Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

HEADS UP!  If anyone is looking for that ICM Model T Speedster kit, Freetime Hobbies has it on sale for $25.79 right now. Also the Revell Porsche Diesel Junior tractor for $17.99. If you like 1/12 scale motorcycles, they have a bunch of AOSHIMA Kawasaki & Honda kits for $10.49 each.  Their 1/12 scale Honda Z50 J-III Gorilla  mini-bike is $7.99.  

Also a couple of big motorcycle kits I haven't seen for a while:  the ITALERI (ex-ESCI) 1/9 scale Triumph 3HW and Harley WLA-45 WWII military motorcycles. Those are $36.84, which is less than some eBay sellers are asking. (No surprise there...)

As always, I have no connection with Freetime other than occasionally sending them money. 

6 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

HEADS UP!  If anyone is looking for that ICM Model T Speedster kit, Freetime Hobbies has it on sale for $25.79 right now. 

I picked mine up this side of the pond for the equivalent of $21 with the shipping. 

I got these today in the mail. The Cadillac and the Falcon were purchased at a decent price. And I have what I'll call a Secret Santa who surprises me time to time with a gift. This is the first time I've seen one of their builds and it beautiful done. It is proudly displayed on the top of my computer desk so I can see it every day and be inspired to build as nicely as this model. I think it is a Ford Vicky. And and engine and wheels along with some beautiful whitewall slicks.Thank you so much. :)

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1-1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

Been keeping an eye out for a cheap gluebomb build of one of these on ebay, since I have an oddball idea of how to customize it. They're not especially rare, and there was a somewhat recent repop of 'em, but I managed to snag this one a few days ago with a single bid for a total amount (car + shipping) that's below most any starting price on originals, built or unbuilt. The reason is because the seller only had it labeled as "Racecar, built." Put "Scarab" on it and all the Scarab hunters come out of the woodwork. Another one minus the interior but with a slot car chassis and kit box is currently up at $56, nearly twice what I paid in total. Handy and appreciated score for a poor guy like me.

932280793_Scarabfr.jpg.d65e6497c295b5c314c84456d84ad52e.jpg

1705647674_Scarabr.jpg.2e4e6dc3824253fb5881cd88d023a0d1.jpg

1099703964_Scarabtop.jpg.f4c93e1643608d02a3f4a7f00ce3d1c4.jpg

On 8/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, mchook said:

A good friend of my fathers & mine had asked if I could fix his dryer so I said sure (I fixed appliances for years when I was younger). So I ordered the parts & last night I went over to fix it for him, it only took about 15 mins. So we got talking after & he started showing me some of the models he built as a kid, they were in a nice case in the basement. He told me pick one so I did, then he dug out a big box & said this goes with it. We argued over how much he owed me & I told him 1 box of models. This is what I found in the box after I got home. I only cleaned some & WOWWWWW!

Bill's models 001.JPG

Bill's models 002.JPG

Bill's models 003.JPG

Bill's models 004.JPG

Bill's models 005.JPG

Bill's models 006.JPG

Bill's models 007.JPG

Bill's models 008.JPG

Bill's models 009.JPG

Bill's models 010.JPG

Bill's models 011.JPG

Bill's models 012.JPG

Bill's models 013.JPG

Bill's models 014.JPG

Bill's models 015.JPG

Bill's models 016.JPG

Bill's models 017.JPG

Wow, that is a really nice bunch of model kits.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...