Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

OMG Steve. You know who you are talking to right? I'm lucky if I can even build it. I looked at the wire and stuff thinking "what the heck?" LOL. 

If I ever build mine, off comes the top! ;)
I'll build it as a convertible.

I have an AMT '60 hard top that I will most likely build before I ever dig into the Trumpeter kit.

The most likely scenario will be the Trumpeter guts going into the AMT body.

But that being said, I wouldn't let the inaccuracies stop me if there were no other options for a '60 Bonneville.

Build on!

Steve

Summer is a great time for road trippin’, and nothing makes a trip better than getting some good sprue along the way. I did well on a two-pronged trip in August, and I just got the stuff organized. I thought it would be fun to share my haul from Michigan to Hamilton , Ontario!

Check it out at the link below; if you thought I had eclectic tastes before, well… just think that now I’m going from Barbie Vette to nuclear missile, and all points in between!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/scores-and-collections/2019-end-of-summer-haul/

august-2019-haul-005.jpg?w=425

Edited by Faust

I got a pound of rubber, in the mail, yesterday. Guess I need to figure out what I want to have molds of! I recently made a mold of a wheel from the  Heller BMW. I think they'd look great on a hot rod! In fact, I may remove its  center cap, and replace it with one with five notches, since I  assume the notches are for lugs.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, stitchdup said:

Whats the quality like on these alpha models? I've been seriously thinking about the bugatti chiron for my vw family collection and since I've got a lot of overtime the next few months...

They look very nice!  Somehow I got on their email list.  I get notices of each new product which includes photos.  The address these come from is hobbydesign385@gmail.com     Drop them a line and they'd most likely be happy to put you on their list!

Edited by Tom Geiger

11 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I ordered this issue a few days ago.

It appears that it could take up to 2 weeks for delivery.

Steve

I got mine from the local hobby shop, but they sold out of this one.....:huh:

image.png.d421b719b893224e6f0ff1c21313d33e.png

Edited by thatz4u

The '62 Chrysler 300 landed in the mailbox today; as expected no rear bumper or headlights but a mint original issue interior (at last!). Came with a bunch of extra stuff like another dash and firewall, plus some unrelated bits like an original issue '62 Plymouth dash/steering wheel, and a Revell '62 Dart GT hood.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Got a few items at the Toledo Toy & Model Fair today---the Motor City Resin '60 Ford Town Sedan and Ford Fairlane 4dr sedan, several of Steve Zimmerman's sweet wheel & tire sets for future builds, and a restorable '69 Johan Cadillac Coupe de Ville..chrome is good, missing one wheel and tire and one taillight lens, got a chunk missing out of the rear quarter that is repairable. 

IMG-2839.jpg

IMG-2840.jpg

IMG-2841.jpg

6 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Our very own Bob Spedding, (TooOld) whipped up this great looking set of engine bay decals for my 1968 Olds 442 project!

Some really great work and greatly appreciated for a printing illiterate like myself. -_-

Thanks again Bob!

Can't wait to show them off!!

Steve

image.png.28253e3ee72ed8cd3c44c8950b31983e.png

image.png.8dc488dc2a04aac9a3aa19e038c7f933.png

image.png.7b531702e4dbf25656a9fa99123f22bf.png

image.png.f8cb41e5fbbc0a3ed624584fd78367a7.png

Al is a great guy!

From Toledo's toy show yesterday. Now to find the parts needed to finish the two resin Chevy '71 Impala/ '73 Caprice. The Edsel wagon cost me only $20.00, and is a very nicely built resin model.

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04243.JPG

DSC04244.JPG

DSC04245.JPG

DSC04246.JPG

DSC04247.JPG

DSC04248.JPG

DSC04249.JPG

DSC04253.JPG

DSC04251.JPG

DSC04252.JPG

DSC04254.JPG

DSC04260.JPG

DSC04256.JPG

DSC04258.JPG

DSC04259.JPG

DSC04261.JPG

DSC04263.JPG

DSC04264.JPG

DSC04265.JPG

DSC04266.JPG

Edited by ranma

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...