Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Finally found this Chevy Bison on ebay and bought it.
I have been looking for it for a long time.
I have already bought its "sister/brother" truck the GMC General.
I know they are exactly the same kits with different decals but i wanted one of each to have displayed when i have built them.
493465643_chevybison.jpg.73d04849da1c59e0843086eb9ad1e8ec.jpg

6 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

Finally found this Chevy Bison on ebay and bought it.
I have been looking for it for a long time.
I have already bought its "sister/brother" truck the GMC General.
I know they are exactly the same kits with different decals but i wanted one of each to have displayed when i have built them.
493465643_chevybison.jpg.73d04849da1c59e0843086eb9ad1e8ec.jpg

Nice score!

Got these today at garage sales.  The Charger is complete. Body and interior are painted. The Bronco box had the Mustang 2. Chevy big wheel, Bronco skis, cap, and rails along with fender flairs. The mustang literally fell apart when I washed it. The 2 diecast were to cheap to give up. Figure someone might want them. The Lincoln Mint Daytona is complete. Engine painted. The Wix Chevy has never been out of it’s box. I have 2 Wix trailers. The Ford pickup is sealed and  the contents of the Snap Tight fire truck are all sealed. The 1969 Mustang has parts painted but looks complete. And the Johnny Lightnings were a buck a piece. Can’t go wrong.

E35B54DF-934D-478C-B209-E0575A797AF4.jpeg

EBEC2190-851F-4FCA-A9A5-382257490DD4.jpeg

54148DF1-C031-4D17-AECA-ECE18C167BB8.jpeg

A8BDF0D4-0B51-453A-8679-F324AF7ABBDF.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Amazing find!  Every one of those is a winner!  None of the forever reissued kits!

Goes to show that those little collections are still out there!   

Yeah, apparently one of his co-workers was cleaning his garage and almost tossed them out! He saved them. 

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Nice Jesse. You have a good friend.

I sure do, plus, he owes me a few ?

4 hours ago, JJ Deuce said:

Nice!  love that Turbine with the movie paint job

From "The Lively Set" , right? 

48 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Of course you're interested! Grab them ALL! 

Got'em! Now I need to take stock on what is missing and or broken. 

Here's an unusual what did I get yesterday, about 50 bottles of paint. With MM enamels disapearing faster then you can blink and even the little square bottle Testors soon to be gone I've been making the rounds to stock up on enamel paints. I'm an old school modeller and like my enamels so hope to be stocked up with enough to last me the rest of my modelling days (I already have enough kits stashed away to last a lifetime or two). There is only one shop in my province that carries Humbrol and its a 3-4 hour drive away and you can't mail paints in Canada. I will be my own hobby shop.

4 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Yeah, apparently one of his co-workers was cleaning his garage and almost tossed them out! He saved them. 

I came into a batch like that about 20 years ago.

A salesperson who sold me office furniture at work had a who friend owned an HVAC company and came into a box of old models in a basement when installing a furnace. The owner of the house noticed him looking at them and told him to take them home.  My salesperson visited his shop and saw the box of models. He told him he knew someone who built models, so the guy just gave them to me!   That was my once in a lifetime find.

Edited by Tom Geiger

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...