Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

AMT 06-553 1963 Buick Riviera 3 in 1 Customizing Kit

image.thumb.jpeg.038efd0c2ec7ba90da44d9e031bb2cf8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7fff288ac34b2b397771469094650147.jpeg

Minty fresh and untouched by human hands.

Very cool! I have a painted glue bomb of one of these, complete with instructions and many, maybe most of the optional/custom parts, but missing the rear bumper. Fortunately I was able to get one from Modelhaus before they closed up. I need to dig that thing out and rebuild it someday. 

25 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Nice haul David, especially the Nomad.

Thanks Joe. As far as I know. That’s the last show for this year. With winter coming. I will have more than enough to keep me busy. Some one did mention there was a model car group in East Greenbush, NY but I haven’t found any info. Syracuse and Binghamton is as far as I want to go. I was told about a 3 day event in the Boston area but that’s too far. And there were about 4 more of that Nomad kit there Joe.

Edited by ewetwo
Addition

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Wanna trade for a very nice built up I got from a guy a while back? :lol:

Ah...nope! I'm going to do like William Devane fondling gold coins with his flippers. Open the box every year on the anniversary of its acquisition and just stare at it. :D Seriously, though, I have a plan for this. Thanks for the heads up on the fender wells.

Edited by SfanGoch

13 hours ago, ewetwo said:

I’m looking forward to it Guido. I love the color as it is. Great combo. The Caddy is bright pink. Might just go with it. Lol

Yep! I was thinking of doing mine box stock also with wires and plumbing.... It's a great kit!.. ☺️?

I did see a build up of that very kit some years ago and it turned out beautiful once it was completed.... I should have saved those pictures.... My bad!... ?

An early Christmas!!

Mid summer I began poking around for a project to do over the winter and finally decided on a 3 car build. The kits are all Tamiya from BNA models, and the detail up goodies are from mainly Scale Motorsport and Crazy Modeler. 

The one and only 03 Enzo, the stunning hybrid FXX-K, and last but not least the very successful 2001 F1 car.

To make it short, I  had the orders together and the funds set aside for everything and planned to order in mid December. Unbenonced to me, my wonderful wife of 31 years had other plans all along.....UPS showed up at the door with packages in hand- the entire order! Yes sir, think I outta keep her?!!

Plan on getting underway with the first car the week of Thanksgiving, and really looking forward to it!

That's my "what did you get today" story! 

9 minutes ago, Ty Gontz said:

a fine tip Sharpie to experiment with on panel linesimage.thumb.jpg.2f00e32cd920dfc28cdd4d43afc1dc9b.jpg

I also found this very nice diecast 1:24 scale Shelby Cobra at Rite-Aid.

630A7F1D-2E65-46BB-B061-029D54DA4E76.thumb.jpeg.f4d0a7a4cf50c93c8178a2579e2e34de.jpeg

DON'T do panel lines with a black Sharpie. It looks awful and there's the chance that it can leach into and stain the surrounding paint in years to come. There are MUCH better ways to do panel lines. 

Do you happen to have the Monogram/Revell kit of the 427 Cobra? I'd be interested in hearing if the body is the same size as the Welly. I've seen diecast Cobras before, but they always look big to me--much bigger than 1/24-1/25 should be. But yours looks so nice that I might have to get one if the size is right. 

Edited by Snake45

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

DON'T do panel lines with a black Sharpie.

Thank you for saying that Snake. I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, now I know.

The only Cobra 427 kit I have is the Monogram Shelby 427 Cobra Street, and here is the comparison of it.image.thumb.jpg.4b0889d058be803974109c586184eaab.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.d81c954cb513406c44b25a6153623312.jpg

Apologies for the missing parts on the Cobra - it is in the process of getting restored.

1 hour ago, Ty Gontz said:

Thank you for saying that Snake. I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, now I know.

The only Cobra 427 kit I have is the Monogram Shelby 427 Cobra Street, and here is the comparison of it.image.thumb.jpg.4b0889d058be803974109c586184eaab.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.d81c954cb513406c44b25a6153623312.jpg

Apologies for the missing parts on the Cobra - it is in the process of getting restored.

Great pics, Ty, tells me exactly what I need to know. Next one of these I see is MINE! Thanks so much for posting the pics. B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...