Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I am sure it is the same one sold for many years. Nice engine kit. 

7 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Interesting. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a Buick engine?

I told Norm on the phone that it looked very Chevy like. He chuckled and said it is made out of Chevy Stovebolts. It is a "What if" engine that he feels could be used in rat rods.

Made a two hour trip to a small general in Quakertown, in part to check out the model and paint section. They have a nice selection of oddball kits on hand. A Pinto ans a Gremlin were next to each other for example. They have a better selection of paints than Michaels.  I found some old Boyd spray paint so I picked them up.

IMG_0515.JPG

Bought a box of original AMT annual '67 Camaro parts. No car, no engine, no wheels, and doesn't look like any stock parts, but the original box is here (kinda rare), along with the instructions and decals (very cracked, but can be scanned and reprinted). The now very rare custom "flying buttress" fastback top is here, along with the custom rear panel with spoiler, and both custom front grilles. Looks like most of the custom interior parts, too. I already have a restorable glue bomb AMT '67 Camaro annual (which will be restored stock), so it will be cool to have an original box to put it in. And I think I'll see if those custom goodies can be grafted onto a common AMT '67-'68 or Revell '67 body and recreate the original annual custom. A box of nostalgia and fun! :D

7 hours ago, kelson said:

Mailman dropped this off yesterday,already have 5 in the stash,but for $25 bucks off Ebay why not?.IMG_1705.thumb.JPG.e5f8db3e677e80beede652cf1fe3ae7d.JPGIMG_1706.thumb.JPG.223aebcf24be543495b4e6686d60c0ff.JPG

That's pretty cool Curtis. Looks nice and clean, an easy resto.

That passenger side headlight looks like it came from a '64/'65 Thunderbird.

IIRC, they both should be like the driver's side one.

16 hours ago, Can-Con said:

That's pretty cool Curtis. Looks nice and clean, an easy resto.

That passenger side headlight looks like it came from a '64/'65 Thunderbird.

IIRC, they both should be like the driver's side one.

They're exactly the same it's just the passenger side one is hanging out,i just semi popped it in for the picture.:D

Just scored original annual AMT front bumper/grille and rear bumper with taillights for this (which I got a few months ago). The price wasn't much more than Modelhaus was getting for repros  when they were still in bidness, and considering the taillights and that the shipping should be LESS than Modelhaus charged (which was always on the high side), I made out pretty well. 

Looks like this one just jumped to near the top of the To-Do list in the Snakepit. As the plan is to polish out the blue plastic, should make a great winter project. 

67ImpalaPromoBlue01.jpg

poor pics but some more arrivals today. Who'da thunk it'd be cheaper to buy an american kit from australia than anywhere else so the scirocco was real cheap. After building it once before i now want to build an improved version since i can use the previous build to find the bits i need to pay more attention to. The tractor is just something I wanted as i live in a farming/fishing community so inspiration is everywhere. The mk2 golf was only purchased to save my kamei boxing as its pretty rare and i want to build it. The 2 heb and 56 oval are from bestmodelcarparts on ebay and are much nicer than my pics (going back for the corvair truck soon as I can sorta justify it for my vw collection due to the aircooled and rear engine, lol.

DSC05624.JPG

DSC05625.JPG

DSC05626.JPG

DSC05627.JPG

DSC05628.JPG

DSC05629.JPG

DSC05630.JPG

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just scored original annual AMT front bumper/grille and rear bumper with taillights for this (which I got a few months ago). The price wasn't much more than Modelhaus was getting for repros  when they were still in bidness, and considering the taillights and that the shipping should be LESS than Modelhaus charged (which was always on the high side), I made out pretty well. 

Looks like this one just jumped to near the top of the To-Do list in the Snakepit. As the plan is to polish out the blue plastic, should make a great winter project. 

Nice Snake. I have the screw bottom Impala SS convertible body. 

What did I get today ? Screwed is what I got . Ordered this kit on eBay because I always liked it . Listing claimed complete and in new condition . Today I got the bag of parts . Without taking an inventory I noticed no tires , no wheels , no decals . May be more missing but that is enough . Giving seller a chance to make it right but failing that I will avail ebay of its help . 

29DF2255-4516-4227-AB2D-B2C32A0DABC0.jpeg

48 minutes ago, cobraman said:

What did I get today ? Screwed is what I got . Ordered this kit on eBay because I always liked it . Listing claimed complete and in new condition . Today I got the bag of parts . Without taking an inventory I noticed no tires , no wheels , no decals . May be more missing but that is enough . Giving seller a chance to make it right but failing that I will avail ebay of its help . 

29DF2255-4516-4227-AB2D-B2C32A0DABC0.jpeg

Yikes! The tires, wheels, and decals are the high points of that kit. I hope you get your money back. 

Funny the things you find when you unpack after a move...even five years after the move. Now that I am setting up my new hobby room I am unpacking and organizing boxes of things that I bought and then stuck away.

The old long bed Chevy pu I bought to duplicate my Dads old 62. The 62 Sunliner I picked up to reproduce my father in laws 1:1. The 62 Hardtop because I liked the looks,  and the little 60 Falcon because I like Falcons. Good think I just bought a new gallon of the purple stuff.  

Yea, that 60 Falcon came in a 61 Comet box with a 61 or 62 instruction sheet.?

20191125_132608.jpg

20191125_133106.jpg

20191125_133217.jpg

20191125_132841.jpg

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

I built one in 1963 too.  I can not figure out what the hubcaps are from the photos.  They look like Chevys but not Corvette.

Capture.JPG.cfa148df4b0b6e38cf70601baf5802fb.JPG

Looks like  AMT '59 ElCamino hubcaps, and those headlights definitely look like 64/65 T-Bird headlights.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...