Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, oldnslow said:

received a parts builder Boss A Bone , another builder 28 Ford sedan , a 25 T and a California Classics 55 Chevy from a buy on ebay .s-l1600.jpg

That's a sweet haul, even if just for the boxes! 

Finally able to splurge on my first airbrush and compressor. Did a lot of research and the Paasche H easily came out on top. The compressor was a lot harder to choose other than it had to be fairly quiet and have a tank. There were three that I had it narrowed down to and the Master TC-20T was the one I very narrowly chose, mainly because it came with the Paasche H for only $165. I can't wait to get started and hope I can pick it well and do ok. Can't upload any pics, keep getting error, :(:angry::angry:.

53 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Finally able to splurge on my first airbrush and compressor. Did a lot of research and the Paasche H easily came out on top.

You won't be disappointed! My first airbrush was an Iwata Eclipse and although it works great it is a pain to keep clean. The H is my second airbrush and I have not touched the Iwata since getting it.

6 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Finally able to splurge on my first airbrush and compressor. Did a lot of research and the Paasche H easily came out on top. 

You did good. The Badger 350 and Paasche H are at the top of my list for car modelers. Most of us will never need anything fancier. B)

Picked these up awhile back but forgot to post. They are all original screw mount. I will be posting a wants list for parts to restore some of them.

1961 Buick Invicta, 1961 Chevy Impala, 1960 Buick Invicta Conv. 1962 Buick Electra Conv. 1961 Ranchero, 1960 ElCamino, 1962 Buick Special Wgn with trailer, 1961 Mercury Monterey, 1960 Corvair ?  Also AMT 1940 Coupe and a Hubley Renault Dauphine

20190511_201105.jpg

20190511_201115.jpg

20190511_201132.jpg

20190513_170202.jpg

20190513_170219.jpg

20190513_170534.jpg

20190513_170550.jpg

20190513_170832.jpg

20190513_170842.jpg

20190513_171222.jpg

20190513_171240.jpg

20190513_171451.jpg

20190513_171501.jpg

20190513_171508.jpg

Nice finds! I like the Buick convertible with the up top! I have one awaiting restoration. I also have some Daulphenes, yours is one of the better ones that came with an interior. I watched one like that sell for $40 plus $10 postage on eBay this week.

And the Corvair with the custom parts is neat!  Restore it that way!

Edited by Tom Geiger

39 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Yesterday I got this 3 Corvette Kit. And all 12 cans of duplicolor paints for less than 50 cents each. They rattle and have never been opened. Hopefully they will spray ok.

image2.jpeg

Best part of that Vette set is the '57. The stock body hasn't been seen in a LOOOONG time (this might have been the last issue), just the wretched backbirth flip-front version. 

18 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Best part of that Vette set is the '57. The stock body hasn't been seen in a LOOOONG time (this might have been the last issue), just the wretched backbirth flip-front version. 

There was a later issue, 5-Vette set that also included the MPC '57.  It was out around the time the new-tool AMT '57 first appeared.  I'm thinking RC/Ertl also issued a two-car ('57/'97) Vette kit set, but for some reason the two-car set included the newer AMT '57.

At the LMMCC meeting last night I picked up a started AMT '58 Impala to be a donor for the Flintstone sedan delivery, and a pair of what appear to be those elusive custom wire wheel covers from the AMT '64 Fairlane (Thanks Steve G.). Also got a set of '36 Ford wheel spiders cast up for me by Tom Piagari from my mold (he has a pressure pot - I don't; thanks greatly!) and a set of Caddy Sabre wheels from Tom Geiger (again, thanks greatly!).

Attended the 21st annual NNL North show today, and I just want to extend a giant "Thank You" to those who attended and saw fit to award my '67 Ford Galaxie XL with one of the Top 10 "Peoples Choice" awards.

I am very humbled.

I also need to give a big thank you to the great guys from the Winnipeg Model Car Club, who gave the Galaxie their coveted "Best Road Car" trophy.

What a huge surprise and a humbling event!

Met a few old friends and made a couple of new ones.

It's always great fun and I look forward to returning again next year.

Over 400 vehicles displayed this year!

What a great turn out!

Thanks everyone!!

Steve

2v2EiGGF8xwUbWP.jpg

2v2EiGGhMxwUbWP.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...