Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

19 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Not sure what makes it "commercial."  It's basically a roadster with a "mother-in-law seat" on the back. 

icm_com-t.jpg

Obviously for hauling a load then.....LOL:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist....somebody SMACK me!!

Later-

On 6/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, Rob Hall said:

Got the Moebius '65 Ford F100 w/ service body and the Revell '57 Ford Tudor gasser today.

Here are some pics of the service body parts... there also two outer tailgate beds, parts from future fleet side releases.   And it has a V8 but there are some 6 cyl parts from the other releases.

2v2ESKKBMxEMg7.jpg

2v2ESKKtoxEMg7.jpg

That bed looks great.

Scored an unbuilt JoHan '69 SC/Rambler on ePay for $35--lowest price I've seen on any unbuilt JoHan kit for quite a while, and at least $10 less than the next cheapest copy of this kit on the Bay today, which was the later Testor "Pro Street" version. The one I bought is missing instructions, but has the original box and decals. (And it's molded in black, which I don't think I've seen before.) 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Scored an unbuilt JoHan '69 SC/Rambler on ePay for $35--lowest price I've seen on any unbuilt JoHan kit for quite a while, and at least $10 less than the next cheapest copy of this kit on the Bay today, which was the later Testor "Pro Street" version. The one I bought is missing instructions, but has the original box and decals. (And it's molded in black, which I don't think I've seen before.) 

Great buy snake

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I picked up an unbuilt Johan Pinto FC a few weeks back. With shipping I paid $45. If I have available funds, I'll pick up just about any Johan kit I can get, for under $50, but, you are correct, sir--those babies are getting more and more rare.

12 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Great buy snake

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I picked up an unbuilt Johan Pinto FC a few weeks back. With shipping I paid $45. If I have available funds, I'll pick up just about any Johan kit I can get, for under $50, but, you are correct, sir--those babies are getting more and more rare.

Yeah, it was sitting there at $35 Buy It Now. I watch-listed it and sat on it all day, then noticed that there were 14 other people "watching" it, so decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. No telling when I'll find another at that price. 

Got this '64 Corvair off the Bay. The plan is to use the high-zoot custom parts from the '62 I got from SamIAm, and restore that one as stock(-ish) since its body is in better shape. 

Notice the six holes drilled in the upper surfaces of the front and rear fenders. I can't even imagine what those are for. Did someone have this thing hanging from a hobby shop ceiling, like a model airplane? :wacko::blink:

64Corvair03.jpg.18d9beb9c8104f6d06ad51951957cb5e.jpg

64Corvair07.jpg.a828527f6069f5162fe3af42af305052.jpg

64Corvair08.jpg.fbd2fdf1e8976b88a7cd6142668c6c24.jpg

Rob and Chris, thanks for the insight on the holes. Now that you mention it, they ARE very clean, as if they were put there to start with. 

Here's my other big Bay score of the week: Original annual AMT '70 Camaro, which is desirable because it has the non-RS front end--very rare these days. All the stock parts seem to be here, either on the model or in the box, and the original instructions and most of the original box are nice extras. Glass wasn't glued in, either, another bonus.  Looking forward to bringing this one back from the dead. B)

70CamaroB03.jpg.c770e284e720e47c92c4c4ca639872b6.jpg

70CamaroB05.jpg.5f20698dd7f761b9a18ce9587fde9146.jpg

Been nail-biting on these for the last several days. Remember the cobbled-together '59 Plymouth Fury (with the '60 DeSoto interior) I got last week?

Wellll...

5d0ed02f23e1e_59plymouthint1.thumb.jpg.6925cb840cf0bb2dfeee7282a1055cd6.jpg

5d0ed029b8a42_59plymouthdash1.jpg.e7a60b16f75cbb2260d8be00989e67db.jpg

Correct '59 Plymouth dash, interior and steering wheel, and luckily I was the only bidder (there were several watchers). And yes, it all cost more than the car did... <_<, but now this Fury becomes an official Project™.

