Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

For ages that was the only 906. That's an awesome build. The Arii (I think?) 906 is okay, but it's not much more detailed than the Lindberg/Humbrol. I have it, and it's fairly different breakdown of parts. Full detail needs scratchbuilding. 

That's the first time I've seen that kit in ages, never saw the Humbrol issue before. Fujimi steelies from late 356 with rings in back and GT40 tires and you're on the way. If only there was a good 910 :(

39 minutes ago, DukeE said:

For ages that was the only 906. That's an awesome build. The Arii (I think?) 906 is okay, but it's not much more detailed than the Lindberg/Humbrol. I have it, and it's fairly different breakdown of parts. Full detail needs scratchbuilding. 

That's the first time I've seen that kit in ages, never saw the Humbrol issue before. Fujimi steelies from late 356 with rings in back and GT40 tires and you're on the way. If only there was a good 910 :(

Agree on the Arii 906 though Tamiya has reissued a slot body which is OK but no chassis or interior.

Agree also on the 910.  This  is an original build up of an  AHM (Japanese import) kit.  To me it always looked bloated though it did have opening doors.

20191112_134337.jpg.11799cb481b9d68b4cb653ebba5702ce.jpg

Agree Gary. Plus the AHM seems like it's 1/26-1/28, certainly compared to 906's. But another great build. I still remember your C-type IIRC. 

Haven't seen the Tamiya 906. Need a list of decent slot bodies like that. I have a 2J that's easy enough to build, and way better than my old resin brick from Dave. Maybe worth a thread, hope it doesn't get moved to slots. 

There is/was a resin 910 from Fiotto? Looked ok online, never saw kit in hand. 

From Sunday's Motor City NNL:

A built-up AMT '65 Vette coupe.  An easy restoration under that flat red brush paint, and a nice box containing most of the unused parts, missing only the Halibrand mags, slicks and decals.  

An MPC '65 Vette.  Mint, but the decals are toast.

An AMT '65 Corvair.  Missing a set of optional  baby moon-like hubcaps and decals, otherwise mint.  I've wanted one of these for quite awhile due to fond memories of the '65 Monza my sister bought new.

A Johan '66 Toronado.  The body has been painted/stripped, the roof is slightly warped, and an A-pillar is missing. The rest of the kit is mint. It was cheap, and I have a straight '67 body in the stash in case I have to perform some surgery.

Finally, an MPC Cuda Super Stocker.  I'm a sucker for short-track stockers, and I figured my odds of finding a cheap one again are pretty low, and I wouldn't pay the going rate for a MIB example.  I'll have some fun with this one.  Now if I could find a cheap Trickle Mustang.... 

DSCN9762.JPG

DSCN9763.JPG

DSCN9764.JPG

DSCN9765.JPG

MPC Super Stocker Barracuda.JPG

26 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Great scores, pack rat! I'm envious! 

Thanks, Snake.

I know those old C2 Vettes turn your crank too.  Next on my hit list is an AMT '67 roadster, then I'll be done.  I have the remains of a T.H.E. Cat, but that doesn't count.  

Edited by pack rat

My good friend, peter31a, and I also attended the Motor City NNL this past weekend. On the way we stopped at the HL at the Schoenherr Rd location and at Great Lakes Hobbies. There is nothing like shopping before going to an event with even more shopping. Kit prices in Toronto usually start in the low $40 dollar range and go way up from there. Going to the NNL is like being a kid in a candy shop! The vendor space was expanded this year. The number of vendor aisles was unbelievable. Yes, I did pick up some kits and supplies. I took a few picture and have posted a link in the Contest section. My apologies for the fuzzy pictures.

2019-11-10a.JPG

2019-11-10b.JPG

Edited by Bill Eh?

4 hours ago, pack rat said:

Thanks, Snake.

I know those old C2 Vettes turn your crank too.  Next on my hit list is an AMT '67 roadster, then I'll be done.  I have the remains of a T.H.E. Cat, but that doesn't count.  

See if you can find one that has the removable hard top. If you can come up with one that also has the optional panel wagon top, even better! Good luck with your search. B)

I've been out of action, modelling-wise, for a while, but I have been able to spend time on a well-known auction site, where I went down a bit of a small-scale rabbit hole...

ultimate-corvette.jpg

Very reasonable price for this... I'm not sure many people in the UK know much about them...

And these four:

four-heller-boxes.jpg

Some British and European classics, and for sure the only way to get a mainstream injection-moulded Rover SD1 and Alfasud...

four-heller-bodies.jpg

merc-and-alfasud.jpg

jaguar-and-rover.jpg

The sharpness and detail of the mouldings is really pretty impressive. You can't really get a sense of size in the pictures, but they are reet petite: the Alfasud (the white one) is a little under 3.5" long...

I'll be getting on with these in fairly short order.

best,

M.

Some British and European classics, and for sure the only way to get a mainstream injection-moulded Rover SD1 and Alfasud...

Great scores Matt, really like the look of the Rover and Alfasud. I built a couple of the Heller 1:43 kits some years back and they turned out pretty good.

Made an offer on one of these and after a little negotiating. I bought one.

Mint car in the original packaging. Seems a lot of these are missing at least one of the side emblems. ( the one I bought is perfect )

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Lucky find yesterday - a Tamiya Spray-Work paint stand for $7 in the Niles HL clearance aisle; it was missing the spring clips but I found alligator clips for it on eBay for another $7. Which totals out to...  umm, about what I would have paid for a complete one with the 40% off coupon anyway... my head hurts :wacko:.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

4 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Lucky find yesterday - a Tamiya Spray-Work paint stand for $7 in the Niles HL clearance aisle; it was missing the spring clips but I found alligator clips for it on eBay for another $7. Which totals out to...  umm, about what I would have paid for a complete one with the 40% off coupon anyway... my head hurts :wacko:.

Don't forget the cost of tape to keep it from dumping your fresh paint on the floor!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...