Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to two flea markets today. Saw 2 screw bottom annuals. And Edsel and an El Camino. But they were only the bodies and chassis and they were trashed. I mean really trashed. Windshield frames busted. Parts of the fenders missing. no chrome parts what so ever. Heavily glued and painted. I passed on those. But I did pick up this stuff today. The AMT 67 pickup box was missing body parts. But it had everything I needed for my MPC 70 pickup. Plus it had 6 whitewalls. The whitewalls were worth the $5 to me alone. Always looking for these whitewalls. The odd thing is even though the boxes are branded differently. One being an AMT and the other a MPC. They are identical kits. The chassis are the same. Everything fits each other. So I have the option of building the model as a Pickup. A wrecker. Or a service truck. Or Custom. And I think I have 1 or 2 custom grills in my stash not knowing what they went to.  

The GTX is complete and unopened inside. At $10. Why not.

But the 69 AMT Super Stocker. They wanted $45 and I got them down to $30. I don't know if that was a good deal or not. 

And Keith, Looks like we both made out with our pickups today.

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Karl LaFong said:

I picked up this '68 (MPC?) Chevy truck at a house sale today.  It set me back a total of 5 bucks. It's brush painted and missing the rear bumper/taillight and tailgate, and the front of the bed is for the wrecker version, rather than the pickup version.  Luckily, I have the wrecker sides, so I see a tow truck in this baby's future.

I could see it having a future at my place! :D

Steve

4 minutes ago, Deuces said:

The red hood belongs on a '78-'79 Z/28 Camaro... Probably from the Revell 1/24 scale kit....

Thank you Guido. At first I thought it would be a hood for an MPC Camero but it didn’t fit. 

Edited by ewetwo

19 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

Got these yesterday at model show in Sharon pa. Good time and got to visit some friends!

vince

Nice haul on the 1/35 scale military stuff.  The Hobby Boss M4 High Speed Tractor is a good candidate for "civilianizing." Many of those vehicles were dumped cheap as surplus after WWII, in both the US and Europe. A search on "civilian M4 tractor" turned up lots of interesting pics.  Some were converted into cranes or (very) heavy tow vehicles.  They were really useful in the logging industry, like the one below.  

m4 civil.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Nice haul on the 1/35 scale military stuff.  The Hobby Boss M4 High Speed Tractor is a good candidate for "civilianizing." Many of those vehicles were dumped cheap as surplus after WWII, in both the US and Europe. A search on "civilian M4 tractor" turned up lots of interesting pics.  Some were converted into cranes or (very) heavy tow vehicles.  They were really useful in the logging industry, like the one below.  

m4 civil.jpg

ney mike your right thats a neat kit but that box only has some leftover  parts it was bought with the long tom gun as a set and has some aftermarker brass shells and stuff but for $30 for both i was bringing it home and i have  two of the tractors in my collection so extra parts are cool!

vince

This 1/35 scale kit arrived on my porch today.  It's the old Peerless-MAX/Italeri Dodge WC-54 ambulance that dates back to the early 1970s.  Still a nice kit, and still the only WC-54 ambulance. Skybow/AFV Club did new kits for most of the other Dodge WC's, but not the ambulance.

The Czech company BILEK has been reissuing that old kit over the past several years, with new resin parts and decals.  This M.P. version comes with a resin luggage rack for the roof and some cargo to put in it. Along with a few other resin parts like an antenna base. BILEK has done a Signal Corps version and re-issued the ambulance version.

bilek-mp.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

This 1/35 scale kit arrived on my porch today.  It's the old Peerless-MAX/Italeri Dodge WC-54 ambulance that dates back to the early 1970s.  Still a nice kit, and still the only WC-54 ambulance. Skybow/AFV Club did new kits for most of the other Dodge WC's, but not the ambulance.

The Czech company BILEK has been reissuing that old kit over the past several years, with new resin parts and decals.  This M.P. version comes with a resin luggage rack for the roof and some cargo to put in it. Along with a few other resin parts like an antenna base. BILEK has done a Signal Corps version and re-issued the ambulance version.

bilek-mp.jpg

I bought several of the Peerless Dodge Weapons Carriers when Squadron Shop closed them out many years ago. About 25 years ago, I swapped one of them straight-up to a military modeler for a mint, unbuilt, NIB Sonny & Cher Mustang kit. We both thought we got the better end of the deal. I still have it, and no, it's not available for sale or trade, so don't even ask. B)

I won this today on ebay UK. The first dragster I can remember ever buying. I got a good deal for a new kit at £10 I think....

photo-th.jpg

AMT Digger Cuda.

I've just had an ebay email saying the seller has already put it in the post, so I should see it by this Friday 27th September.

Just scored another original AMT '66 Impala HT rebuilder on eBay. It's not complete (no engine, taillights, wheels, tires, missing several chassis components) but what made this one especially attractive to me is it comes with TWO hoods, TWO front and rear bumpers (and grilles), TWO front valences, TWO bare chassis, TWO rear axles, TWO interior tubs, and one convertible boot I desperately need for a '65 convertible rebuilder I already have. Lotta good stuff for a couple of '66 Chevy projects I have going on, including trying to get one of the dirt-track modifieds onto the street. B)

Edited by Snake45

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Just scored another original AMT '66 Impala HT rebuilder on eBay. It's not complete (no engine, taillights, wheels, tires, missing several chassis components) but what made this one especially attractive to me is it comes with TWO hoods, TWO front and rear bumpers (and grilles), TWO front valences, TWO bare chassis, TWO rear axles, TWO interior tubs, and one convertible boot I desperately need for a '65 convertible rebuilder I already have. Lotta good stuff for a couple of '66 Chevy projects I have going on, including trying to get one of the dirt-track modifieds onto the street. B)

Nice Snake.

Big Flea Market Day!  The Revell '59 Ford is partly built, but very neatly. The multi-piece body is assembled, which will just save some work if I get inspired to finish it.

For younger viewers, the '64 Fords are AMT/ERTL Blueprinter issues, basically promos in kit form. Released circa 1987 and only available to subscribers of the "Blueprinter" magazine.  Round 2 will probably reissue that kit soon, but at a higher price than I paid for these.  I already have the Italeri Mercedes Cabriolet but couldn't resist another.  Maybe I'll rat-rod it (just kidding).

9-25-19.jpg

13 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

David, the AMT "66 Impala engine is in the '60 Ranchero kit.

Interesting, didn't know that! Not that Rat Motors are particularly scarce at the Snakepit. I've got 'em from AMT, MPC, Revell, and Monogram. Although the AMT '66 Impala engine is interesting because it was one of the very first BBCs to appear in a model (along with the '66 Corvette Coupe). 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...