Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Attended the 21st annual NNL North show today, and I just want to extend a giant "Thank You" to those who attended and saw fit to award my '67 Ford Galaxie XL with one of the Top 10 "Peoples Choice" awards.

I am very humbled.

I also need to give a big thank you to the great guys from the Winnipeg Model Car Club, who gave the Galaxie their coveted "Best Road Car" trophy.

What a huge surprise and a humbling event!

Met a few old friends and made a couple of new ones.

It's always great fun and I look forward to returning again next year.

Over 400 vehicles displayed this year!

What a great turn out!

Thanks everyone!!

Steve

2v2EiGGF8xwUbWP.jpg

2v2EiGGhMxwUbWP.jpg

Congratulations Steve!

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Attended the 21st annual NNL North show today, and I just want to extend a giant "Thank You" to those who attended and saw fit to award my '67 Ford Galaxie XL with one of the Top 10 "Peoples Choice" awards.

I am very humbled.

I also need to give a big thank you to the great guys from the Winnipeg Model Car Club, who gave the Galaxie their coveted "Best Road Car" trophy.

What a huge surprise and a humbling event!

Met a few old friends and made a couple of new ones.

It's always great fun and I look forward to returning again next year.

Over 400 vehicles displayed this year!

What a great turn out!

Thanks everyone!!

Steve

2v2EiGGF8xwUbWP.jpg

2v2EiGGhMxwUbWP.jpg

I'm not surprise. That Galaxie and your four '60 Mopars are all beautiful cars. Great job. It was good to see you and your wife at the show again. It was also fun to finally meet MoparFarmer and a see other old and new friends. A great show, great models, and great guys and gals. I always love the NNL North shows. And I'm always impressed and enjoy see your models in the flesh. Wow! 

Edited by unclescott58

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

An old friend who decided he'd probably never get around to building his 1/8 Jag figgered I'd like to have it. Now I do. 100% complete...

Image result for Monogram 1/8 Jaguar

Sweeeet! I have one of these as an old built up that I plan on getting to...one of these days. 

I have all kinds of stuff on the way, now! Moebius Dyno Don Comet, I won an auction for a Johan Pinto Funny Car (under $50, shipping included!), carbon gouging rods (for a resistance soldering probe I am going to build), and a right angle mounting base for my Sherline rotary table.

21 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

An old friend who decided he'd probably never get around to building his 1/8 Jag figgered I'd like to have it. Now I do. 100% complete...

Image result for Monogram 1/8 Jaguar

I got the same one .... and will never build it just not my cup of tea !

13 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Got the new Mobius 66 Ford pickup, looks really nice. I'm thinking about kitbashing it with the Foose 56 to go with the Foose truck I built a while back. Any thoughts(good or bad idea)on that kitbash?

Should work...I'm doing something similar, only with an AMT '63 that has been converted to a short wheelbase (but still a Unibody wide bed).

26 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Got the new Mobius 66 Ford pickup, looks really nice. I'm thinking about kitbashing it with the Foose 56 to go with the Foose truck I built a while back. Any thoughts(good or bad idea)on that kitbash?

Sounds like a great idea to me! Would love to see it.

Later-

11 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Very cool and neat idea...

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Very cool and neat idea...

Thanks Mark, Tom, and Carl for the comments. I'm still kickin' it around. Not sure how far I want to go with it. I'm wondering if I should use the Foose frame/suspension/engine, or try to lower the Mobius suspension a little and adapt it to the Foose engine. I don't think the Foose  rear wheels/tires will fit inside the Mobius fenders, so I might have to try switching boxes, or using front tires on the rear and rear tires on the front. Guess I'll play with it and see what works.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...