the kits except for the Tiger Shark. But that one has something that looks like you would put the model on it and it would rotate. The Pierce Arrow kit has all the paper work advertising the company's models. Not sure what to do with the others. I'd like to get at least the stock hood, front grill and rear pieces to the Plymouth. I actually had a dealer's promo when I was a kid that had the working torsion bars in it. But my brothers took care of that along with the rest. The Lincolns cools it has sun roofs that lift up, Missing one of course and the hood. The t-birds are all there except for the 58 convertible which is missing it's windshield frame. And another cobra to get rid of. The best find is the 1957 Chevy Impala Matchbox car. It's in perfect shape. This estate sale was like a time cell opened up. These people kept everything they ever owned. 

image18.jpeg

image29.jpeg

image13.jpeg

32 minutes ago, DumpyDan said:

Good find, hope the price was good also?

I think it’s worth what I paid. The matchbox car is worth a bit. And it’s in perfect condition. But I couldn’t find the box. The built cars I bought mainly for the whitewall tires. Lol.

18 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yeah, I'd about given up on finding one unmolested, and just about resigned myself to overpaying for a glooey mess. Then this one showed up for a reasonable price, 100% complete, unstarted and almost every part still on the trees...but in a nasty water-stained box (not the one in the photo). Still searching for the blown Keith Black sister unit, as I need the blower to use on this engine in a period rail-job. 

so your looking for the Donovan 417  with the ED pink Supercharger . these are the best detailed 1/16th drag engine ever made .

18 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I hear you there Ace...I have many things I have been trying to find including parts on a very small income I live on does not make anything any easier.  I miss those old kits they made...they were great ones...and great memories of my childhood days.   Yeah I have a project Ill need a 1/20th scale blown..injected hemi engine for and a 1/8th scale project Ill need a realistic looking 671 blower set up with fuel injection scoop for the Lindberg Tall T kit project I have.   I dig the old boxes love to just look at them.    Glad you found one of your grails..!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...