Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the Pomona Swap meet today. First time I have been there in several years. It was amazing. I managed to find a couple models too

I've wanted on of these since they were released way back when. This one was missing the the instructions and decals. No problem.

IMG_1946.thumb.JPG.040473918546ef0d7d91079ce9745a3a.JPG

This was one of three Balsa planes I have never seen before by the same manufacture. They were all from 1944. With a finished wing span of over 6ft. I had to have this B17 since the price was good. Kids back then must have been master craftsmen because there is only wood, and a piece of acetate to work with. The instructions are very detailed. But for the radial engine cylinders it says to "carve a piece of scrap plastic and wrap it with thread. You are expected to thermoform your own canopies too. I'll hold on to it for a while.

IMG_1947.thumb.JPG.5932a7fc51088c1f7701c16a4518f3f1.JPG

I got this for a buck to annoy my wife. She is not a cat fan. I am.

IMG_1948.thumb.JPG.a0039e3f6462ab6dec2ec450121b59e3.JPG

Edited by Scott Colmer

Nothing spectacular, but I went flea marketing today and found these. All unbuilt complete. The '55 Corvette is from Ollie's. Stopped there on the way home. There was a guy at the flea market that had a bunch of vintage stuff, built ups, parts and several started kits and empty boxes, but he thought he had a "gold mine" and his prices were a little too high for me, and he wouldn't budge, so I had to walk away. Would have bothered me years ago, but now I have the attitude of "if it's meant to be, great, if it's not so be it".DSCN1043.thumb.JPG.d9891b00753724228cd57826d30d9f0d.JPG

12 hours ago, larman said:

Nothing spectacular, but I went flea marketing today and found these. All unbuilt complete. The '55 Corvette is from Ollie's. Stopped there on the way home. There was a guy at the flea market that had a bunch of vintage stuff, built ups, parts and several started kits and empty boxes, but he thought he had a "gold mine" and his prices were a little too high for me, and he wouldn't budge, so I had to walk away. Would have bothered me years ago, but now I have the attitude of "if it's meant to be, great, if it's not so be it".DSCN1043.thumb.JPG.d9891b00753724228cd57826d30d9f0d.JPG

That's my attitude also Larry. If I want something on Ebay. I'll bid what I would want to pay. If I get it. Great. If not. It wasn't meant to be,

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Nice score David!

Thanks Carl.  Already gave the Daytona to a local builder who loves Mopar. He and his wife don't have a lot of extra money to buy kits. So for $10. I can spring for it. Maybe even the 300C.

Edited by ewetwo

18 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

Got these today beautiful casting i was real happy how nice it was and hang on cause there's another new one coming on Sunday sorry I can't post pics of it till Monday but it's super nice too!!!

Vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Where did you get the '70 W-30 hood?

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Thanks Carl.  Already gave the Daytona to a local builder who loves Mopar. He and his wife don't have a lot of extra money to buy kits. So for $10. I can spring for it. Maybe even the 300C.

Nice job David! Glad to hear that there are guys out there like you. I know a lot of us here would do the same. A great bunch of guys!

Later-

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

You're a good person. B)

12 hours ago, krassandbernie said:

Vince got these from me; but I no longer offer the W-30 Olds hood. It was one I had laying around from years ago that I gave him.

Vince PMed me and told me it was yours. Very nice! I have a Modelhaus one that is way too thick and the scoops aren't open. It's a nice casting, but his master wasn't the greatest.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...