Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I picked up this group of kits at last night’s club meeting. The Broncos were missing parts (tires in the blue kit, and the wrong body in the Baja kit), and the BRAT had a smushed box, but no internal damage. The Revell turbo 2.3 is started, but it will be nice to be able to finish this one (the one I tried to build when I was a kid was never completed; losing a rod and piston assembly at school put an end to the build...)

6B75B990-57CA-49F6-9425-3B36F3C7B2F7.jpeg

On 6/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, Sam I Am said:

Actually, the 66 was the same as the 65 Falcon , just skinned. I  have owned a 60, 62, 63, 64, 65, and 66 Falcon. The entire 66 , under the skin, was identical to my 65.

The 67-69 was slightly different even though the 67-69 looked similar to the 66. The 70 was a completely different body.

The thing is, Mustang  people do not like that that it was just a re-skinned Falcon. The 66-7 Fairlane people also do not like that it was just a stretched Falcon. 

Long live the Falcon ! ???

The 66 Falcon was not a re-skinned 1965 model. It was indeed a 1966 Fairlane from the front seat pan forward, sharing engine mounting pads, shock towers, engine bay panels, steering geometry, cowl, torque boxes, frame rails, etc. The rear portion of the front frame rails were cantilevered out rearward of the torque boxes separate of the floorpan just as they were on the new for 1966 Fairlane; a feature that was not present on the 1965 models. The engine bay, being identical to the Fairlane, could also accommodate an FE big block using the 390 GT stuff. You can't get an FE mounted into an early Falcon without heavily notching the shock towers. 

As a former 1:1 1966 390 GT Fairlane owner, I can tell you that it didn't bother me in the least that my car shared parts with the 3rd generation Falcon. It was just another source for parts when junkyard scrounging.... 

Edited by garagepunk66

6 hours ago, kelson said:

Mail call from yesterday,would`ve liked to see a lefthand drive dashboard included,but happy to have it.:DIMG_0974.thumb.JPG.914c296896556fba8042545e85f6dcfb.JPG

Nice one, I'm looking for one of those we saw on the street, after our visit to our son and wife near Calgary two years ago for the stampede! 

We were away over Dad's Day here in the UK, so youngest son dropped this off on our return...

photo-th.jpg

And another web site/magazine have built this this month so found one luckily on ebay UK, to try the build myself...

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

I bought a couple boxes of parts for a decent price. It was really fun to do a bit of styrene archaeology. I knew there were a couple good things in there. At least two of them were from my past, so there was value there.

So here are the boxes.

IMG_1812-vi.jpg

First look box 1

littleboxT-vi.jpg

First look box 2
Bigbox-vi.jpg

Decals and bits and pieces
IMG_1820-vi.jpg

Lots of tires. Part of a Zinger and parts from the bed buggy. The cool headlights were not there. Poop.
IMG_1823-vi.jpg

The Vette was nearly complete, but I'm not sure of the scale. Also included. Some small figures (mini men?) sanding stick, 1/64 camper, and part of a master link. (missing link?)
IMG_1824-vi.jpg

Here's the money shot. Firebug with  most fo the important parts, 1/20 T altered from when I was a kid. T for Two from that same time period, and parts of a Lil' Mixer, some dune buggy I don't know and parts from the Serpent kit.

IMG_1822-vi.jpg

17 minutes ago, Scott Colmer said:

I bought a couple boxes of parts for a decent price. It was really fun to do a bit of styrene archaeology. I knew there were a couple good things in there. At least two of them were from my past, so there was value there.

So here are the boxes.

IMG_1812-vi.jpg

First look box 1

littleboxT-vi.jpg

First look box 2
Bigbox-vi.jpg

Decals and bits and pieces
IMG_1820-vi.jpg

Lots of tires. Part of a Zinger and parts from the bed buggy. The cool headlights were not there. Poop.
IMG_1823-vi.jpg

The Vette was nearly complete, but I'm not sure of the scale. Also included. Some small figures (mini men?) sanding stick, 1/64 camper, and part of a master link. (missing link?)
IMG_1824-vi.jpg

Here's the money shot. Firebug with  most fo the important parts, 1/20 T altered from when I was a kid. T for Two from that same time period, and parts of a Lil' Mixer, some dune buggy I don't know and parts from the Serpent kit.

IMG_1822-vi.jpg

the vette looks like mpc 1970, dune buggy is a trailblazer by lindberg

19 hours ago, PatW said:

Nice one, I'm looking for one of those we saw on the street, after our visit to our son and wife near Calgary two years ago for the stampede! 

When you build it make sure you crack the lower part of the w/shield..Haven't seen one in real life that the w/shield isn't cracked..Read somewhere were it was a factory fault installing it but Yota wouldn't warranty it..

19 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

IMG_1820-vi.jpg

Looks like you've got substantial parts of an AMT Meyers Tow'd there (the green stuff at upper left). Think you've got enough of it to get it together? 

I went looking for the instructions for it but couldn't find them. Found some box images here: 

https://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/amt-t-300.htm

Finally!  Been trying to find one of these at a reasonable price for a LONG time.  Revell #85-7625 '32 Ford Highboy Roadster.  

Got it for $15.00 and shipping. The seller was pretty close to me, so shipping wasn't bad.  I don't like the modern rear suspension, but have enough AMT Phaeton and Vicky parts to fix that.

rev_hiboy.jpg

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

Sweet haul, ewetwo, especially that Falcon! B)

Snake. It's got to be a 9 out of 10. They are all in great shape. The 1960 Ford wagon looks to have a bit of warpage in the front. Don't want to mess with that as I haven't a clue. And the steering wheel is a little skewed in the 65 galaxy. Might have come like that as I tired to wiggle it and it's in there solid. Like I said there is only 3 missing parts total. Not bad huh?

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

Finally!  Been trying to find one of these at a reasonable price for a LONG time.  Revell #85-7625 '32 Ford Highboy Roadster.  

Got it for $15.00 and shipping. The seller was pretty close to me, so shipping wasn't bad.  I don't like the modern rear suspension, but have enough AMT Phaeton and Vicky parts to fix that.

rev_hiboy.jpg

Not sure why this has not been re-released. They have been hard to find on ebay or swap meets cheap for awhile. 

4 hours ago, Fish_65 said:

I've been eyeballin' that kit too, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Ebbro kits certainty aren't the cheapest, but the details are superb, and the box is full of parts, in my mind there well worth what they sell for.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...