Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 11/9/2018 at 6:18 PM, SfanGoch said:

I ordered a Mattel Vac-U-Form Machine

image.jpeg.caf6fdd810d07d0b7e7090daac97eeda.jpeg

Now, I'll be able to vacuform replacement glass, among other things.

I have one of those too!  It's a learned skill to get decent windows out of it!

Last time I looked there was a company that was making the perforated sheets for Vac-u-form!  I can check if you are interested.

7 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Last time I looked there was a company that was making the perforated sheets for Vac-u-form!  I can check if you are interested.

The sheets don't HAVE to be perforated, as long as they're tight in the frame. I discovered that you can vac plain .030 plastic just fine. .020 will often work, too. If you can't get a good "lock" on it, you can wrap the edges with a layer of vinyl tape. 

Hey, yesterday I went to the Liars Model Car Challenge on Long Island, NY

This show has always been a good place to find cheap goodies, as several of the vendors are club members who annually thin their collections...

image.png.96b995210497ef852422101bc12eb1e4.png

Continuing my fixation with the Monogram 1930 Model A series..  I already have both of these but couldn't pass them up. $10 for the woodie, $25 for the Cabriolet.

image.png.8e7e30846dab0258b9f0b2e793ebb84e.png

Nothing earth shattering here, just extra copies of old favorites.  '57 Ford was $15 and the other two were 2/$25.

I wanted an additional pie wagon so I could use my current one for parts.  I want to put that flathead with the tri scoops into a rod.

I'm thinking of building the Pie Wagon for the 24 Hour Build in January.

image.png.3f693daf8a1fe1c53fa1ab9fa25a1e48.png

These 4 added up to $23 and the vendor said "Just give me $20.  The Ranchero and the '32 seem complete, but no worries, I have a few more of each. The '40 and '57 are actually parts boxes. The '40 has a complete unbuilt sedan delivery and a built up coupe in the box.  The '57 has someone's unfinished wagon using the 60s Lincoln custom wagon roof.  Most important to me is that it has the rear end and glass I need to finish up one of my old custom restoration projects. That $3 box made my day.  I am easily amused!

image.png.457e53591d4398eebe5836d725574339.png

And the icing on the cake.  My Volare took second place in Light Commercial.  I don't focus on competing any more, but always bring my latest projects to show my friends. The Volare just happened to already be packed to travel, so I grabbed the box as well.   Thank you Liars Model Car Club!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Buncha stuff followed me home from the Southern Nats last weekend...goodies from R&M, Fireball, HRM, Clearly Scale, Futureattraction, Scale Production and Pegasus...and a lot of spur-of-the moment stuff that just called to me "buy me...buy me...": a green brush-painted 1/24 Monogram Chaparral for a dollar, a complete "1997 Dodge concept car" in a bag (Copperhead...cause i'd wanted one to hack into something else), and a great deal on an AMT Mack R685ST.

Also picked up smokin' end-of-show-we-don't-want-to-take-them-home deals on 1/24 Revell and Fujimi 427 SC Cobras, a Fujimi 246 Dino, and an Ecto-1A just for grins.

Last, a couple of sealed and cheap AMT '90 Corvette ZR-1 kits to start pre-engineering on what just might be a full scale build...but that's another story entirely.  :D

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

This show has always been a good place to find cheap goodies, as several of the vendors are club members who annually thin their collections...

Continuing my fixation with the Monogram 1930 Model A series..  I already have both of these but couldn't pass them up. $10 for the woodie, $25 for the Cabriolet.

Nothing earth shattering here, just extra copies of old favorites.  '57 Ford was $15 and the other two were 2/$25.

I wanted an additional pie wagon so I could use my current one for parts.  I want to put that flathead with the tri scoops into a rod.

These 4 added up to $23 and the vendor said "Just give me $20.  The Ranchero and the '32 seem complete, but no worries, I have a few more of each. The '40 and '57 are actually parts boxes. The '40 has a complete unbuilt sedan delivery and a built up coupe in the box.  The '57 has someone's unfinished wagon using the 60s Lincoln custom wagon roof.  Most important to me is that it has the rear end and glass I need to finish up one of my old custom restoration projects. That $3 box made my day.  I am easily amused!

And the icing on the cake.  My Volare took second place in Light Commercial.  I don't focus on competing any more, but always bring my latest projects to show my friends. The Volare just happened to already be packed to travel, so I grabbed the box as well.   Thank you Liars Model Car Club!

I gotta get me one of those '40 Ford delivery kits...

13289905-1940-ford-panel-truck-std.jpg

16 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice haul Tom and congratulation's.

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Tom, may I ask what engine the Pie Wagon has in it? Does the intake fit other V-8 engines well? Congratulations on your win!

Ar our D.A.A.M show yesterday I bought a Lambo Murcielago R-SV, a Sauber C9, two MPC Dodge vans, a Tamiya FW-24 ( after not seeing any for years of looking for them I've gotten 2 in 7 months!), and an AMT slot car. I also sold $340 worth of kits and one $60  1/18 scale diorama.

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Tom, may I ask what engine the Pie Wagon has in it? Does the intake fit other V-8 engines well? Congratulations on your win!

Carl, it has a flathead Ford. I don't believe it's a very good one sitting in a Tom Daniel custom.  I just love that intake.  I don't know if it would fit anything else, I haven't tried.    Thanks for the congrats!   I wasn't going to bring the Volare, when I went to pack up a few other cars, I saw it was still packed to travel from bringing it to a club meeting because a fellow club member wanted to see how the LIndberg '64 Dodge slant six fit in the Volare.  

Went to the IPMS Nationals on Saturday, picked up a Revell Germany version of the Chevrolet 56 Nomad, I checked the contents the day after the show, sadly the rear light lenses are missing, after chatting to my contract at Revell U.K, parts for this kit are unobtainable, luckily i found another kit in Carson City Nevada, going for a silly price, I'll cast a set of lights in resin, and either build the second kit or sell\trade it, hopefully I'll have the second kit by end of the week.

FB_IMG_1542063635439.jpg

FB_IMG_1542063642775.jpg

44 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

WHAT!!!!!!!......I NEED ONE OF THOSE TOO!!!!!!!

HLJ is sold out. Try mshobbies.com. they still have some. It's a great kit of an icon in rallying. Gotta have. Next up is the Lancia S4 from Beemax

1200px-Rétromobile_2017_-_Lancia_Delta_S4_-_circa_1986_-_001.jpg

31398319_1675903355778316_958828530886508544_n.jpg.e9dec823d4519e912c41c1b34eb8af97.jpg

Edited by 935k3

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...