Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, oldnslow said:

Found a dealer with stacks of kits at the flea market yesterday , came out with an AMT Nova , Boss Nova wagon and 69 Chevelle and a Revell Roth's Outlaw .

May go back today and see what he has left .

Here's an idea for the Boss Nova, which I need to get back to...

20190212_192501.jpg

Over the last couple of months I've found many of the vw kits I was searching for. As it happened, I found most of them at one time and was especially pleased to get the corrados as they were near the top of my list, though they might be a little under scale compared to the revell mk1. Since the corrados have the hoods molded onI'll probably leave them curbside so I can build a g60 engined kamei mk2, possibly using some of the zender parts to build the ultimate 80s golf with modern stance. The resin ghia body is from airtrax and looks pretty nice so it will be getting the chassis and running gear from a tamiya porsche gt3. The kubelwagen will probably be done with a cal look style as i made a drag car out of my last one. The celica was a mystery wrapped kit from a store over here and the mk1 racer I had to get from the us as i couldn't find one over here. The new beetle was to replace the one i turned into a coe pick up.

DSC04401.JPG

DSC04402.JPG

DSC04404.JPG

DSC04464.JPG

DSC04465.JPG

DSC04507.JPG

DSC04528.JPG

DSC04553.JPG

DSC04554.JPG

More engines:

• 1 hour ago, landman said:

More engines:

• Cosworth DFX Indy engine
    • Buick Indy engine
    • 1965 Lincoln 430
    • Scout SS 345

IMG_9313[1].JPG

Ah, I see you found  topgaskz , he's my go to guy for parts on ebay. I recognize the packaging.  I have a few thing arriving from him in a day or two! 

25 minutes ago, landman said:

He is by far the most reasonable in his prices.

I agree, I don't know him and I am not doing a commercial for him, but he is top notch! Hope to see those motors built and in your "shop"!

6 hours ago, landman said:

More engines:

• Cosworth DFX Indy engine
  • Buick Indy engine
  • 1965 Lincoln 430
  • Scout SS 345

IMG_9313[1].JPG

Your getting a good size engine collection of engines! I picked upe a Datsun pickup and a Mercury Park lane engine last week..

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

He, randys_model_parts_corner, and modeldudewilliam are my go-to guys for new parts.

I have bought from Randy but don't know the other guy...

On 7/27/2019 at 7:29 PM, SfanGoch said:

image.png.5e3de458a25e9d9ab9182601f7404b66.png

Cafe Moto, 394 Broadway in South Williamsburg, closed three years ago as of this coming Tuesday. It was  a vegetarian-only joint.

image.png.61321fc5aea44d30f32aa3fdbb30cfd9.png

The same owners "reinvented" the place as Cafe Velo, a bicycle-themed :rolleyes: vegan restaurant. I should ask them what happened to the van.

SIQQ

Just arrived from ucsp. It's a transkit for the fujimi gti and is some really nice resin. No bubbles, instructions included for the conversion and comes with the required clear parts. I think it is the nicest resin piece in my stash at the moment. I would happily recommend and communication with the seller was fast with replies within ten mins

DSC04571.JPG

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...