Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got this in trade with Scott8950.

0217191539_Film3_zpsrj3pe6cf.jpg

0217191538c_Film3_zpsn2mzdlqg.jpg

This is an AMT annual 1965 Corvette Coupe. It's missing a few parts, but I have a deep parts box, and I have what I need to build it the way I want to. The body is pretty  clean, having never been sanded, nor cut. I'm going to leave it as a wire axle car. I gave it a little bath, and installed a set of good tires. I have to go to the parts department for the rest of the car. The paint on the interior is pretty good. originally I was going to go with a different interior color, but I like the red, so I am just going to detail it out. The body will painted a coordinating color to the interior, It will be a while before it is built, but I am happy with the transaction.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

8 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I had a feeling you might end up with that one, Ron. It could hardly be in better hands. B)

BTW, I have an extra set of '65 wheel covers if you need them. On Modelhaus's "Final Sale" day I ordred a set of '66 5-spokers, but they screwed up and sent me '65 6-spokers instead. 

Edited by Snake45

99 per cent of all kit boxes are inherently weak, and shipped to retailers from the factory / distributor in suitable packaging. It is when re sellers and retailers ship odd kits that the problems generally arise. We all have some idea of how parcels are handled either by post or courier and need to pack accordingly. It is not rocket science.

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

I’d be upset also. Hopefully nothing was ruined. Was it eBay?

Yes, got them for $28 each. Shipped in three individual very thin boxes ,with no packing material .

They offered 15% refund or return for full...but not worth sending back to UK if they are ok. I haven't opened them yet, waited until I heard back from the them

IMG_20190219_161612525.jpg

On 2/19/2019 at 1:38 AM, Ron Hamilton said:

0217191538c_Film3_zpsn2mzdlqg.jpg

This is an AMT annual 1965 Corvette Coupe. It's missing a few parts, but I have a deep parts box, and I have what I need to build it the way I want to. The body is pretty  clean, having never been sanded, nor cut. I'm going to leave it as a wire axle car. I gave it a little bath, and installed a set of good tires. I have to go to the parts department for the rest of the car. The paint on the interior is pretty good. originally I was going to go with a different interior color, but I like the red, so I am just going to detail it out. The body will painted a coordinating color to the interior, It will be a while before it is built, but I am happy with the transaction.

I'm glad you got it Ron. I had made a deal with him and he backed out after he found out it cost extra to ship to Canada. <_<

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...