Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5D68D205-389B-4ADD-8D7C-B81AD91F0369.thumb.jpeg.fdb4a0610db60e9044f49a1139dc71a5.jpeg

Placed order on eBay on Thursday afternoon, arrived today!  I was nursing my last drops of glue and accelerator, and my putty had gone hard so I’m back in business!

Ordered from a small dealer in NJ whose prices and shipping weren’t high and close to PA.

Just last week i bought a Revell Snap together New Beetle and took me about a short hour to put it together.   One minor problem is that the right side clear headlight peg broke but I still managed to cram tha thing in even though its crooked. Other than that it looks great anyway

In the early 80's I worked at my brother-in-laws body shop and we built a '74 MK IV as a shop project , a Hot Rod Lincoln type of car .  I just got this resin kit and am planning to build a scale version of it ! :D

000 0001

Also bought these two '66 Chevy Panel Vans 'cause they were priced really cheap , not sure what I'll do with them .

000 0004

28 minutes ago, 64Comet404 said:

Bought this recently, but haven’t posted until now. It needs some windshield repair, but I have some donors handy (now to decide if I want to keep it a ragtop or make it a hardtop.

460C4141-6321-4353-9FEC-F4C427473585.jpeg

8F6F3DEA-BC00-45AF-B6F2-F2DA7B61F1AE.jpeg

Very nice..

Well, not today, but Friday. My latest Mail Order arrived!  Got the New Revell-Germany Landrover 109, the Moebius '65 Mercury Comet, the Round2 '70 Fire Chief Chevy, and last the Round2 Pinto Popper.

The Pinto does have the Pintera parts and the Turbo, but even then it's a small kit with a short parts count. Not happy that I paid full retail for it, but it's my own fault for not doing Due Diligence.

The '70 Chevy is nice, and has what appear to be direct clones of the '70 Ford Police cruisers Emergency Gear. Again, the decal sheet is skimpy, and I never want to hear about the City of Troy again. I'd have liked to be able to make a Fire Chief's car for something other than a burnt out, warzone of a Detroit suburb. The RoG Rover is a Superb Looking kit in the box.

The RoG instructions are both clear (because of the Coloured Printing) and vague because CAD printing leaves the "Where-does-it-Go" arrows ending in mid-air sometimes. Reading ahead several steps to see where things ultimately end up, is a necessary skill. But, this is a fairly small issue in the scheme of things, so it's not that big. The RoG Decals look great. Enough Choices for Lic Plates all over Mainland Europe.

The Moebius Comet looks great in the box. This is the stock version. It will be built as a Mild Street Rod, with the Hood & Engine from the Gasser Version, that I got for Christmas. I like the look of the stock wheels so much that I may use those for the Rod.

2 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

Bought this recently, but haven’t posted until now. It needs some windshield repair, but I have some donors handy (now to decide if I want to keep it a ragtop or make it a hardtop.

I have one of those in my stash and just last night I was seriously contemplating getting the chrome parts sent out for re-plating and making it my next project. ^_^

Steve

460C4141-6321-4353-9FEC-F4C427473585.jpeg

8F6F3DEA-BC00-45AF-B6F2-F2DA7B61F1AE.jpeg

Well...

If you happen to decide its not for you.

Pm me.....one of those is on my want list 

I have 62 and 64 dodge conv. Plus 2 of the 63 hardtops .

As well as 64 Plymouth....still need a clean 63 Fury convertible as well

45 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I have one of those in my stash and just last night I was seriously contemplating getting the chrome parts sent out for re-plating and making it my next project. ^_^

I believe somebody makes resin copies of the more accurate Revell '62-'63 wheelcovers; if you can't find 'em I'll start work on casting 'em. Got a full NOS set that need to be stripped of chrome and sprue nicks fixed.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I believe somebody makes resin copies of the more accurate Revell '62-'63 wheelcovers; if you can't find 'em I'll start work on casting 'em. Got a full NOS set that need to be stripped of chrome and sprue nicks fixed.

Mmissing Link Resin did the upgraded 63 Dodge. Wheelcovers. They have the correct dish on them. I have the twin to that Dodge to restore. 

Today's mail. The Monogram Chevy Luv Street Pickup. The first thing to catch my eye, is the kit did not come wrapped in plastic. It had those little sticky clear circles of plastic used for sealing the box. I guess it works. But, I have got mixed feels about this. Seems like another attempt by Revell/Monogram to save some money on packaging. At least this is no where near as bad their donut box boxes of a few years back. And I think it's still better than the thin boxes they use for their kits coming out of Germany. 

The second thing that caught I eye. After I started looking within the box. Were the decals. I was surprised by this, since I hadn't really paid close attention to the box art. The mural for the topper decal is of a flying saucer hovering over a desert. And two interesting sets of license plates to go along with that theme. One is Nevada plates, saying AREA 51. The other, New Mexico, ROS WEL. Very cute. I like it. I for sure will be building mine to match the box art. 

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

Just won this on EBay yesterday - just under $4!

880BDD33-3A1C-4F7A-A13E-4D92C9CCE333.jpeg.eb7283a286cc52969bad9b749e4ca58c.jpeg

I’m building an Impala for NNL East’s Impala theme this year...and I realised when I was nearly done that all I’d really used from the kit was the body and 2 of the wheels ?. Figured if I got another body I can do a second one and probably STILL have extra parts left over ?

This is the first one in progress, for anyone curious:

F21AC299-45F4-432D-9B1D-E58666866D2F.thumb.jpeg.2251ae6fb331af0c06dd3d9615c891bd.jpeg

I think I’m going to see if I can make a second one that can park under this one ??

59 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

I got these magnesium Cox Chaparral wheels from an Ebay sale. I would like to get some HRM Chaparral wheels and tires, but they are difficult to come by. These tires are wrong, too, but, they're the closest thing I have, profile-wise. I think I may be able to use these wheels.

crDSC_0003.jpg

crDSC_0009.jpg

crDSC_0011.jpg

That's pretty cool! 

Couple months ago I bought a glue bomb Monogram Chap 2D that I'm planning to build into a street version or tribute. It didn't come with wheels/tires so I've been looking for something suitable. (Also pondering a color scheme for it. White's such a cliche, but anything else seems just wrong.) 

56 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Just won this on EBay yesterday - just under $4!

880BDD33-3A1C-4F7A-A13E-4D92C9CCE333.jpeg.eb7283a286cc52969bad9b749e4ca58c.jpeg

I’m building an Impala for NNL East’s Impala theme this year...and I realised when I was nearly done that all I’d really used from the kit was the body and 2 of the wheels ?. Figured if I got another body I can do a second one and probably STILL have extra parts left over ?

This is the first one in progress, for anyone curious:

F21AC299-45F4-432D-9B1D-E58666866D2F.thumb.jpeg.2251ae6fb331af0c06dd3d9615c891bd.jpeg

I think I’m going to see if I can make a second one that can park under this one ??

Another project..

5 minutes ago, slusher said:

Another project..

All I need ??

And I’ve been REALLY eager to build a little shop truck with the Foose F100 kit...I keep picking it up and playing with parts but I can’t quite allow myself to start something else and have MORE in-progress stuff cluttering up the place. ?

I do keep mocking stuff up though to amuse myself...

3EE9984E-0E94-420F-B9AE-C30C3416427D.thumb.jpeg.651e4eea487a02516fad4e30ffcb7ec4.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...