Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a built 65 Riviera a while back,mostly because the Green car that Snake 45 built on here looked so cool.

I believe it is the 1986 issue.

Not real sure why there are Fairlane GT decals & rims on it & what looks to be Vega rims on the back.

Engine compartment was wired using thread. Is a pretty clean build.

I am going to take off the decals & try to wax the body and change rims.

65RIVIERA 001.jpg

65RIVIERA 012.jpg

8 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Got a built 65 Riviera a while back,mostly because the Green car that Snake 45 built on here looked so cool.

65RIVIERA 001.jpg

Wow, I am truly honored and humbled by your kind words. B)

Looks like a cool project. That's a good color for Rivs. I hope you can save it and make it work. Good luck with your rescue! B)

This beautiful loser joined the stable today. The kit looks pretty good, on par with MPCs other new tools for the early 80s. The optional body kit is horrific, it's well on it's way to being a bosozoku car. Faust would be proud.

20191230_184750.thumb.jpg.f2da7430b1a58ced2d47774f7a1e92d9.jpg

I found a pic of the body kit, yummy.

20191230_233343.jpg.3878d2df814da592bd5a83adeacd353d.jpg

Edited by Fat Brian

10 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey Brian!

Those MPC cars from that era actually were pretty decent kits.  And they can be bought for a song today!   Enjoy!

It looks good, the construction is very similar to their early fox body Mustangs where the inner fenders and interior panels build on top of the chassis plate. I got this one shipped for around $30 still sealed but with the Golden Wheels panel cut off the box.

Another bug for the stash. I think it may be the same as the imai kit but will have to compare them. The parts look very simialr from memory. The vette was cheap and I was going to use the engine in my cannonball firebird but half of it is molded to the body. If I can remove it without damaging the rest I'll still use it but if not I have something else lined up. The front and rear independent suspensions are from motobitz and they look very nice with lots of detail so my delaheye build might be back on the bench soon. The spray booth I got for christmas

DSC05700.JPG

DSC05698.JPG

DSC05701.JPG

sDSC05702.JPG

DSC05697.JPG

DSC05699.JPG

Not all today but in the past week.

The 1/16 Nomad came from JUNK-MAN in trade. The KW was an eBay purchase for what it would cost me to get at HL, without leaving my house. The vintage AB is another eBay purchase. It is a Paasche F (smaller version of  the H). I had never seen this style color cup so I put a bid on it and won. I was hoping that it would have a #2 head/needle/nozzle as they are no longer available (it wasn't mentioned in the item description and I didn't ask ahead of time). It does have the #2 so it will spray a bit thicker material than a #1. I plan to try it on my interior painting and if it goes well, that is what I'll use it for. Sorry if I seem to gush on it, but I'm stoked about it.

55kwab.jpg

Edited by DPNM

The '57 Buick promo landed today. Wasted no time dismantling it, and I'm pleased to report that the AMT promo chrome is an excellent fit on the Bichi Toys body! The AMT body was 1/4" shorter than the Argentine styrene one due to the acetate's shrinkage/warpage, but the styrene (thank goodness) chrome parts lined right up. The Bichi bumpers were not as well detailed so I'm glad this is working out.

Now to find a '58 Buick interior. Oddly the AMT '58 Roadmaster chassis will have to be shortened 1/4" - not a biggie. I should start a build thread soon.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:23 PM, Roncla said:

The newly issued  935K3  from NuNu has just arrived from Hobby Easy. NuNu are really setting the standard for others to follow with this release.

Ron, I am also eagerly awaiting this kit! However, someone pointed out that the model looked awkward. I looked into it, and came up with the following quick & dirty shape analysis. I *really* hope that the photo is of a prototype model, not the production kit. Can you compare your model to the photos below and comment? Thanks in advance!

Rob

nunu-k3-mods.jpg

Actually I bought it yesterday! I paid $10.00 for the AMT snapfast plus Chevy C-3500 street machine custom. The box was open with the parts loose inside , But it was completely untouched otherwise. I put some of the parts up for trade for stock one's My plan is to build as a stock GMC 3500 pickup 

1-c 3500.jpg

34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

This one arrived today . I hate when the shipper just wraps the model box for shipping instead of putting the model in a carton . Is that just me ? 

No, your seller is a numpty!  Model boxes are not strong enough to go through the mails, although yours doesn't seem too bad.  I've gotten them poorly boxed and dented.

I remember years ago on an eBay board, someone was complaining that they bought an antique toy and the seller mentioned the mint condition original box.  Same seller just put a label and postage on that mint box and put it in the mail, destroying it's value!   Idiots are out there!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...