Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got this one in the mail today. Was sealed. Looks like a great kit.

This is not my normal. I've never build this style of vehicle but I remember these from way back and have always liked the looks. Looking forward to it.

http://IMG_20181116_090240955.jpg

http://IMG_20181116_090519390.jpg

The decals look like they may be a problem. I'll have to seal them before using them.

Later-

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

I got this one in the mail today. Was sealed. Looks like a great kit.

This is not my normal. I've never build this style of vehicle but I remember these from way back and have always liked the looks. Looking forward to it.

The decals look like they may be a problem. I'll have to seal them before using them.

Later-

Tom, just a heads up for you. This is a great kit to build, and is unique as an F1 car. It does originate from the days when Tamiya used battery powered electric motors. The structure of the model does still include a battery compartment and a plastic insert which served as the battery compartment door.      Bill A.

45 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Tom, just a heads up for you. This is a great kit to build, and is unique as an F1 car. It does originate from the days when Tamiya used battery powered electric motors. The structure of the model does still include a battery compartment and a plastic insert which served as the battery compartment door.      Bill A.

Thanks Bill. Hadn't gotten that good of a look at it and probably wouldn't have noticed until I got ready to build it. Shouldn't be a bother though. It will spend most of its life in a display cabinet.

Later-

9 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

I think that was the 1/12 scale kit not the 1/20 which he has.

I got these today. Ertl car trailer. Dinky Classic British Sports Cars, series 2. And a toy service station. The station is not big enough for 1/25 models. But 1/43 will work fine. Tomorrow the Fulton New York model car show and swap.

899AED57-18E6-46C5-8FB9-2436ED9DDED0.jpeg

EB88D6BE-8D3D-4A15-9951-BA19EB6E3E72.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Well not exactly all in one day, more like this month.  Front to back.  BBurago Renault Alpine 1600S, Welly Corvette, Leo Models Renault Alpine 1600S, Atlas Tatrans 125 S scooter, Hallmark Honda CB 750 and a Atlas BMW R32.

100_1148.JPG.c76780cac5b27130d03ba565367003c4.JPG

Alpines are awesome!!

52 minutes ago, Deathgoblin said:

Wednesday, I got a laporoscopic appendectomy.  First time having surgery under general anesthesia.  I hope to never do that again.

Today I got in an AMT Plymouth Prowler kit.  It's complete and unbuilt.  It's in excellent shape.  :)

I had mine out a couple years ago. The pain was so intense I would have gone through anything to get it removed. Glad you are on the mend. :)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...