Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 10/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, Modlbldr said:

Hey Deuces- what would it take to talk you out of the side mirror on that 57 Ford since you're going to build it as a Gasser? I still need one more for my project.

Later-

Hey Mod.... I'm going to hang onto it in case I decide to build a street driven gasser.... Sorry bud... ?

I got one of my holy grail kits today. It took me almost 10 years to score it and at 52 euros including shipping it is the single most expensive kit I ever paid for. I don't even want to think what the final cost including wheels and resin engine from USCP will be... But I don't care, the M3 is finally in the garage ?

ELOXDjV.jpg

Edited by PowerPlant

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Whats the quality like on these alpha models? I've been seriously thinking about the bugatti chiron for my vw family collection and since I've got a lot of overtime the next few months...

High quality resin, but curbside.  Heavy, thick body casting, but not slush molded.  If you've seen their postings on Facebook, you get a good idea of the parts.  I wish they would do an engine/engine bay and more chassis detail, but you get a resin equivalent of a diecast with no opening hood.  Not maligning it, just stating fact.  Haven't fully "grokked" them yet.  Also, not sure level of detail I want to add.  Looks like you are in Scotland.  Check out Steve Hemmings Hiroboy store as he does carry them.

Got a Proshop Mustang fastback in the mail yesterday. Got a Snap Tite 1950 Mercury police car at Ollies today for my great nephew and a Trumpeter 1960 Pontiac hard top on it’s way.No more buying. LOL.

DA7EB692-DA08-4C80-BB9D-8E29E69CC9F0.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

5 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

High quality resin, but curbside.  Heavy, thick body casting, but not slush molded.  If you've seen their postings on Facebook, you get a good idea of the parts.  I wish they would do an engine/engine bay and more chassis detail, but you get a resin equivalent of a diecast with no opening hood.  Not maligning it, just stating fact.  Haven't fully "grokked" them yet.  Also, not sure level of detail I want to add.  Looks like you are in Scotland.  Check out Steve Hemmings Hiroboy store as he does carry them.

thankyou sir

Well the Trumpeter 1960 Pontiac Bonneville hard top arrived today. Boy that arrived fast. Now I have both of the Pontiacs.  Was sealed but I had to open it just to look at it. A lot of parts. Whew! This will wait a while until my painting abilities get better. 

E0607FD7-5346-4BA5-AFDF-BBA49314D3E3.jpeg

3 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Well the Trumpeter 1960 Pontiac Bonneville hard top arrived today. Boy that arrived fast. Now I have both of the Pontiacs.  Was sealed but I had to open it just to look at it. A lot of parts. Whew! This will wait a while until my painting abilities get better.

Just so that you are aware, the Trumpeter '60 Bonneville hard top body is pretty badly dis-proportioned.

The roof is far too short and the deck is way too long.

Just so there are no surprises. -_-

Steve

27 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just so that you are aware, the Trumpeter '60 Bonneville hard top body is pretty badly dis-proportioned.

The roof is far too short and the deck is way too long.

Just so there are no surprises. -_-

Steve

OMG Steve. You know who you are talking to right? I'm lucky if I can even build it. I looked at the wire and stuff thinking "what the heck?" LOL. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...