Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I picked up this Fujimi garage kit. Ordered it from Japan (via ebay), transported on the slow boat, and it was delivered for a whopping $20 and change. I'm very pleased with the kit, it has much more than I need and the quality is excellent. I'm going to use it in my shadowbox diorama.

43834796415_bda4a0d074_z.jpg

6 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Just bought these in separate deals on Ebay. They're really toys, but, I am sure i can have some fun with them!

a-l1600.jpg

a-l1603.jpg

a-l1605.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

Wow, those are some real oldies.  The red one is a Strombecker Maserati but the cream colored Indy one at 9 inches is a mystery to me.  Great finds.

Picked up these today. They are complete and some are partially started. The 2 Chevys have had the roofs removed. Have to figure out how to reattach them or find boot covers and figure out sun visors. At least they left some plastic along the top of the windshields frame. The truck is started and the Ford has had it's doors glued shut. The hinges are broken off  so I guess they will have to stay that way. The stock cars will be up for grabs as I'm not interested in them. I had to buy them all and the whole lot was a super duper deal.  The cool little gas station has lights that blink on top. I think it might be a hot wheels toy as you can launch a car from the showroom floor. Heck 5 cents. Can't go wrong. Use it to display some matchbox cars.

image21.jpeg

image22.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

3 hours ago, ewetwo said:

The 2 Chevys have had the roofs removed. Have to figure out how to reattach them or find boot covers and figure out sun visors. At least they left some plastic along the top of the windshields frame.

Definitely a nice haul. David. If possible, can you take pics of the two Chevys and post them in the Model Building Questions and Answers section? I could offer some advice on reattaching the roofs once I can see the damage. 

On 2018-09-15 at 1:10 AM, Dann Tier said:

My friend in Japan had a talk to Japan Post, who in turn lit a fire under N.Y. postpones a.., and I FINALLY got my Aoshima Countach kit in!!…….even if it did look like it was used in the World Cup finals. It was packed so good, that there wasn't even the slightest damage to the box inside!  Since I didn't know I was ever gonna get it, I had already ordered another one. Heres whats on its way.....

s-l22549UMDCLN.jpg

FUJI-12218.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

TMY-24279-01.jpg

124_Ferrari_288_GTO_Enthusiast_Model_29763.jpg

Nice looking haul Dan

I have that GTO kit in 1/16 scale, such a beautiful car

B956C52A-0A7D-4A6D-9999-9F71A7DED61D.jpeg

10 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Wow, those are some real oldies.  The red one is a Strombecker Maserati but the cream colored Indy one at 9 inches is a mystery to me.  Great finds.

The listing on Ebay said the yellow one is Ideal. I won't know for sure, until it gets here. They should be fun to check out!

19 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I picked up this Fujimi garage kit. Ordered it from Japan (via ebay), transported on the slow boat, and it was delivered for a whopping $20 and change. I'm very pleased with the kit, it has much more than I need and the quality is excellent. I'm going to use it in my shadowbox diorama.

43834796415_bda4a0d074_z.jpg

Nice...!!!

9 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

The listing on Ebay said the yellow one is Ideal. I won't know for sure, until it gets here. They should be fun to check out!

That makes sense then for the Indy racer as ITC Ideal made larger scale models, I had one of their Pegaso once.  I found this picture on eBay.

5ba6284b79bcf_IdealIndy-l1600.jpg.848e6580b3d3529191fb5c96e95fc5be.jpg

I rescued another Welly Porsche from Rite Aid yesterday, this one a yellow Boxster S. I hope to Snake-Fu it today--it won't take much, just some touchup on the lights and maybe polish a scratch off the windshield. This is the third Porsche I've rescued from Rite Aid. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...