Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Found these three mostly complete screw bottom buildups at my favorite thrift this weekend for $10 each.

The red Bonneville had a nice paint job and I was going to keep it as is, but the paint came off along with the price sticker.

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8963.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

At our club meeting last night, all the models of the month for 2019 were lined up and the club members selected the 2019 model of the year.  My VW Samba Bus Woodie was selected (down to a tie breaker vote).  A lot of very well done models were amongst the candidates (3 of them mine) and this model was fortunate enough to be chosen.
 DSCF2205.thumb.JPG.4899c1ac01a6e1266e1f279a9d13b096.JPGDSCF2207.JPG.5a3bd9e9f352ed3695e2928532cf426b.JPGDSCF2206.thumb.JPG.12c7592f2aa4f29694818546f4fd6e9d.JPGDSCF2205.thumb.JPG.4899c1ac01a6e1266e1f279a9d13b096.JPG

On 1/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, cobraman said:

Went to HL with a gift card and using the coupon . Nothing I really wanted but this one looked pretty cool . 

I also grabbed a '71 Duster 340 today at Hobby Lobby, using the Magic Email Coupon on my phone.  Might have skipped it, but I went back and read some of the old threads about that kit on this board.  They convinced me to take the plunge.  

No new car kits at this HL.  But it had one new off-topic kit, the Atlantis (ex-Revell) Allison Turbo-Prop engine. So if anyone is looking for that kit, it may be on the way to your local HL.  Their sticker price is $49.99.

Edited by Mike999
goof

Got these several months ago from a local hobby store that specialized in radio controlled cars/planes.  There was talk of the store closing and the owner had taken ill.  I went over to check the stock and got these along with a pair of Moebius step side Ford's at 40% off.  Later that afternoon, their facebook said the remaining stock was purchased by a competitor and the store closed.

I went past the building this weekend and it's been dozed by a bank that bought the property.  Shame to see another small store go out.

Kenwood hobby store.jpg

21 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

At our club meeting last night, all the models of the month for 2019 were lined up and the club members selected the 2019 model of the year.  My VW Samba Bus Woodie was selected (down to a tie breaker vote).  A lot of very well done models were amongst the candidates (3 of them mine) and this model was fortunate enough to be chosen.
 [...]

Hey that's AWESOME!  Well deserved.  I have a WIP Bus that needs to be exhumed, good inspiration for me.

6 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

It is a rare occasion, but sometimes it happens. Got this from a local FB group last week. Factory sealed. ? 

? Nice score. Have you opened it yet? I hope the body shell is intact and not bent. ?

43 minutes ago, Casey said:

? Nice score. Have you opened it yet? I hope the body shell is intact and not bent. ?

Some of the bent ones get better when you slide floor in. The windshield cowl crack looks bad too but it is better with chassis in and reinforcing under the split. Great kit. 

On 1/13/2020 at 1:21 PM, Exotics_Builder said:

DSCF2205.thumb.JPG.4899c1ac01a6e1266e1f279a9d13b096.JPG

Congratulations Gerry!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...