Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well I got a call from my dad last night saying he had found a box I may be interested in out in the storage building

So I stopped by after work...

Turns out it was some kits from when I was a kid! Some are half built but at least 4 are opened but untouched!

Thought they were lost to a house fire years ago... 

Score!!!

Not pictured is a 70 Boss 429 mustang

71 Cuda convertible.

Johann Sox and Martin 71 Cuda.

AC Cobra 

65 Riviera 

And some year of a GTX that I haven't looked at.

A 55 Nomad

62 Impala convertible

And another giant box of parts!!

It was like Christmas came early... and it's all my old stuff!!

And 2 of my dads old build from his childhood.

I'm thrilled!

20191204_001725.thumb.jpg.baee0c7a23b723f49fa8ec796abe9e8d.jpg

1 hour ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Well I got a call from my dad last night saying he had found a box I may be interested in out in the storage building

So I stopped by after work...

Turns out it was some kits from when I was a kid! Some are half built but at least 4 are opened but untouched!

Thought they were lost to a house fire years ago... 

Score!!!

Not pictured is a 70 Boss 429 mustang

71 Cuda convertible.

Johann Sox and Martin 71 Cuda.

AC Cobra 

65 Riviera 

And some year of a GTX that I haven't looked at.

A 55 Nomad

62 Impala convertible

And another giant box of parts!!

It was like Christmas came early... and it's all my old stuff!!

And 2 of my dads old build from his childhood.

I'm thrilled!

Nice find.

I bought a sealed 64 1/2 Mustang off of CL earlier this week for $5. I gave it to my cousin who has been thinking about getting back into modeling. I figured it would give him the boost needed.

I just got the message this morning that my offer was accepted on this deal on eBay. Looks like I got a great deal for the price. I have a started parts kit of it. I've been wanting a complete, unstarted one, and this one comes with extras. Got it, with shipping included for less than normal.

Later-

Screenshot_20191205-051143.png

Edited by Modlbldr

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

I bought a sealed 64 1/2 Mustang off of CL earlier this week for $5. I gave it to my cousin who has been thinking about getting back into modeling. I figured it would give him the boost needed.

I just got the message this morning that my offer was accepted on this deal on eBay. Looks like I got a great deal for the price. I have a started parts kit of it. I've been wanting a complete, unstarted one, and this one comes with extras. Got it, with shipping included for less than normal.

Later-

Screenshot_20191205-051143.png

Sweet deal!  I like that old kit alot. Wish I had another one.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:40 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

OK, one more crossed off the list:

718956730_66skylark1.thumb.jpg.b62460036c3c113196ffe1a00522b2ab.jpg

All American Models resin; happily I was the only bidder. Really would rather have an original kit, but this was cheaper than the usual gluebombs. Got a Modified Stocker for the engine/underpinnings (and an unwarped hood), but I also have a Lindberg '66 4-4-2 I could borrow from - anyone ever done a chassis upgrade on one of these '66 Skylarks?

Congrats and welcome to Skylark World! 

That looks like a pretty complete resin kit. I dunno if there's much in the dirt tracker you'll be able to use, especially if you're trying to upgrade the engine and chassis. 

Engine from AMT '66 Riv would be generally good, but no '66 Skylark came from the factory with dual 4-barrels. 

Here's a link to a WIP I started some time ago, just since it looks like you want to do a good job on this. Might be some useful info for you. 

One big eyesore on the AMT body needs to be fixed, and this is on every annual, promo, craftsman, dirt tracker, and resin copy I've ever seen. There is a bulge along the upper edge of the left side front fender and door. It's not on the right side, which is correct. Look down both body sides from the front and you can see what I mean. Fortunately, it's not too difficult to file and sand this body line back to straight, or straighter. 

In this pic, the area in question is right over the red line. 

66Skylark.jpg.d821ccdd03b81597f7fff0661b4574d4.jpg

The 1970 Chevy and 23 whitewall tires came in the mail today. Love my whitewalls. And I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the truck with the coupon. Stopped at AC Moore seeing it was just a few building away and they are having a storewide clearance sale. But the models were only 25% off and at $40 a pop. The discount brings the price down to $30. No deal there seeing they have nothing new.  Same kits that were there 2 years ago.

image0.jpeg

Got the missing rear bumper and headlights for my '62 Chrysler, three '59 Plymouth wheels, plus the back half of an original '58 Edsel hardtop that can be spliced into a builder I have that has gouged quarters. Also got several '62 Chrysler wheelcovers which I'll cut up, reshape and layer together to make a master with a more correct profile (hey, somebody's got to do it!) .

Thanks Leslie P.!

Just got these wheels delivered that I had ordered off of eBay. They are nice. Now to find something to use them on. They are definitely too much for the customized Deora.

I also have a buddy who is selling me an AMT 60 Mercury Parklane for a good price. Just missing the windshield. I wonder if the windshield from a 60 Starliner would fit? Anybody have a spare 60 Merc windshield?

Later-

IMG_20191207_163930716.jpg

IMG_20191207_164001407.jpg

IMG_20191207_164919879.jpg

IMG_20191207_164930511.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...