Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, unclescott58 said:

Went to a slot car swap meet this morning and picked up a few good things. One is a very nice 1967 Chrysler 300 promo. I got it at very good price. It's missing a hood ornament (with Modelhaus gone, anybody have any ideas on where I might be able to get a replacement?), and some slight but easy to fix damage to the "A" pillar and vent wing. Beyond that the chrome is pretty good. And she needs a little cleaning. 

Besides that, I picked up two Lindberg 1/32 snap kits, at a really good price. Both are unopened. Not the greatest kits in the world, but where else are you going find a round headlamp Monte of that vintage? Or a Grand Am. I'm happy to have them. 

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

nice

1 hour ago, Super28 said:

Got this today off Ebay. Not cheap but worth it

20181029_184330.jpg

20181029_184344.jpg

20181029_184404.jpg

20181029_184553.jpg

Sweet! Is it light blue or light green? Looks one way in some pics, the other in others. I think mine is light blue. I would LOVE to have one molded in the green yours looks like. I'd polish that beauty out! 

37 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Sweet! Is it light blue or light green? Looks one way in some pics, the other in others. I think mine is light blue. I would LOVE to have one molded in the green yours looks like. I'd polish that beauty out! 

37 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

looks more like turquoise

On 10/25/2018 at 4:33 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Finally found this at a reasonable price. :)

Box open, but bags sealed.

20181025_172458.jpg

I'm amazed what has become "collectible", this for example.   I built the BTCC version last century, looked at what people are asking for, and about pooped my pants.

1 hour ago, Super28 said:

looks more like turquoise

A little bit of primer, then you can paint it any color you wish. Had one about thirty years ago. Wish I had one today. I actually like the Marlin. I never understood why the real car didn't sell better. Especially, IMO, the best looking one, the '67. 

4 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I never understood why the real car didn't sell better. Especially, IMO, the best looking one, the '67. 

I think that I might agree with you on that.

Not sure about the front end treatment, but they did work some of the "dumpiness" out of it.

image.png.bf3efbae0c811a32f4309fa619809af5.png

Although, I much prefer the rebel SST.

Tell me that AMC & Mopar weren't swiping ideas from each other!

Can anybody say "Road Runner"?

image.thumb.png.9707926976795cffefe8438f0040dd3f.png

image.png.25d6f93237972be118ea9945e30fef2d.png

image.png.21f4ad36529db35a66605d1391071afc.png

Steve

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I think that I might agree with you on that.

Not sure about the front end treatment, but they did work some of the "dumpiness" out of it.

image.png.bf3efbae0c811a32f4309fa619809af5.png

Although, I much prefer the rebel SST.

Tell me that AMC & Mopar weren't swiping ideas from each other!

Can anybody say "Road Runner"?

image.thumb.png.9707926976795cffefe8438f0040dd3f.png

image.png.25d6f93237972be118ea9945e30fef2d.png

image.png.21f4ad36529db35a66605d1391071afc.png

Steve

Steve....Sure dose remind you of one huh..?   I have a 67 Ambassador HT and convertible in my collection to restore once I can find what they both need. Then I have to try to find parts for the other AMCs I have for family owned replicas.

Edited by disabled modeler

I love the styling, mainly the front end, of the 1967 Ambassadors and Marlins. If I could really could own one of them, it would be the Ambassador convertible. Followed by the Marlin. Some day I hope to add an Ambassador convertible promo model to my collection. Lovely cars. Some of the best to come Kenosha. 

Edited by unclescott58

Man there are some great finds here great stuff everyone. 

So after CrazyRick posted his 1/24 scale completed Road Coach. I reached out to him for find out where he got it. Turns out the guy who 3D printed his version also had a 1/12 version, so I jumped at the chance,. It's something I have been thinking about for the past 8yrs.

The sad news, it is no where near 1/12, those are 1/12 scale F1 tire's. This shell appears to be closer to 1/16 scale. I am now on the hunt for the Revell 1/16 Big Bad Van kit. 

IMG_5653.JPG

36 minutes ago, Rider said:

Man there are some great finds here great stuff everyone. 

So after CrazyRick posted his 1/24 scale completed Road Coach. I reached out to him for find out where he got it. Turns out the guy who 3D printed his version also had a 1/12 version, so I jumped at the chance,. It's something I have been thinking about for the past 8yrs.

The sad news, it is no where near 1/12, those are 1/12 scale F1 tire's. This shell appears to be closer to 1/16 scale. I am now on the hunt for the Revell 1/16 Big Bad Van kit. 

IMG_5653.JPG

Just curious, but why the Van kit? 

Just now, Daddyfink said:

Gotcha! Just out of curiosity, have you checked 1/20th? 

Thanks Jesse for the suggestion. I have, they're too small. The rear tire's from the MPC 1/16 Cobra kit look about the right height, but the fronts are too tall. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...