Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday's mail brought the re-issue of the MPC '74 Road Runner. Also the off-topic Freedom Models 1/35 scale Nike-Hercules missile & launcher. I posted a picture of the Nike box art in "All The Rest/What Non-Car Model Did You Get Today."  

EDIT:  I just went to the mailbox and this arrived via eBay. An original AMT '61 Buick wagon, nicely built and painted.  It came with a built but complete U-Haul trailer and the A-frame engine hoist. And most of the Chrysler display engine.

The fuel cans and fire extinguisher are glued inside. I'll take the kit apart and remove those. I was thinking of stripping and re-painting it, but the paint job looks pretty good.  So I might even leave that alone. Maybe just a little BMF or Molotow on the trim.

(Pic from eBay listing, no time for photography today.)

buick_61.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

On 12/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, stitchdup said:

these are scale production 17 inch versions but i think they are resin centres now. ucsp also do them in resin in other sizes with tyres. I'll post up some comparison pics later if i mind on

Leslie, thanks for the information. I think I found the set at the manufacturer's website:

https://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2259_17--ronal-racing-dtm.html

I did not know that they produced such a wide range of wheels, interesting!

Rob

6 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Another raffle prize at the LMMCC meeting - AMT '51 Chevy convertible...

You could build that as Steve McQueen's last movie car -  the yellow '51 Chevy convertible he drove in "The Hunter" (1980).  For its last release, Round 2 copied the photo below for the box art.

mcq_51chev2.jpg

Maybe - either way, I'd need to fix the hubcaps (way too flat, they look like they're from an '80s S-10) and the grille (needs that horizontal "lip" on the top bar).

Not a big fan of The Hunter, seeing one of my favorite actors - as he was dying - in a script that wasn't worth his talents. Good stunts, though.

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Maybe - either way, I'd need to fix the hubcaps (way too flat, they look like they're from an '80s S-10) and the grille (needs that horizontal "lip" on the top bar).

Not a big fan of The Hunter, seeing one of my favorite actors - as he was dying - in a script that wasn't worth his talents. Good stunts, though.

Only thing I remember from that movie was the line, "New things are no good." 

The courier just rolled up with half a dozen bottles of paint from Gravity Colors Spain. Ordered and shipped on Thursday and at my door in New Zealand on Monday.

Thats pretty good going considering its Xmas but that's the normal service I receive from Gravity Spain.

IMG_3009.jpeg

Last night on eBay I scored a complete, very restorable/rebuildable '69 El Camino. Also got a JoHan promo Maverick body, glass, and front bumper (and taillights) for a very reasonable price. Needs the rear bumper but I'm keeping my eyes open. Eventually I might find a really messed up glue bomb or promo cheap that I can pirate the chassis and interior from, or maybe steal them from a more common Comet kit. Where there's a will, there's a way! 

43 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Last night on eBay I scored a complete, very restorable/rebuildable '69 El Camino. Also got a JoHan promo Maverick body, glass, and front bumper (and taillights) for a very reasonable price. Needs the rear bumper but I'm keeping my eyes open. Eventually I might find a really messed up glue bomb or promo cheap that I can pirate the chassis and interior from, or maybe steal them from a more common Comet kit. Where there's a will, there's a way! 

There is a Comet rear bumper on e-Bay right now. They are the same, right?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...