Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Another one added to the stash, another Revell model that is near impossible to find, thanks to my good friend Shay O'Dowd (Dublin Boy)who put out the feelers and actually found someone in the U.S that had one (Kerry Ingram) and was willing to sell it on.

20191129_150946.jpg

7 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Another one added to the stash, another Revell model that is near impossible to find, thanks to my good friend Shay O'Dowd (Dublin Boy)who put out the feelers and actually found someone in the U.S that had one (Kerry Ingram) and was willing to sell it on.

I didn't realize that this kit was that difficult to find.

Guess it's a good thing that I got one when I did.

It's a nice kit by the way.

Steve

Another one added to the stash, I originally bought one of these 6 years ago when it was first released, sold it on a couple of years ago, kind of regretted it and has took me some time to track down another one, note to self, be careful what models you sell on.

20191130_102647.jpg

This one arrived today..... a 1:43 scale Franklin Mint 1922 Rolls-Royce Phantom I, in blue and black..... as new condition, no parts missing or damaged. Following photos show this car alongside a 1:43 scale Oxford Diecast Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I from 1955 - 1959.

Although I have purchased many 1:24 scale Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint model cars, this is the first 1:43 scale Franklin Mint model car that I have purchased.

David

100_2289.JPG

100_2300.JPG

100_2302.JPG

100_2304.JPG

On 11/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, GeeBee said:

20191129_150946.jpg

this one is hard to find in the USA

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

this one is hard to find in the USA

image.jpeg

that one has been disconnected for a while, I can be found on Ebay or a few second hand kit dealers, but does command a higher price than when it was new.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F174105829559

I've seen them go for more than this seller is asking. 

7 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

that one has been disconnected for a while, I can be found on Ebay or a few second hand kit dealers, but does command a higher price than when it was new.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F174105829559

I've seen them go for more than this seller is asking. 

that's the kit, he states he may not ship to the US..oh well...just found a real one....

Related image

1 hour ago, thatz4u said:

that's the kit, he states he may not ship to the US..oh well...just found a real one....

Related image

if you need any help in obtaining one, let me know, there's a few second hand kit dealers I know, one of these are bound to turn up, usually a lot cheaper than Ebay. 

On 11/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, GeeBee said:

20191129_150946.jpg

I don't even know if I bought that kit...... I'll have to check out my stash..... ??

OK, one more crossed off the list:

718956730_66skylark1.thumb.jpg.b62460036c3c113196ffe1a00522b2ab.jpg

All American Models resin; happily I was the only bidder. Really would rather have an original kit, but this was cheaper than the usual gluebombs. Got a Modified Stocker for the engine/underpinnings (and an unwarped hood), but I also have a Lindberg '66 4-4-2 I could borrow from - anyone ever done a chassis upgrade on one of these '66 Skylarks?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Got this today off craigslist today. All there in the bags and no damage. the young man wanted $2 but I gave him $5. I know. Don't say anything.  He even delivered it to the better half's place of work so I didn't have to go anywhere. That's worth the extra $3 as I would have had to drive 40 miles to get it.

00L0L_9oELAlNBcQB_600x450.jpg

48 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Got this today off craigslist today. All there in the bags and no damage. the young man wanted $2 but I gave him $5. I know. Don't say anything.  He even delivered it to the better half's place of work so I didn't have to go anywhere. That's worth the extra $3 as I would have had to drive 40 miles to get it.

00L0L_9oELAlNBcQB_600x450.jpg

He delivered it, well worth the tip. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...