Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

12 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I just ordered this. It should be on a slow boat from China, at some point. I like the idea of having a seam scraper for round objects. It also has hex shaped openings in the middle area that they are call a "nut maker". I am guessing that they are to be used as a draw plate, to shape round stock. Has anybody tried one of these? It looks like it can be useful (the seam scraper has positive reviews).

Here's the user guide for your Nut Maker (stolen from Hobby Link Japan).  You're right, it's pretty much a "draw plate" - you heat up plastic rod and push it thru the right hole to get the right size of nut.  Some 1/35 scale armor kits include a metal template for doing this.  I'm lazy, so I just bought a bunch of nut/bolt sets from MENG.

nutmaker.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Here's the user guide for your Nut Maker (stolen from Hobby Link Japan).  You're right, it's pretty much a "draw plate" - you heat up plastic rod and push it thru the right hole to get the right size of nut.  Some 1/35 scale armor kits include a metal template for doing this.  I'm lazy, so I just bought a bunch of nut/bolt sets from MENG.

nutmaker.jpg

Hmmm...not sure I'd use it for any common sizes, because there's Plastruct hex rod. Maybe if I need an oddball size...maybe. It's the scraper for round bits, that really caught my eye! Thanks for posting these. I hadn't even thought to look for it.

On my porch. I've started thinning my airbrush collection and in the process of searching eBay to get an idea of value I came across this. It really piqued my interest. The Paasche (red handle in the case) is a model VLS. It uses screw on bottles. The two bottles to it's left are threaded. The handle on the chrome Paasche H is made of metal. It adds weight but it may also help balance it. The spare chrome handle is also metal. The Binks Wren is a model C, a bit more uncommon as the typical ones you see are model B. The red handled Paasche H is missing the air assembly and it has me a bit befuddled. I've never taken the air assembly off of one. I've looked for replacement parts. The old style is threaded to go into the airbrush. This H does not have a threaded hole. I'll be contacting Paasche to see if they can shed some light. The last piece, and the one I was interested in most, is the Paasche AU-70. I have found that it is missing the cup but I am going to try to adapt something that will work until I can locate one. This gun seems to have some potential. I'm curious to see how it sprays. I've been spending time cleaning them.  

ablot01.jpg

29 minutes ago, DPNM said:

On my porch. I've started thinning my airbrush collection and in the process of searching eBay to get an idea of value I came across this. It really piqued my interest. The Paasche (red handle in the case) is a model VLS. It uses screw on bottles. The two bottles to it's left are threaded. The handle on the chrome Paasche H is made of metal. It adds weight but it may also help balance it. The spare chrome handle is also metal. The Binks Wren is a model C, a bit more uncommon as the typical ones you see are model B. The red handled Paasche H is missing the air assembly and it has me a bit befuddled. I've never taken the air assembly off of one. I've looked for replacement parts. The old style is threaded to go into the airbrush. This H does not have a threaded hole. I'll be contacting Paasche to see if they can shed some light. The last piece, and the one I was interested in most, is the Paasche AU-70. I have found that it is missing the cup but I am going to try to adapt something that will work until I can locate one. This gun seems to have some potential. I'm curious to see how it sprays. I've been spending time cleaning them.  

ablot01.jpg

Does this help ??

yhst-172526971-2_2558_639072386.jpeg

Just won this on eBay a few minutes ago.  Saw it with 3 minutes left in the auction.  Nobody else had bid, got it for $10 + shipping.  Average price seems to be about $25, so I'm happy.  According to the box, these are modular, so several can be joined together to make a bigger display base.

In another thread, somebody was asking about making asphalt surfaces for displaying models.  So this might be one way to cheat a little on doing that.

Italeri road a.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

Does this help ??

yhst-172526971-2_2558_639072386.jpeg

It only helps if someone would know if part H128A has threads that screw into the body. Mine does not have a threaded hole. I've seen the old style, H175A, and it has threads. I sent an email to Paasche and I hope to get a response. Thank you though.

