Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

10 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Maybe you are old enough to finish it. I would be thrilled to see it done. I know I need to build mine as well. Maybe a double build will help motivate both of us? ? After all, I am a big boy now too. ?

Ha!  You are on!   It took frickin 45 years but we will succeed!   :D

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Looks like an excellent candidate for our Bring Out Your Dead/GITTER DONE builds, Tom! B)

Okay,  I'll do it.  Funny thing... I had just photographed another model that's currently on my work bench for your build.  Guess I could do them both!

52 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Okay,  I'll do it.  Funny thing... I had just photographed another model that's currently on my work bench for your build.  Guess I could do them both!

Round 3 ends June 30--about 6 weeks. You can hold one for Round 4 (assuming we have one, which I think we will) if you want. B)

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Round 3 ends June 30--about 6 weeks. You can hold one for Round 4 (assuming we have one, which I think we will) if you want. B)

Thanks!  I've been searching for the thread to post a picture of what I'm currently working on.  I will save the Nomad for next round... not like anything is going to go bad since it's been sitting a quarter century!

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Ha!  You are on!   It took frickin 45 years but we will succeed!   :D

3 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Thanks!  I've been searching for the thread to post a picture of what I'm currently working on.  I will save the Nomad for next round... not like anything is going to go bad since it's been sitting a quarter century!

Ok, but my 57 Nomad has not been started yet. I found the rest of them in a bunch of models I bought years ago. The 56, and one of the 55's, and one of the 57 hard tops has been started.  I could go with one of them, or I could start the Nomad. What do you think Tom?

Just now, Sam I Am said:

Ok, but my 57 Nomad has not been started yet. I found the rest of them in a bunch of models I bought years ago. The 56, and one of the 55's, and one of the 57 hard tops has been started.  I could go with one of them, or I could start the Nomad. What do you think Tom?

What ever you'd like!   As long as we are finishing something! Snake has convinced me to wait until the next "Bring Out Your Dead" round since I have one about to be entered into the current round.

That is July 1st? I really like the looks of what the previous builder was doing with the 56. I will go with that one. Hopefully the windows fit. ?

Warning, my oldest son is getting married in September, so things might get in the way. ??

On 2019-05-12 at 11:57 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

One heck of a friend you got there! If you need taillights for the '62 Imperial, besides the AMT and Revell kits, the AMT '63 Buick Electra had them as custom parts - might be easier to find someone selling off all the Buick's custom bits.

Happened to see this comment and many thanks! I have an ailing 62 Imperial and happened to have a bag of 63 Buick custom parts not knowing the taillights were there. Thanks!

/Claes

I figured it was about time to get me some Jo-Han kits. It was my 50th birthday some days ago, but some presents you'll just have to give to yourself. :rolleyes:

IMG_8676.thumb.jpg.7424b54bd9d53e4ed87918bbbc5101f5.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg.578420ee84310d0ca8b3f0c6fd95c2ec.jpg

The Javelin is an opened but complete and non-built kit which I managed to get on eBay Germany. The Superbird is mint and boxed with foil, that one came from the States... 

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

I figured it was about time to get me some Jo-Han kits. It was my 50th birthday some days ago, but some presents you'll just have to give to yourself. :rolleyes:

IMG_8676.thumb.jpg.7424b54bd9d53e4ed87918bbbc5101f5.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg.578420ee84310d0ca8b3f0c6fd95c2ec.jpg

The Javelin is an opened but complete and non-built kit which I managed to get on eBay Germany. The Superbird is mint and boxed with foil, that one came from the States... 

Very nice finds.

Got a nearly-complete NOS '62 Fairlane V8 today:

5cdc8c767436b_62fairlaneengine.jpg.64c85da83d98fc2ccf26b48ff15624de.jpg

That'll replace the glue blob in mine; it was also missing the fan and belt and had the wrong valve covers. The air cleaner was the only thing that was OK, now I just have to carve the rest of the old engine out from under it :wacko:.

11 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

I picked up this rebuilder 67 Falcon last night from a local guy for a good price. Now to find bumpers and taillights and, possibly a stock grille. Any leads?

http://IMG_20190516_071218335.jpg

http://IMG_20190516_071234619.jpg

http://IMG_20190516_071312436.jpg

http://IMG_20190516_071326022.jpg

http://IMG_20190516_071350127.jpg

http://IMG_20190516_071406645_HDR.jpg

Later-

the falcon stocker has your grill/bumpersn as far as taillights a 63/64 galaxie should be close or possibly a 64 fairlane. or we could just do some trading and I'll take it off your hands ?

Edited by Scott8950

Been on my LHS's wait list for a few months, waiting for them to get more of the Revell '68 Chevelles.

Got a call yesterday that they finally came in, so I picked mine up at lunchtime.?

Had quite a few on the shelf, too.  Not sure how long they'll last though (their original batch sold out almost immediately).

8 hours ago, cobraman said:

I got the Revell Porsche tractor kit. Something different to build . And no, I won’t build it as as Shelby tractor . :D can’t get pic to load for some reason 

Well, Here then via i got the same kit to...

IMG_20190510_144804.thumb.jpg.dc215f2563207c3114d3f6ac959e4524.jpg

I bought a bunch of Accurate Miniatures Corvettes a couple years back with knocked-down boxes and no PE or decals. Really really cheap, some for parts, some to build. I recently came across a few sets of the PE parts sold separately, so I stocked up on enough to do the cars I'd like to have in the historic racing collection.

s-l1600.jpg

Also got a Y-block out of the old 1/16 AMT '57 Thunderbird. Don't know yet what it'll go in, but I'm slowly getting a few 1/16 kits, gluebombs, and parts together.

s-l1600.jpg

41 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I bought a bunch of Accurate Miniatures Corvettes a couple years back with knocked-down boxes and no PE or decals. Really really cheap, some for parts, some to build. I recently came across a few sets of the PE parts sold separately, so I stocked up on enough to do the cars I'd like to have in the historic racing collection.

s-l1600.jpg

Also got a Y-block out of the old 1/16 AMT '57 Thunderbird. Don't know yet what it'll go in, but I'm slowly getting a few 1/16 kits, gluebombs, and parts together.

s-l1600.jpg

Where did you get the PE sets? I have a need for one also.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...