Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Heres a couple of things I just got in....these new zip-ties actually have teeth, and function like the real deal!. They are from 1/24-1/12, and they also make them in white!.... and since Model Car Garage cant be bothered with making a PE set for Revells '70 Hemi 'cuda, I found this one from Hobby Design.....its absolutely awesome!!!

DSCF7179.JPG

DSCF7180.JPG

DSCF7182.JPG

DSCF7184.JPG

DSCF7185.JPG

DSCF7186.JPG

10 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The '66 Falcon arrived today; just as nice as it looked in the eBay photos. :) It'll stay as it is - too original to cut up.

Also in negotiations with a friend from my car club back in L.A. - he's thinning his toys out and there's one old kit I built once and would like to try again...

Cool find on the Falcon...glad your going to restore it.   I have the 60, 66, 69 I need to restore soon as I can...mine will be factory stock.

15 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

!.... and since Model Car Garage cant be bothered with making a PE set for Revells '70 Hemi 'cuda, 

Bob has been going through some very hard times with elder care and hasn't been able to put much time into the business. So it's not that he "Cant be bothered".  He has a few new items drawn up and hopes to get them out soon.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Bob has been going through some very hard times with elder care and hasn't been able to put much time into the business. So it's not that he "Cant be bothered".  He has a few new items drawn up and hopes to get them out soon.

Sorry, everyone, I shoulda used different words......I love Model Car Garage stuff!!!!, what I intended to say was, that the kit has been out a while now, so he's probably not going to make a PE set any time soon. I even talked to them a few years ago about this, so I apologise for my poor choice of words. MODEL CAR GARAGE STUFF IS OUTSTANDING!!!!

8 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

I want one of those Ford GTs bad, but they seem to be unobtainium!

I ordered mine from the UK. They just hit the EU distributors at the end of last week. I'm guessing they're on the way to the US distributors now. I wouldnt be surprised to see them start to become available next week.

1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

I ordered mine from the UK. They just hit the EU distributors at the end of last week. I'm guessing they're on the way to the US distributors now. I wouldnt be surprised to see them start to become available next week.

Thanks! I will wait impatiently.

15 hours ago, Howard Cohen said:

I picked up a few kits and promos today. Most of the kits are mint; one truck has a built chassis, nicely done; also one built Mustang. The promos are very nice, especially the Lark; the '66 is a T-Bird Friction :)  

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

Very nice finds...! I use to own a 70 Cutlass Sport and a 73 Hurst Olds Cutlass.

19 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

My "haul" from the C.A.R.S. in Miniature Christmas/Holiday party.  The 71 T'Bird was from the Santa Grab Bag and the rest from the raffle.  Of course, this now gets added to the stuff that needs to move to the new house.

DSCF1586.JPG.03c8834a078098aa56e6f15cc6edf52b.JPG

Great problem to have.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...