Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

50 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Have you had a chance to make anything with that yet Bill ?

Yes sir. I'm making a bunch of small parts for a custom instrument panel I'm building for a real DeLorean, and for models, I've been able to turn some aluminum wheel sleeves that fit turned-down centers of plastic kit wheels...and turning plastic kit rims to fit aftermarket centers (like the PE wire centers made for aircraft models that will work as cycle wheels for dragsters). Had to get a slow-speed setup to be able to turn plastic parts (so they don't melt), and the company that sold me that also makes repop drive belts in modern materials. Most of the original belts are hard and dry by now (40 to 50+ years old), but there are enough people using these machines that lotsa parts are available, some newly manufactured. There's a lot of NOS stuff floating around too.

The little tool will do just about everything my big mill and lathe will do, just on a vastly reduced scale. :D

6 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

How many choice words and Beers? LOL  

I like this. Looks like you could get some organization going on with it. 

LOL. No beers, but plenty of choice words, especially when I was moving it into place and dragged it across my toes...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...