5 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Just won this on eBay a few minutes ago.  Saw it with 3 minutes left in the auction.  Nobody else had bid, got it for $10 + shipping.  Average price seems to be about $25, so I'm happy.  According to the box, these are modular, so several can be joined together to make a bigger display base.

In another thread, somebody was asking about making asphalt surfaces for displaying models.  So this might be one way to cheat a little on doing that.

Italeri road a.jpg

Nice score....

14 hours ago, DPNM said:

It only helps if someone would know if part H128A has threads that screw into the body. Mine does not have a threaded hole. I've seen the old style, H175A, and it has threads. I sent an email to Paasche and I hope to get a response. Thank you though.

The equivalent part on my Badger 350 was just press-fit into place and it would pop out every now and then. About the third time it happened I superglued it back in and haven't had a problem with it since. If you can't get a Paasche part, I wonder if the Badger part would work for you?

I received an email from Paasche. I was given the same  diagram that GeeBee posted along with the part numbers. I was told that both the new and old style valve assemblies are threaded. Hmmm, my shell (their term for the body) isn't threaded. I sent another email asking if they ever used press fit assemblies. Maybe I will hear back. Was able to tell mine is an older model. It has the stipple adjuster in front of the trigger.

Thinking about it,this airbrush may have been a factory defect that was not caught. The assembly may have blown apart, and much like model parts that go flying, the pieces couldn't be found so it was set aside.

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

The equivalent part on my Badger 350 was just press-fit into place and it would pop out every now and then. About the third time it happened I superglued it back in and haven't had a problem with it since. If you can't get a Paasche part, I wonder if the Badger part would work for you?

Thank you for the idea Snake. I have a knock-off Badger 150 I may see if I can make work. The trigger mating with the air valve of two different systems would seem to be the biggest hurdle as a preliminary thought.

Finally had a chance to order a Revell '68 Chevelle. It arrived, today. Now, I have to remember not to play with it and the '70, too long, and lose focus on the junior fueler.. I will, however, take a quick look to see how it will work with what I've done to the '70.

Edited by Straightliner59

4 hours ago, DPNM said:

Thank you for the idea Snake. I have a knock-off Badger 150 I may see if I can make work. The trigger mating with the air valve of two different systems would seem to be the biggest hurdle as a preliminary thought.

Biggest problem I've had with Chinese knock-offs of things is that they don't seem to use the same threading on anything as anyone else does. I can't remember ever screwing a Chinese part into a non-Chinese part, or vice versa, and having it fit. :unsure:

46 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Biggest problem I've had with Chinese knock-offs of things is that they don't seem to use the same threading on anything as anyone else does. I can't remember ever screwing a Chinese part into a non-Chinese part, or vice versa, and having it fit. :unsure:

The only threads would be for the hose. The knock off was a throw in with a lot of airbrushes that I purchased a good while ago. I'm going to ask Paasche if it would be possible for them to .put old style threads in it if I send it to them. The person I'm dealing with there still has a hard time understanding that there are no threads. He thinks that there is still part of the assembly in it. I don't think so. I took a couple pics I hope to send them. Here's one:

Hissue 001.jpg

3 minutes ago, kelson said:

These arrived today from Ebay,no idea when Canadian distributors will get any.IMG_0602.thumb.JPG.2dfc2affc6e887c7e226923509f6c36e.JPG

None ant Hobby Lobby or a slot marked for them. The entire isle in almost all Round2 kits. Really having bad feeling about the new Revell....

6 minutes ago, slusher said:

None ant Hobby Lobby or a slot marked for them. The entire isle in almost all Round2 kits. Really having bad feeling about the new Revell....

I think everybody snapped them up so quick!!,i'm sure another run will show up in the next month or so.:)

Went to  HL looking for the Go cart that comes with a chevy pickup. :) Not here yet or they were all gone. So I picked up another Foose Pickup. Then I stopped by Michaels and they had a Foose pickup also. Had, I am set on these now with 3 in the last month. Very good to see Michael's carrying new release kits. That was the only non snap new kit there but the shelves were not full at all.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...