Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, disabled modeler said:

Nice Scott...!  I have the 67? and 69 factory stock ones from my dads old collection I have been wanting to restore/repair once i find what they need.

i think i can get most of the parts i need from the stocker. i love those old falcons.

22 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

about an hour in super clean

20190401_223922.jpg

Congrats! Glad to see you finally got one! Good luck with it! B)

Meanwhile, back at the Snakepit....

Bought a ’65 Chevelle AWB “junkyard” off ePay last week. (Hat tip to ChrisBCritter for the headsup! B)) Judging from the price, several wanted it bad; I wanted it more. The ‘yard included two bodies (glass installed), an extra set of glass, one interior more or less complete, one pristine bare chassis, parts of another chassis and interior (but no suspension for either), two grilles and front bumpers, two rear bumpers, two hoods, and one set of four original wheels. No engines/transmissions though I think I saw at least one header in the included baggie. And two almost complete decal sheets!

The GOOD news is that both bodies seem to have usable Malibu SS scripts on the rear quarters, and usable Malibu rear panels. And all four taillights are present. The BAD news is that both bodies are kinda roached in the A-pillar area. The red one actually looks like it was gnawed on by a rodent of some kind. The cowl vent panel’s also screwed on one. The bodies will be taking a swim in Lake Purple, and then I’ll see how to go about fixing them. I think one can be fixed as-is, but the other will require some organ donation in the A-pillar and cowl vent area from a common Revell kit.

I already have two more of these in the Snakepit Salvage Yard—remnants of the one I built back in 1967, and another body in only a little better condition than these two, but with a roached rear panel. I don’t think between the four that I have one complete set of kit parts, but I can probably piece together a chassis from a Rat Packer Nova. My goal is to try to restore my ’67-built original, more or less, as a survivor, and then try to get another one together, close to box stock, but built much better than my old one. The other two bodies will be put to good use as well.

65ChevelleAWBs02.jpg.fe3e9b7e8add16d125be522bcbf19aae.jpg

65ChevelleAWBs07.jpg.21d70c3af67adc55cf9fc79ce36e5ccb.jpg

15 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Congrats! Glad to see you finally got one! Good luck with it! B)

Meanwhile, back at the Snakepit....

Bought a ’65 Chevelle AWB “junkyard” off ePay last week. (Hat tip to ChrisBCritter for the headsup! B)) Judging from the price, several wanted it bad; I wanted it more. The ‘yard included two bodies (glass installed), an extra set of glass, one interior more or less complete, one pristine bare chassis, parts of another chassis and interior (but no suspension for either), two grilles and front bumpers, two rear bumpers, two hoods, and one set of four original wheels. No engines/transmissions though I think I saw at least one header in the included baggie. And two almost complete decal sheets!

The GOOD news is that both bodies seem to have usable Malibu SS scripts on the rear quarters, and usable Malibu rear panels. And all four taillights are present. The BAD news is that both bodies are kinda roached in the A-pillar area. The red one actually looks like it was gnawed on by a rodent of some kind. The cowl vent panel’s also screwed on one. The bodies will be taking a swim in Lake Purple, and then I’ll see how to go about fixing them. I think one can be fixed as-is, but the other will require some organ donation in the A-pillar and cowl vent area from a common Revell kit.

I already have two more of these in the Snakepit Salvage Yard—remnants of the one I built back in 1967, and another body in only a little better condition than these two, but with a roached rear panel. I don’t think between the four that I have one complete set of kit parts, but I can probably piece together a chassis from a Rat Packer Nova. My goal is to try to restore my ’67-built original, more or less, as a survivor, and then try to get another one together, close to box stock, but built much better than my old one. The other two bodies will be put to good use as well.

65ChevelleAWBs02.jpg.fe3e9b7e8add16d125be522bcbf19aae.jpg

65ChevelleAWBs07.jpg.21d70c3af67adc55cf9fc79ce36e5ccb.jpg

thanks snake... i got it from a board member. can't wait to see what you have in mind for the chevelle

22 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

i think i can get most of the parts i need from the stocker. i love those old falcons.

Some of the stuff mine needs might be able to as well but not everything sadly.   I have all the cars they turned into stockers that need parts....Falcons,66 Impala HT,65 Olds 88 HT,66 Buick Skylarks from my dad sold collection.    I have always liked the little Falcons too we once owned a few of them over the years in our family.

3 minutes ago, disabled modeler said:

Some of the stuff mine needs might be able to as well but not everything sadly.   I have all the cars they turned into stockers that need parts....Falcons,66 Impala HT,65 Olds 88 HT,66 Buick Skylarks from my dad sold collection.    I have always liked the little Falcons too we once owned a few of them over the years in our family.

i have everything except for a hood and grill. i like them also, im gonna have to locate a 1st gen falcon next ?

On 4/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, Scott8950 said:

It finally arrived today..

I got this from Sam i am. 

im very happy to finally get a 3rd gen falcon..

47473003171_7d38f97a93_c (1).jpg

47420080532_2e190a849e_c (1).jpg

I happen to like the late 60's Ford Falcons myself. Looks like you have a decent 68 body. The pillars can be made from styrene strip. I was fortunate that I was able to piece mine together for future projects. Mine only lack engines, which were incorrect in the kits anyway. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I happen to like the late 60's Ford Falcons myself. Looks like you have a decent 68 body. The pillars can be made from styrene strip. I was fortunate that I was able to piece mine together for future projects. Mine only lack engines, which were incorrect in the kits anyway. Good luck.

i have the engine that came with it if you can use it I'll gladly send it to you. i am building a drag car so i wont be using it. let me know and I'll send you a picture of the engine.

Edited by Scott8950

The '65 El Camino got here - neatly done old build; one taillight bezel slightly chipped but fixable. :) Casting time!

By the way, anyone else notice how AMT goofed up the hood on this kit and the '65 wagon? It should be flat across the top where it meets the cowl, but the center section is raised up. I suppose I should tackle this, if Snake hasn't done it already... ;)

P.S. to Kit Basher - the Opel GT wheels still haven't arrived yet.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I received a ICM Model T kit in the mail from a seller in the Ukraine. He included a little bag of goodies including some Ukrainian candy and a 1 hyrvnia bank note which I understand is worth about three cents. But it was fun and the candy is good :)

Edited by jaxenro
spelling

On 4/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, Scott8950 said:

i have the engine that came with it if you can use it I'll gladly send it to you. i am building a drag car so i wont be using it. let me know and I'll send you a picture of the engine.

I appreciate the gesture. I am " stealing" 289s from the AMT 67 Mustangs for the 66, 67, and 69 Falcons I am restoring. The 66 was a promo, while the 67 and 69 were cars I pieced together from several purchases and gifts of parts. Thank you for the offer, but I am fine.

16 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I appreciate the gesture. I am " stealing" 289s from the AMT 67 Mustangs for the 66, 67, and 69 Falcons I am restoring. The 66 was a promo, while the 67 and 69 were cars I pieced together from several purchases and gifts of parts. Thank you for the offer, but I am fine.

no problem i completely understand because im doing the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I appreciate our relationship. I haven't been working on anything lately.

i appreciate everyone of you guys that I've had dealings with. i have been working on my 54 chevy gasser but not as much as id like.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...