Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This past Saturday I went to a local IPMS show and picked up 4 kits- a Heller Porsche 917( the Martini livery, same as the Testor re-box,), a Monogram Lola Indy car, the Revell re-box of the Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport, and an Entex Ferrari 312T3 (which, on the box says 1/25th scale and on the decal sheet says 1/28th scale!) along with some decals. If you haven't ever gone to an IPMS show, try it. Sometimes you can find some real deals as the vendors don't always know what they have.

Edited by ZTony8

Monogram Porsche 904.  Don't know why, had to get one.  Seen a few auction for higher than I wanted to pay on eBay, this vendor had a price that was not ridiculous.  After I ordered it, they messaged me to say the rear window was missing, I said knock $10 off, they did, I'm happy.  Think I can make a back window.  :rolleyes:  I see a tire had melted a little into the roof (knife pointing to the spot), vendor had rebadged parts.

IMG_9708_Fotor.jpg

21 hours ago, Snake45 said:

This is the Reviews section, so let's see some REVIEWS of them. Especially that Morgan. 

I hate to be nit-picky, but this is the "What Did You Get Today?" section.  The "Car Kit News & Reviews" section is...over there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

I hate to be nit-picky, but this is the "What Did You Get Today?" section.  The "Car Kit News & Reviews" section is...over there somewhere.

There's always someone late to the party. (Mike, he originally posted this in the Reviews section. The mods moved it.) 

Tonight was our local monthly model car club meeting. So I picked another three kits for my collection. Round 2's reissue of the AMT 1/32 scale '60 Thunderbird. Their reissue of the AMT 1/25 scale '69 Chevelle sport coupe. And an old Revell kit of Jungle Jim's Monza funny car, with Jungle Jim and Jungle Pam figures. 

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3362.JPG

Scale Auto magazine had an article about the Mecom Scarab. I went on E-Bay but couldn't find one for the price I wanted.  But I did find a Monogram Chaparral 2D. It cost a bit more than I am used to paying, but the 2D has always been a favorite.

I have built other Monogram curbsides in the past and found them quite satisfactory for what they are. i look forward to getting started on this project once it arrives.

chaparral.thumb.jpg.d9f71757fdeae6a55b4d21061cf4c25b.jpg

45 minutes ago, Lizard Racing said:

Scale Auto magazine had an article about the Mecom Scarab. I went on E-Bay but couldn't find one for the price I wanted.  But I did find a Monogram Chaparral 2D. It cost a bit more than I am used to paying, but the 2D has always been a favorite.

I have both of them, and my intention is to build them both OOB with the plastic polished. The panel lines on these will be a challenge due to their width, especially on the Chaparral, but I'll figger it out. B)

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

This just arrived. Tail lights for the 62 Lincoln I have. If I knew how to do resin. I would make duplicates for others in need of them.

3A25FDAF-E69A-4EF8-A670-31CC82CD4C47.jpeg

Looks like somebody needs a big swim in the Purple Pond! B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...