Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I doubt most of you will be excited but I am. I got another airbrush to add to my collection. It's a Binks Wren Model A. Single action, siphon feed. The second airbrush (and the first good one) I bought was a Binks Wren Model B almost 45 years ago and it's been my modelling airbrush "go-to" since. Among others, I now have the Model A, three Bs and a C, all they made so my Wren collection is complete. I found it on feeBay, made an offer and it was accepted. Cool beanies!

binks wren a.jpg

I was at a moving sale,and found a really nice collection of great diecast muscle cars in 1/18th scale..And one bright red perfect condition 1/18th F40 Ferrari.Which just so happens to be my favorite super car of all time.Now I've just got to make some more room on my shelves:D

13 hours ago, DPNM said:

I doubt most of you will be excited but I am. I got another airbrush to add to my collection. It's a Binks Wren Model A. Single action, siphon feed. The second airbrush (and the first good one) I bought was a Binks Wren Model B almost 45 years ago and it's been my modelling airbrush "go-to" since. Among others, I now have the Model A, three Bs and a C, all they made so my Wren collection is complete. I found it on feeBay, made an offer and it was accepted. Cool beanies!

binks wren a.jpg

I had one of those about 45 years ago as well. I really liked it. Not sure which model it was but doesn't matter since it was stolen along with a compressor from my garage years ago. I may have to look for a replacement now that you reminded me.

3 hours ago, peter31a said:

I think the difference is that the tires Todd showed have the Firestone logos which Modelhaus had to stop doing and I doubt the new ones produced will have the logos.

Yep that is the difference and the tires are going to be sold by his son and they don't have the firestone on them 

Got these in the mail yesterday. 5, 1/4" full rolls and a partial, more then enough to last me a life time of building. 

Remember those hand held label makers from the 70's-80's that made up a label with white raised lettering like a credit card that were also self adhesive tape.  You could get them in widths from 1/4"-1/2". I beat some of you are thinking  'ya so, what do those have to do with building models'. About 8yrs ago when I was building a race car and scribing numerous straight lines using layered up masking tape I thought to myself, 'there has to be a better way to scribe straight lines'. Then I thought of this stuff, but had no idea what it was called. The thought was then forgotten until a recent conversation with member Faust, he revealed he has been using this method for years and the popular brand name of this stuff is Dymo Tape. A quick evilBay search resulted in a purchase of the rolls you see posted here. Not Dymo brand, but the same none the less, this stuff seems thinner and more flexible then I remember,  perhaps it is because it's only 1/4" and not the more common 3/8". 

So a huge thank you goes out to Adam aka Faust. 

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5555.JPG

Edited by Rider

22 hours ago, peter31a said:

I think the difference is that the tires Todd showed have the Firestone logos which Modelhaus had to stop doing and I doubt the new ones produced will have the logos.

18 hours ago, tabsscale1 said:

Yep that is the difference and the tires are going to be sold by his son and they don't have the firestone on them 

Thank you  guys for getting me straight on this. Good to know. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, DPNM said:

binks wren a.jpg

That was my first airbrush too. Not a bad little brush. I had a Binks compressor too. Paid $20 for the pair. Quietest compressor I've ever had. I gave it and the AB to a Buddy when he moved. Wish I still had it.

Later-

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, tabsscale1 said:

Went to Mid America Nationals  last weekend and got these ModelHaus Tires. All of them have firestone in the whitewalls

IMG_7576.JPG

Man! Nice Score! Wish I had a set of those 170's for my 40 Merc. (If you want to sell a set, please hit me up.)

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...