Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

I got another 175 alumiumn wheels so if anybody needs any let me know I'm willing to trade? Also have about 300 others!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow, that’s a lotta wheels!

Do you have them manufacturered, or you just bought a lot?

On 8/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, ranma said:

So glad I went to the Flea Market in Decatur Indiana this morning! Maybe my luck is changing to good again? Spent $40.00  for these All were $10.00 each! Very happy that I got the Transtar 4070 A which will join my International truck collection. The Camaro will be getting shipped to a friend of mine. The Mustang is missing the front bumper, and is a screw bottom kit with no paint work done to it.

DSC04090.JPG

DSC04093.JPG

That Little Window Pete kit is cool

Saturday , only bought one from the Hobby Linc sale, me thinks this one too will get rob for its bed and then the truck put op for sale instead of putting it away for a later date to sell.

Also got a sheet of early 90's thru 2004 Goodyear tire decals and some gauge decals that I really didnt need.
VubLN07.jpg

Met some one near the closest Hobby Lobby for lunch today so I figure why not use the coupon. I also had a coupon for AC Moore. The prices are jumping. The new pricing for Hobby Lobby is $33.99 per kit. But AC Moore is now $44.99. They are going to price themselves right out of the model car hobby. I did get this kit today as the price wasn’t marked up yet.

8057DAB2-710A-4A92-AB49-49DA72EBCAB0.jpeg

On 8/1/2019 at 7:43 AM, vintagercr said:

This came in the mail yesterday. Original AMT 1965 Impala with the custom parts.

IMG_6542.JPG

Didn't realize this was you Steve, you changed you picture.  Anyway this is an awesome find, really cool, hope to see it one day.

31 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

So what, did a rich uncle die?

Holy smoke! :blink:

Steve

Lol. No. Just stumbled on a CL add this morning from a guy who I bought a bit of his stuff a year or so ago. He was ready to clear out and he wanted $30 per kit. I asked him if he would take a lower price for all of them. He said yes. The surprising thing was that my wife agreed to what I offered him....with the stipulation that I make our money back plus some. I figured I could, at least, double my cost. I paid $25 a kit. Total of $775. I gave him $780 and he threw in a slush cast custom Blazer body, a bunch of diorama stuff and a bunch of aftermarket stuff. Not to mention some parts that were missing for the kits I bought previously. Talk about right place, right time...

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Lol. No. Just stumbled on a CL add this morning from a guy who I bought a bit of his stuff a year or so ago. He was ready to clear out and he wanted $30 per kit. I asked him if he would take a lower price for all of them. He said yes. The surprising thing was that my wife agreed to what I offered him....with the stipulation that I make our money back plus some. I figured I could, at least, double my cost. I paid $25 a kit. Total of $775. I gave him $780 and he threw in a slush cast custom Blazer body, a bunch of diorama stuff and a bunch of aftermarket stuff. Not to mention some parts that were missing for the kits I bought previously. Talk about right place, right time...

Later-

Lucky you Tom. Great score.  The Bush wacker was one I had as a kid. 

11 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

So, here it is precariously stacked for a pic. I also got 2small buckets of aftermarket and kit parts and diorama stuff!

Later-

IMG_20190805_174137907_HDR.jpg

I need parts for one of those truck kits... i think its the 70 that i have a cab to??? You got parts to spare pending on what i need?

3 hours ago, bandit1 said:

I need parts for one of those truck kits... i think its the 70 that i have a cab to??? You got parts to spare pending on what i need?

Most of these are complete but I haven't made it through all of them yet. Unfortunately the 70 is a bit different.

Later-

These acquired over the weekend.

Image result for Revell 1/25 Pontiac 66  REVELL-Monogram-1969-Dodge-Charger-Car-Model-Kit-1-25-Scale-Skill-Level-2-NEW

Both kits were second hand, and were intact. Pontiac was mint, the Dodge had suffered in storage but thankfully only the decals were really affected, slightly yellowed and cracked. 

Both kits came with "F70-15" tires, with molded on manufacturer details, that I believe have been blanked off by Revellogram in later issues.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...