Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

12 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Rich, it deserves at least a test fit. When I built the Foose pickup, the whole time I was scheming which other bodies would fit over it. What won? I shortened it and stuffed it under a Datsun pickup!

A8AB372E-E410-498C-8818-D2BD49DD4D82.thumb.jpeg.53b69d57fab5fe3f2ac0c16d5d7c2667.jpeg

Now that's something completely different, I haven't reached that level of insanity(or skill) yet LOL. I just think a 66 version will look cool next to the 56, and that Foose kit is one of my all time favorites.

That diorama is amazing!

1 hour ago, RichCostello said:

Thanks Mark, Tom, and Carl for the comments. I'm still kickin' it around. Not sure how far I want to go with it. I'm wondering if I should use the Foose frame/suspension/engine, or try to lower the Mobius suspension a little and adapt it to the Foose engine. I don't think the Foose  rear wheels/tires will fit inside the Mobius fenders, so I might have to try switching boxes, or using front tires on the rear and rear tires on the front. Guess I'll play with it and see what works.

Use the entire chassis, and adapt it to the '66 floor.  The Foose unit is an up-to-date aftermarket frame, with a modern crate engine.

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

Use the entire chassis, and adapt it to the '66 floor.  The Foose unit is an up-to-date aftermarket frame, with a modern crate engine.

That's kind of the way I'm leaning. That looks like the easiest(and best)way to go. That should make using the Foose bed/fenders a good fit too.

5 hours ago, RichCostello said:

That's kind of the way I'm leaning. That looks like the easiest(and best)way to go. That should make using the Foose bed/fenders a good fit too.

I was told the 69 Ford truck just about drops right on that chassis so it should fit just fine.  Great idea by the way. 

On 24/04/2019 at 9:43 PM, landman said:

Two figures, one intake and one set of valve covers - All from Shapeways.

IMG_8909.jpg

Two excellent Shapeways figures that you have there, Pat....... and here is my ' What did you get today? ' item..... 1:24 scale 1958 Morris Minor Traveller diecast by Hachette.

David

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Two excellent Shapeways figures that you have there, Pat....... and here is my ' What did you get today? ' item..... 1:24 scale 1958 Morris Minor Traveller diecast by Hachette.

David

s-l1600.jpg

There was one of those not far from where I lived in the mid to late eighties. It was some kind of powder blue.

I got a very pleasant surprise the other day. In the mail I received a Proshop GTO Convertible in the mail from Slusher (Carl). I want to thank him for that wonderful act of kindness. That was so Kind of him. Thank you Carl. 

image4.jpeg

Stuff that's come in over the last couple of days. The copper clad carbon gouging rods are for the resistance soldering probe I am going to build. The soldering gun is also for a resistance soldering experiment (That's why I cut the tip). Got the Pinto for just under $50, including shipping, which is pretty good for a Johan kit, at this point. Thanks to whomever gave us the heads-up on this set of tweezers. These are very nice, and they are inexpensive! AND they got here in two days! They come in a cloth pouch, but, I tossed that! The steel plate is a vertical mount for my mill's rotary table. I have ordered aluminum plate to make the upright support. Between that support and the soldering probe, I am excited to try my hand at fabrication.

DSC_0003.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Attended the 21st annual NNL North show today, and I just want to extend a giant "Thank You" to those who attended and saw fit to award my '67 Ford Galaxie XL with one of the Top 10 "Peoples Choice" awards.

I am very humbled.

I also need to give a big thank you to the great guys from the Winnipeg Model Car Club, who gave the Galaxie their coveted "Best Road Car" trophy.

What a huge surprise and a humbling event!

Met a few old friends and made a couple of new ones.

It's always great fun and I look forward to returning again next year.

Over 400 vehicles displayed this year!

What a great turn out!

Thanks everyone!!

Steve

2v2EiGGF8xwUbWP.jpg

2v2EiGGhMxwUbWP.jpg

Kudos to you Steve. The Awards are well deserved!

Today I received 2 packages in the mail.

The first was from fellow forum member Dan Carlson, (garagepunk66) and consisted of some very nice resin cast and kit parts to help dress up the wedge engine in my '65 Fury build.

His generosity is greatly appreciated!!

The second package was from Fireball Modelworks and consisted of a couple of sets of AFB Carters for the Plymouth, a pair of Rochester Quadrajets, and 2 sets of door handles.

I still can't quite comprehend the level of detail that Joseph managed with these resin carbs!

Unbelievable!!

The guy is a genius!!

Steve

2v2EDsvSFxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EDsvCLxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EDsvGnxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EDsvdyxwUbWP.jpg

23 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

The second package was from Fireball Modelworks and consisted of a couple of sets of AFB Carters for the Plymouth, a pair of Rochester Quadrajets, and 2 sets of door handles.

I still can't quite comprehend the level of detail that Joseph managed with these resin carbs!

Unbelievable!!

The guy is a genius!!

Once you've seen Joseph's stuff, you want to order everything he has! Absolutely gorgeous work!

I got a partly painted, partly built Monogram 1932 Cadillac V-16 Phaeton kit on the floor of an antique collective store for all of $5.00.  It is a car/era I've never been interested in before and for $5 what the heck.  I'm 98% sure its complete.  Now I've got to go back and learn disassembly, some paint stripping is called for. 

Edited by The Junkman

8 hours ago, mk11 said:

T'was a nice surprise to find a pile all together like this :P 

Them there furrin' cars deserve someone with more interest in them than I have, so they'll probably be moving on...

mike

Nice score.

I'd be interested in a couple of photos of the GT-R ( third from the bottom on the left).

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...