Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

21 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I have just enough budget and room to only get one of every truck kit I want. I didn't even know this existed until I saw it on ebay. It was a good price so I snagged it. I will have to do something about the wimpy split tires though. Mobius to the rescue!

IMG_1247.JPG

I don't have this kit but the box top shows that they are not dual tires but rather large singles.  Might be a consideration.  Back into my hole.

22 hours ago, stitchdup said:

gym shoe repair glue works for the split tyres, or if you can find "shoo goo too" (most likely in skateboard shops) its already black and sands down at the same rate as the tyres

Thank you for the suggestion. I will still likely simply replace the tires.

6 hours ago, The Junkman said:

I don't have this kit but the box top shows that they are not dual tires but rather large singles.  Might be a consideration.  Back into my hole.

Your correct. The box was open. The tires are scrawny thus my replacement comment.

55 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

Your correct. The box was open. The tires are scrawny thus my replacement comment.

Bill, I have a few of the old International super single fronts off their cement mixer.  I will check tomorrow and let you know how many and measurements. 

23 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The '63 Riviera came yesterday; the photos showed the condition well enough. The wheels aren't visibly melted and the roof is good under the warped ski racks. Engine's kind of a mess; is the one in the '65 kit the same?

I'm planning on using the engine from the newer '66 Riv in my '63.

I think it is quite a bit better detailed.

Steve

1 hour ago, br67 said:

I didn't really need this kit but I just love them in this vintage built state. And I always love to have the original box art and instructions too

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG

Round 2 should reissue that if they have the molds. The chassis wouldn't be as current as the new Revell kits but would offer some different build options. 

5 minutes ago, espo said:

Round 2 should reissue that if they have the molds. The chassis wouldn't be as current as the new Revell kits but would offer some different build options. 

They did a couple years ago ,,, or at least what's left of it. 

Image result for model king camaro funny car

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

So they made it into a Funny Car ?  Nothing against Funny Cars, but that does leave the kit very one dimensional and limits any future sales. 

9 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

The '67 molds probably became the bogus "for 1968." I don't know if AMT then made them into the '69 annual (and promos), but if they did, they did a MUCH better job of it than MPC did. The AMT '69 is different enough that it might well be all-new tooling, and probably is. 

The '69 annual DID become the aforementioned funny car, though. Be interesting to know if the original '69 interior, chassis, etc. molds are still around. The body COULD be brought back to stock, if Round 2 really wanted to. Not a whole lot of incentive to do so, however, with the excellent Revell kits readily available. 

Still waiting on my Audi R8 LMS GT3, which doesn't seem to have even left Japan yet. In the mean time, I picked up a few more 'deep cuts" from the Heller 1/43 range:

heller-deep-cuts.jpg

On the hunt for the Peugeot 604 and VW K70 now... I'm not so bothered about the 1950s French cars, which are much easier to find...

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Auction win.....appears to be complete with some minor assembly completed.  Poor chrome though......

Just for the shock value, put some parts bin wheels like it like the Lamborghini Espada rat rod.  It's going into the TBD stack for now.....(to be determined but promise it wont be a cut up)

Espada rat rod.jpg

Renwal Duesenberg.jpg

4 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Got this today from ranma... 

20200209_155345.jpg

20200209_155350.jpg

It’s very nice! I saw he was advertising for a trade but I didn’t have the Chevys he was looking for. Plus I already have a few of these. One of mine is my current convertible build using the chassis from a 71 Duster kit

57 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

It’s very nice! I saw he was advertising for a trade but I didn’t have the Chevys he was looking for. Plus I already have a few of these. One of mine is my current convertible build using the chassis from a 71 Duster kit

im very tempted to do a chassis swap and build a drag car my dad raced back in the early 80s

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...