Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

13 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

Drove down to Toronto for the Group 25 swap meet. Had a great time reconnecting with old friends, and managed to find a few kits to bring home with me. I came across the ICM Patent-wagen at a hobby shop after the show.

Wow, great score.  Those 2 original ERTL tractor kits are Unobtainium.  I have a built-up Massey-Ferguson 1155, with severely glue-bombed glass and cab parts.  I'll probably end up building it topless, if I can't find those parts.

And all those flea market scores are killing me.  A few weeks ago, our closest big flea market got clobbered by the weather.  Heavy wind and rain storms wrecked the place, sending tables flying and flooding it out.

That's mostly fixed now, but the flea market is only open on Wed.  Last Wed. here was rainy with temps around freezing.  This coming Wed. looks like more of the same.  So I'm having serious Flea Market Withdrawal Symptoms.   

23 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this battery operated drill with batteries and charger and a few small drill bits . It’s a little larger than I thought . 

A power drill makes modeling so much easier! I have a hobby drill run by two C batteries which last years.  Cannot imagine the hobby without mine!

On 3/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, cobraman said:

Got this battery operated drill with batteries and charger and a few small drill bits . It’s a little larger than I thought . 

What is the size range of the chuck on that? It should have a ton of power if those are 18650’s.

27 minutes ago, my66s55 said:

Down loaded these 3 from Hum3d early this a.m.

Dodge_Dart_Mk3_GT_hardtop_coupe_1965_1000_0001.jpg.b6aafd639e6c157bf09ab83219ed56cf.jpg

The 55 and 57 will get the same treatment I used on the 57 DeSoto. I turned it into an Adverturer convertible and have already done successful test prints.

Very interesting! What does it cost to get the files and print a body? 

I see they offer a '64 Buick Skylark convertible. That looks like as close as I'll ever get to the '65 hardtop or coupe I really want. I could make it into a hardtop, if need be. 

28 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Interesting. Any chance that you could post a couple photos of the test prints?

I've posted the front clip before, but didn't save the pic. I fell down and broke my left hip and had a pin and three screws used to repair it 6 weeks ago. I'm just now getting somewhat back to normal. I hauled out one of the test prints from the trash basket and this is the best I can give you for now.

IMG_20200311_133133791.thumb.jpg.1b8556dd7f2aa2936ff1cff410bd7753.jpgIMG_20200311_133229755.thumb.jpg.a27dcc73186ca4c344d8e90e199dd5c1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very interesting! What does it cost to get the files and print a body? 

I see they offer a '64 Buick Skylark convertible. That looks like as close as I'll ever get to the '65 hardtop or coupe I really want. I could make it into a hardtop, if need be. 

As you may remember, I showed you this Skylark in a post awhile back. The files like the ones above are $75 a piece. Buy 3-4 5% discount, yada, yada, yada. These aren't 3d printable.There is only one layer and no depth to them. There is no detailed interior. If you want it 3d printable, it's an extra $300. There is no guarantee that will fulfill your need. These people are not model car people. They don't know exactly what you need.  Detailed interior, more $. The Skylark is on my list as one of the next purchases. I can't promise you when, but it will happen.

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

What is the size range of the chuck on that? It should have a ton of power if those are 18650’s.

The chuck is pretty small but don't know the exact size. The unit is fairly heavy but still manageable. Got it from Amazon for under 20 bucks with free shipping.

45 minutes ago, my66s55 said:

As you may remember, I showed you this Skylark in a post awhile back. The files like the ones above are $75 a piece. Buy 3-4 5% discount, yada, yada, yada. These aren't 3d printable.There is only one layer and no depth to them. There is no detailed interior. If you want it 3d printable, it's an extra $300. There is no guarantee that will fulfill your need. These people are not model car people. They don't know exactly what you need.  Detailed interior, more $. The Skylark is on my list as one of the next purchases. I can't promise you when, but it will happen.

Thanks. I didn't see your previous Skylark post, or, more likely, forgot it. B)

1 hour ago, my66s55 said:

I fell down and broke my left hip and had a pin and three screws used to repair it 6 weeks ago. I'm just now getting somewhat back to normal.

That really sucks, for an older fella in particular. I broke my left shoulder (upper Humerus) a few months back, and I have to say that was near the top of the all-time worst pains that I've ever experienced.

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I have thinking about one of those Ray....

Not the same thing, but along the same lines, I have a small battery powered fingernail sander here, purchased from the local Dollar Tree, and it's pretty darned handy for certain applications.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:08 AM, Bobchayer said:

Just received this 1886 Benz Patent-Motorwagen from ICM Holding in Kiev. Somewhat pricey but modeling  of any early vehicle is rare.

I just got the same kit and it looks very good to me.  Mouldings are nice and crisp and with photo etch wheels included it will build in to an unique model.

Edited by Roncla

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...