Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

28 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Here are the "new" decals in the '66 Chevy kit. Real disappointed in them. Was hoping for much more but think these numbers are trash. Tire looks decent.

decal.jpg

Those decals are disappointing, thankfully I've plenty of parts box decals. The contingency and race car in tow decals are about the useful ones on the sheet. 

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

Hope your malpractice insurance is up to date. You'll be performing a lot of major surgery to turn that into a '75 Hurst/Olds.

411577035_75cutlass.jpg.cdada265d73d788a674351b3d543e494.jpg

image.png.71f4ce83cd03b0a425f86e861290ace1.png

Ah, I see what you mean. 

I'll be staying with the Cutlass or 4-4-2, then. 

Hooray...sort of. I needed this Piping Hot kit to complete the set. I was watching a collection of 1/32 kits that had this kit but missed the bid.The whole collection went for 25.00. I was way bummed!

I kept searching and in about a week the one kit I wanted form the collection showed up with a Buy it Now for 20.00. Listed as "complete, except for decals." Hooray! I even wrote the seller to thank him for listing it. It didn't have decals, but I can wait for them or try to find copies. 

Then I was doing an inventory. Partially built, brush painted. Not horrible. Wait a minute...two of the injector stacks were missing from the tree. I went back to the first listing and checked the pics. All eight were there. I just wrote the seller. It's a store. Hopefully, they find who snagged the stacks. I could probably use similar stacks, but that is annoying.

IMG_2124-vi.jpg

I also did a little styrene archaeology. Putting pieces here and there. I think I figured out why this one went back in the box unfinished. If you build it via the instructions and supplied parts, there is no way to attach the rear drag slicks tires to the car. They are way oversized for the space left by the fender. The blurry pic here has the tire squeezed into the fender and it is still way off. Makes me wonder if anyone actually tried to build this kit before they sent it out.

IMG_2125-vi.jpg

Picked these up off ebay. The johan pro stock comet has a hood thats molded in white with no scoop the rest of the car is molded in the turquoise color. Johan 69 road runner  thats a pretty nice build. Mpc bruce larson pro stock vega that plans are too restore. The silver vega is a promo i bought with plans to build a pro stock car. I picked up The Landys dart, the hemi dart and sox and martin gtx from a local friend.

20200307_103141.jpg

20200307_103336-1.jpg

20200307_103405-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

Picked these up off ebay. The johan pro stock comet has a hood thats molded in white with no scoop the rest of the car is molded in the turquoise color. Johan 69 road runner  thats a pretty nice build. Mpc bruce larson pro stock vega that plans are too restore. The silver vega is a promo i bought with plans to build a pro stock car. I picked up The Landys dart, the hemi dart and sox and martin gtx from a local friend.

20200307_103141.jpg

You, my friend, have just won the Score of the Month award, and you're in the running for Score of the Year, too. Well done! B)

I use a fair amount of isopropyl alcohol in my modeling. Was down to my last bottle. I expected Walmart to be sold out, per recent Corona virus news stories, but they had a lot on the shelf, "Limit 2 per customer." I bought two, which should last me the better part of a year. 

Also got a Jada diecast '71 GTO at Walmart, which doesn't look as cartoony as most of their stuff. Looking forward to wrestling it to the ground with some master Snake-Fu. B)

55 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

You, my friend, have just won the Score of the Month award, and you're in the running for Score of the Year, too. Well done! B)

I use a fair amount of isopropyl alcohol in my modeling. Was down to my last bottle. I expected Walmart to be sold out, per recent Corona virus news stories, but they had a lot on the shelf, "Limit 2 per customer." I bought two, which should last me the better part of a year. 

Also got a Jada diecast '71 GTO at Walmart, which doesn't look as cartoony as most of their stuff. Looking forward to wrestling it to the ground with some master Snake-Fu. B)

Thanks Snake, im hoping to find a pro stock hood for the comet. Maybe someone on here wants a stock hood and i can trade.

22 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Thanks Snake, im hoping to find a pro stock hood for the comet. Maybe someone on here wants a stock hood and i can trade.

I've seen them on eBay, though there's not one at the moment. 

My buys from yesterdays MDA Roanoke VA Model Show and Swap. Got some great deals, the Spirit of 57, 69 Chevelle and 59 Imperial were sealed and $15.00 each.

The F85 and snap Barracuda were complete and unbuilt. Same for the Pyro 37 Chevy which is for a friend of mine that owned a 1:1 coupe back when.

Also bought the dual axle trailer from the Monogram Modified Racer and Trailer kit, and a decal from the Swingster for the late 50's contingency decals.

If you haven't made it to this show in the past you should try to make it.20200308_085119.thumb.jpg.2c28859d8662327141f4fd79954631de.jpg20200308_085139.thumb.jpg.cd38321797c89c0bb785f29b250ac322.jpg

Got these two today at a local flea market. $5 for the Buick and $15 for the Ford. Assembly instructions are missing from the Riviera, but shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Edit: If anyone can send me a link to instructions I would appreciate it,

TIA Greg.

1B0BED21-99A5-47B8-8E7F-D278D4F2861F.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

5 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

These are the instructions for AMT 32876 '66 Buick Riviera Lowrider Pro Shop. They're good for any AMT/ERTL version.

Thanks, I will have to go through them and see if all the parts are the same (or close enough). I forgot to mention the kit # is 30083.  Edit: Suspension pieces are slightly different, but certainly close enough for building.

Edited by NOBLNG

19 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Momentarily satisfying my jonesing for Mopar

253715671_61newyorker.jpg.d23381a644fda4d655541041a5a57edb.jpg

image.png.d29c556a2d3443c045ad31ddf310c8e1.png

image.png.fdb639183100f90206b411497f6ffae7.png

Two AMT '66 Rivieras for the swell guts. Need them for a '67 and '69

image.png.74125f8faecb3bde97a7832073f690e8.png

and, more chrome than you can shake a feral cat at

738961773_chromejunk.jpg.d17dc82004a1a1c2b06f20bd29d65653.jpg

1529370092_chromestuff3.jpg.9fac017b1e9271d6c9bae667104e6613.jpg

1264786174_chromestuff2.jpg.7b1039390364f45ccd341c5162f70305.jpg

I like your taste in shopping,,Joe!

Yesterday on eBay I scored a JoHan "USA" reissue '69 AMX kit, unbuilt, molded in red, and an original annual AMT '66 Riviera, also unbuilt, which seems to have all the original parts, including all the custom goodies. 

I also bid on an AMX promo, but got beat. Didn't really need another one, but at the time I bid it was ridiculously underpriced and I didn't want to wake up and see that it had gone for  anywhere near that. I laid down a bid that was more fair, but still would have been a screamin' deal. Woke up to find it eventually went for $25 over that. Didn't feel bad about it at all. B)

BTW, if anyone's looking for a JoHan AMX, there's a perfect condition promo on eBay right now, $55 Buy It Now, which is a really good deal. Only downside to it is, it's molded in light gray or silver, which doesn't matter if you want to paint it anyway. I'm gonna polish the red plastic of the USA one I bought. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...