P.S. Anyone have use for a '60 DeSoto interior? ;)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On 5/11/2019 at 10:53 PM, Sledsel said:

Back on April 5th I posted some pics of some kits a friend found in his barn. Well he found some more and again gave them to me. I offered to buy them but he said just take them. Most missing pieces were in the box they were in. For now, they are getting cleaned, loose pieces bagged and marked, and they will be displayed as-is. I'll rebuild them later... maybe.

IMG_20190511_231559.jpg

IMG_20190511_231607.jpg

IMG_20190511_231642.jpg

IMG_20190511_231701.jpg

IMG_20190511_231721.jpg

IMG_20190511_231755.jpg

IMG_20190511_231813.jpg

Wow, nice friend and really nice gift also.

Re the '59 Fury: Dismantled it last night and... total gluebomb underneath :huh:. Got the interior out to find a ton of cement was used on the glass; after an evening of grind grind grind etc. managed to salvage the windshield, but the rear window was already broken and glued along the C-pillar on the driver's side. Hope Okey has a replacement... Stripped off all the old BMF and sank it in the purple pond.

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Rob and Chris, thanks for the insight on the holes. Now that you mention it, they ARE very clean, as if they were put there to start with. 

Here's my other big Bay score of the week: Original annual AMT '70 Camaro, which is desirable because it has the non-RS front end--very rare these days. All the stock parts seem to be here, either on the model or in the box, and the original instructions and most of the original box are nice extras. Glass wasn't glued in, either, another bonus.  Looking forward to bringing this one back from the dead. B)

70CamaroB03.jpg.c770e284e720e47c92c4c4ca639872b6.jpg

70CamaroB05.jpg.5f20698dd7f761b9a18ce9587fde9146.jpg

Are you going to use that 1 piece bumper, Snake?  I need one to build a replica of a friend's car.

23 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Are you going to use that 1 piece bumper, Snake?  I need one to build a replica of a friend's car.

You mean the front bumper? It's pretty much the whole reason I bought the thing. :D

18 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Yes, front bumper.  Doesn't hurt to ask, right?  I heard some guy was going to resin cast the grill & bumper together but can't find anything.  Good luck with the build.

Modelhaus used to make it, but of course now they're gone. Maybe someone else will pick up the slack. I was able to determine that the 1970 AMT piece CAN be made to work on the current issue kit, with a little fiddling and fitting and adapting. 

15 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Got this '64 Corvair off the Bay. The plan is to use the high-zoot custom parts from the '62 I got from SamIAm, and restore that one as stock(-ish) since its body is in better shape. 

Notice the six holes drilled in the upper surfaces of the front and rear fenders. I can't even imagine what those are for. Did someone have this thing hanging from a hobby shop ceiling, like a model airplane? :wacko::blink:

64Corvair03.jpg.18d9beb9c8104f6d06ad51951957cb5e.jpg

64Corvair07.jpg.a828527f6069f5162fe3af42af305052.jpg

64Corvair08.jpg.fbd2fdf1e8976b88a7cd6142668c6c24.jpg

I'd hang on in regards to putting the custom stuff on the '64, and see if you can run down another '62 for that.  Of the early Corvairs I have, the '64 was the last one I found, and the hardest one to get.  The '63 convertible is a close second.  The '62 is much more common in my experience, finding another one already customized shouldn't be a tough get.

52 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'd hang on in regards to putting the custom stuff on the '64, and see if you can run down another '62 for that.  Of the early Corvairs I have, the '64 was the last one I found, and the hardest one to get.  The '63 convertible is a close second.  The '62 is much more common in my experience, finding another one already customized shouldn't be a tough get.

Will take that under advisement. The body on this '64 is already damaged, though, both the front end and the left rear wheel opening. I'm not really trying to build a complete collection of 1G Corvairs (I have no interest in either the 4D or the convertible), but I'll put off modding it for a while and see what happens. Thanks for the input. B)

Yeah, those styrene-softening tires often do a number on early Corvair wheel openings.  I wasn't looking for every year Corvair, but got within a couple of them and thought "why not".  I already had a '67 (the "for 1968" kit is a '67), but turned up a started '67 at NNL East for $20.  I put it down, thought the next guy bought it.  Later on, I passed that table again to see it still there!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...