Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I bought my now second 1960 Chevrolet Nomad's This ones also a craftsmans kit.... The body/chassis are not as badly out of shape as they Appeared, Amd I already fixed those problems. First photo's are from ebay while the second ones are of it after I done some work on it.

s-l1600 (26).jpg

s-l1600 (27).jpg

s-l1600 (28).jpg

s-l1600 (29).jpg

s-l1600 (30).jpg

DSC03533.JPG

DSC03534.JPG

DSC03535.JPG

DSC03536.JPG

Edited by ranma

^^^ Nice! Checked the Deerfield HL yesterday for the '60 pickup, but none yet. Did get a heavy glass bowl to use with the vacuum pump - really hope this idea works and I can turn out some more rare parts.

Got the Charger 440 today from from eBay seller topgaskz - good seller with fast delivery.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Got another almost virgin first-issue AMT '36 Ford, really hoping to get at LEAST one good "artillery" wheel between two kits (I bought another one last week). Nope. That's close to $100 and no wheel that's usable to cast copies from. Anyway, the kit itself is complete, the other box is nicer, so I'll probably put the best bits in the best box and keep it intact as a "nostalgia" piece to take out and look at occasionally. I REALLY wanted a nice one, so I'm still reasonably happy.

s-l1600.jpg

Also got a little AMT 1980 Yotyto 4X4 snapper. I'm thinking of finding my '92 Silverado a good home and putting the bucks towards an early '80s Yoda 4X4, this was cheap, so I got one to help think about the decision.

image.jpeg.79bb6c798fcc67fc5fb0549531acbf0a.jpeg

And I've seen so many really great builds of big trucks over on the other end of the board, I've been picking up a few of my favorites. I haven't built any big trucks 'cause frankly, I know very little about them...other than I love the way old trucks look and sound. But there's so much knowledge available here, I figure I can learn. Funny thing is, I almost bought a pair of semi-derelict cab-over Freightliners back in 1980 or so, to build one from two, and get myself in the classic-car hauling business...but they wouldn't fit through the doors to the shop I had at the time. Sadly, they probably ended up scrapped. Anyway, these have joined the hoard. The SD was partially started, but not bad. Somewhere around here there's a conventional Pete snapper too...and I want the needlenose conversion.

image.jpeg.2fa1e942b491fe9f2daa2afeee5e22a3.jpeg   image.jpeg.c5044745f845859f6fec842b1220ee61.jpeg    image.jpeg.fb38ad59fa6bde15447adc9be1da8663.jpeg  image.jpeg.f5ae1c01d0c2b2bbed49e69e39522a79.jpeg

Bill, I took a look at an old builtup '36 I have plus a couple wheels from a junk chassis, and I found one wheel that had all the little holes properly molded. The outer rim has tire melt but I think I can cut out the center and combine it with a good rim to make a master. I have it in the purple pond right now to get the paint off; let's see what I can do with it. 

In the mail yesterday came an unexpected package...a modeling friend sent me a Gunze-Sangyo High Tech Ferrari 250 GTO kit, with engine, photo etch, unbuilt w/ some extra parts. Never seen one these kits before in person, pretty cool...kind of a late Christmas gift.  

IMG-0937.JPG

7 hours ago, HomerS said:

Like I need another project....I've never seen the window version of the Dodge van

Untouched except the tail lights are glued in

IMG_2570.JPG

Your lucky....  I have one of those from my dads old collection but it suffered storm damage and is in need of parts now...cant find the ether.    I have a passion for the 71-75 Dodge van kits owned a 75 Dodge factory custom van once...Id love to be able to make a replica of her someday.    Very cool find..!

This arrived in the mail today. Did some trading with a fellow modeler on Drastics Plastics forum, and got this AMT '63 Nova Wagon. It's one of those kits that I've been trying to find for a long time, but they always seem to go over my budget range on eBay. This one is not perfect, but a very good starting point for me. It's missing some small parts, but it has the most important ones and that's good for me. I think it will be factory stock as the kit is so complete and in good condition. I'm very happy to finally have this kit on my stash. And can't wait to start building!

P1217657-vi.jpg

P1217661-vi.jpg

15 hours ago, W-409 said:

This arrived in the mail today. Did some trading with a fellow modeler on Drastics Plastics forum, and got this AMT '63 Nova Wagon. It's one of those kits that I've been trying to find for a long time, but they always seem to go over my budget range on eBay. This one is not perfect, but a very good starting point for me. It's missing some small parts, but it has the most important ones and that's good for me. I think it will be factory stock as the kit is so complete and in good condition. I'm very happy to finally have this kit on my stash. And can't wait to start building!

P1217657-vi.jpg

P1217661-vi.jpg

Very nice...!  I have a huge passion for wagons of the 60s.  I have this one but its in need of a lot sadly.  Very cool score there..!

On 2019-01-20 at 8:05 PM, 64SS350 said:

Had a fun time as usual at the Sharon, PA model swap meet, despite the impending weather.

Picked up some modeling supplies, a nice set of aluminum wheels from Vince, and the following pics...

IMG_20190120_135402552_HDR.jpg

Who casts the Vista Cruiser? And do you happen to have more pics of it?

/Claes

13 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Very cool kit.  I think that trailer also came in an Olds F85 kit.  I still have the trailer.

Yep, it's a great kit that I've been searching for a long time. I'm very happy to finally have it on my shelf. The trailer was missing from my kit, but that's no problem. Maybe I'll score one on eBay some day.

18 minutes ago, disabled modeler said:

Very nice...!  I have a huge passion for wagons of the 60s.  I have this one but its in need of a lot sadly.  Very cool score there..!

Thanks, I like '60s Wagons as well. But even more I like the 1st gen Chevy II or Novas in different body styles. In fact I have a plan to build one of each body style (Hardtop, Convertible, 2D Sedan, 4D Sedan and Wagon) in stock condition. That will take some time though, and first I want to get my 1:1 '62 Two Door Sedan running and driving.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...