Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Spotted by a good friend of mine in Japan, I did have this kit many years ago, along with other Fujimi Porsche kits, I sold them all to a friend of mine who only builds Porsche kits, I kind of regret selling this one after building the convertible version, hopefully I'll have it soon, they usually go for silly money, it cost me just over 4000 yen, around £28.

FB_IMG_1540634083943.jpg

FB_IMG_1540634087621.jpg

FB_IMG_1540634090646.jpg

Went to a slot car swap meet this morning and picked up a few good things. One is a very nice 1967 Chrysler 300 promo. I got it at very good price. It's missing a hood ornament (with Modelhaus gone, anybody have any ideas on where I might be able to get a replacement?), and some slight but easy to fix damage to the "A" pillar and vent wing. Beyond that the chrome is pretty good. And she needs a little cleaning. 

Besides that, I picked up two Lindberg 1/32 snap kits, at a really good price. Both are unopened. Not the greatest kits in the world, but where else are you going find a round headlamp Monte of that vintage? Or a Grand Am. I'm happy to have them. 

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

9 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Spotted by a good friend of mine in Japan, I did have this kit many years ago, along with other Fujimi Porsche kits...

Nice score. As you know, those are wonderful kits. 

8 hours ago, TooOld said:

From Altered States , for a couple of future projects . :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the '27. I need a couple.  

10 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Spotted by a good friend of mine in Japan, I did have this kit many years ago, along with other Fujimi Porsche kits, I sold them all to a friend of mine who only builds Porsche kits, I kind of regret selling this one after building the convertible version, hopefully I'll have it soon, they usually go for silly money, it cost me just over 4000 yen, around £28.

FB_IMG_1540634083943.jpg

FB_IMG_1540634087621.jpg

FB_IMG_1540634090646.jpg

These are Fantastic kits!!….haven't built mine yet.

3 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I really didn't enjoy building the 911 I built, but the 356 was a cracking kit to build, looking forward to starting this one.

It will look great with you building it!!, I could build those 911 kits all the time!!...my favorite German car!!  I have built several of the EM ones, but I decided to get a Tamiya one to give it a try.

Got this in the mail from Japan this morning.

http://IMG_20181027_203806154.jpg

Been waiting for it! Funny story. I ordered it on line a couple of months ago for a bit over $30. A couple of weeks later my wife told me that she got a message that the shipment was cancelled for no reason by the company I got it from and that the credit card had been reimbursed. I asked my wife twice over the last couple of weeks if she was sure. She told me that it had been reimbursed. Today it showed up so I asked my wife again and got the same answer. So I showed her the kit. She looked puzzled. I guess I need to get ahold of the company and have them charge my card again.

Later-

15 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Went to a slot car swap meet this morning and picked up a few good things. One is a very nice 1967 Chrysler 300 promo. I got it at very good price. It's missing a hood ornament (with Modelhaus gone, anybody have any ideas on where I might be able to get a replacement?), and some slight but easy to fix damage to the "A" pillar and vent wing. Beyond that the chrome is pretty good. And she needs a little cleaning. 

Besides that, I picked up two Lindberg 1/32 snap kits, at a really good price. Both are unopened. Not the greatest kits in the world, but where else are you going find a round headlamp Monte of that vintage? Or a Grand Am. I'm happy to have them. 

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

Scott...I wish my 67 Chrysler 300 promo was in better shape its pretty much destroyed from the tornado we had sadly.

13 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

It will look great with you building it!!, I could build those 911 kits all the time!!...my favorite German car!!  I have built several of the EM ones, but I decided to get a Tamiya one to give it a try.

Hopefully it will build up as nicely as the convertible i built a few years ago.

FB_IMG_1540733473068.jpg

I just got my hands on a 72/73 ish Matador four door sedan. It's an old resin cast and we don't know who made the body. I have to try and redo almost every panel on it. It's very thick and has a bulge in the roof plus the hood looks a bit uneven. Grille is molded into the body and needs to be redone for accuracy. Looks like it was made from the Rebel Machine body. I owned the real version of this body style so I had to have it.

Edited by lordairgtar

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Nice Mr. Mailman just dropped off a semi-grail, a complete AMT King T/ Wild Dream double kit in an almost perfect box. Not cheap, but reasonable. I want to do as many of the AMBR winners as are available in styrene.

Image result for AMT King T kit

Nice score Bill .

On 10/28/2018 at 4:47 AM, Modlbldr said:

Got this in the mail from Japan this morning.

http://IMG_20181027_203806154.jpg

Been waiting for it! Funny story. I ordered it on line a couple of months ago for a bit over $30. A couple of weeks later my wife told me that she got a message that the shipment was cancelled for no reason by the company I got it from and that the credit card had been reimbursed. I asked my wife twice over the last couple of weeks if she was sure. She told me that it had been reimbursed. Today it showed up so I asked my wife again and got the same answer. So I showed her the kit. She looked puzzled. I guess I need to get ahold of the company and have them charge my card again.

Later-

Oh nice!  I'm looking forward to the build thread of this one!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...