Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, Ich_Will said:

I’m determined to get organized. Grabbed this at ikea. One drawer for each ongoing project: Ferrari F40, Porsche 962, Miura, 500SL, GT3, DTM Audi, and DTM C63... plus two drawers for paint cans. 

AFB012BC-C55F-4301-8E02-6CCEB4A0C435.jpeg

NICE, William!!, so you have 7 on the go as well??!!!

On 9/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, Ich_Will said:

I’m determined to get organized. Grabbed this at ikea. One drawer for each ongoing project: Ferrari F40, Porsche 962, Miura, 500SL, GT3, DTM Audi, and DTM C63... plus two drawers for paint cans. 

AFB012BC-C55F-4301-8E02-6CCEB4A0C435.jpeg

A very nice cabinet!  The organized size of me likes it!  Only when going with the "one unfinished project to a drawer"  theory, I'd need 4-5 of them!   :D

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

A very nice cabinet!  The organized size of me likes it!  Only when going with the "one unfinished project to a drawer"  theory, I'd need 4-5 of them!   :D

Perfect size for one project! I try to exercise some self control...I figure if I have a system it would stop me from starting any more  

C693F8B8-0174-41D8-9100-65726807625C.jpeg

Edited by Ich_Will

7 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Perfect size for one project! I try to exercise some self control...I figure if I have a system it would stop me from starting any more  

C693F8B8-0174-41D8-9100-65726807625C.jpeg

Just be careful with those mats under your kit. I have experienced those to contain oils that bleed out. Wouldn't want it to ruin any part of your project.

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Just be careful with those mats under your kit. I have experienced those to contain oils that bleed out. Wouldn't want it to ruin any part of your project.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be keeping an eye on them and removing if necessary.

10 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Kevin....it still builds into a cool looking model I think you will be happy with it.

I saw it on the web, while looking for something else, and then chased one down on Amazon, because I just knew I had to have it.

9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

I agree!!…..its so cool!!!

I think so too. I'm hoping to finally finish a model with some cool colors, and this may well be it.

I *had to* get the Hasagawa Honda Civic CVCC (1975) because it was my first car, dad bought it new in 1977.  This might be the first kit to hit the USA.  I got the previous version RS (1974) when it first came out too, was contemplating how to make it a CVCC, then this was announced.  Will need to make left-hand drive, and modify sidelights, bumpers, mirror to US specs, and scribe trunk into a hatchback.  Was wondering if I should do an in-box review of these kits.

The Porsche Turbo is not a curbside, box is dated 2018, so it must be a new kit (I built a slantnose curbside Fujimi, and have an Enthusiast series 911 Turbo in the box).  Planning to do a Klein bicycle ad with this.  After a few dozen other ideas.....

IMG_8243_Fotor.jpg

11 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I *had to* get the Hasagawa Honda Civic CVCC (1975) because it was my first car, dad bought it new in 1977.  This might be the first kit to hit the USA.  I got the previous version RS (1974) when it first came out too, was contemplating how to make it a CVCC, then this was announced.  Will need to make left-hand drive, and modify sidelights, bumpers, mirror to US specs, and scribe trunk into a hatchback.  Was wondering if I should do an in-box review of these kits.

The Porsche Turbo is not a curbside, box is dated 2018, so it must be a new kit (I built a slantnose curbside Fujimi, and have an Enthusiast series 911 Turbo in the box).  Planning to do a Klein bicycle ad with this.  After a few dozen other ideas.....

IMG_8243_Fotor.jpg

Those Porsche kits are the best!!….I have the original issue of that one.

Due to a thread posted elsewhere on the forum concerning the Ford "cammer" engine, I sprung for an unmolested Tom Daniel-designed T'rantula, mostly to get those lovely rocker covers. I have several cammer-powered builds in the lineup, but they've all stalled due to large (to me) scale and appearance inaccuracies with the engines. 

We'll be seeing what it will take, or if it's even possible, to build a correct-looking cammer from these covers and other bits I have in stock. B)

Image result for tom daniels Tarantula

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...