Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

4 hours ago, slusher said:

I. Would really enjoy watching you build an Edsel. I really like the 58...

MCW makes the Sunset Coral, just sent Mike a message to see if he can mix the Silver grey metallic, if so I'll be painting it like this

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

47 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

MCW makes the Sunset Coral, just sent Mike a message to see if he can mix the Silver grey metallic, if so I'll be painting it like this

I've always wanted to do a '58 Edsel in "Sunset Coral" and "Charcoal Brown", or "Jonquil Yellow" and "Charcoal Brown".

Both are 1957 Ford color combinations, but all colors were available on the '58 Edsel.

MCW carries Charcoal Brown in their line-up under the '57 Ford color name, "Silver Mocha".

I guess I'll just have to do a '57 Fairlane in one of these combos some day.

ha0415-208428_1.jpg?1425411888000

694883_20794046_1957_Ford_Fairlane-5003.jpg

Steve

10 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I ordered this one at the beginning of the week, it arrived earlier today, not that I needed another Trabant, but I really only wanted it for the 3D puzzle of the Berlin Wall

IMG_20200424_134521_846.jpg

That does look cool. I've never had a Trabant in my collection. Thought about it a few times. This one may push me adding one to my collection. Now I may have to do some hunting. 

Here's my latest acquisition from eBay. No cute bathing beauty with it. But, and this is sad to say, I'm okay with that. I love beautiful women, but I don't need another scale figure of one to complicate a build of a car I like almost as much. I don't know how else to put it? 

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I've always wanted to do a '58 Edsel in "Sunset Coral" and "Charcoal Brown", or "Jonquil Yellow" and "Charcoal Brown".

Both are 1957 Ford color combinations, but all colors were available on the '58 Edsel.

MCW carries Charcoal Brown in their line-up under the '57 Ford color name, "Silver Mocha".

And just to complicate things, Ford changed Silver Mocha mid-year to a much lighter shade, which became the Edsel Charcoal Brown. The original dark Silver Mocha was code K; the lighter version was code D. I found this out because my uncle's Silver Mocha and Doeskin Tan '57 Fairlane 500 was the darker color and I had to find paint for the model.

Code K Silver Mocha is also the color the original Revell '57 Country Squire was molded in.

10 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I ordered this one at the beginning of the week, it arrived earlier today, not that I needed another Trabant, but I really only wanted it for the 3D puzzle of the Berlin Wall

IMG_20200424_134521_846.jpg

After seeing the prices on eBay, the hunt was short. With shipping, just a hair under $70.00! I am not adding a Trabant to my collection for that amount of money! 

Edited by unclescott58

I had a flurry of trading over the last couple weeks and this is what I ended up with. I wanted to build some early rods out of parts, check that off. I needed a 61 Ranchero for cutting up, check that off. I also ended up with a nice 51 Belair kit, and then splurged for a couple of resin bodies. I have a box of 55-7 pickups that will be the perfect donors.

20200424_172754.jpg

20200424_174121.jpg

20200424_173805.jpg

20200424_174403.jpg

20200424_171125.jpg

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

After seeing the prices on eBay, the hunt was short. With shipping, just a hair under $70.00! I am not adding a Trabant to my collection for that amount of money! 

Keep looking! I don’t think I paid over $30 for any of the ones I have!

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS881US881&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk00It3DJ1zAWmHtSftH5SLwlt7s3gg:1587780075482&q=revell+trabant&tbs=vw:g,mr:1,price:1,ppr_min:20,ppr_max:50&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxkoXbvYLpAhVES6wKHfZ8AtoQvSsIlgQoAQ&biw=1242&bih=603#spd=15039762622375867429

Edited by keyser

39 minutes ago, keyser said:

Wow! Your link above was very helpful. Using that link I found the exact 30th Anniversary Berlin Wall Trabant, with shipping for under $30.00 U.S. Heck of deal. The vendor is out of the U.K. But, the vendors on eBay for same kit at a price around $70.00, were out of Italy. So I can't complain about that. Thanks "keyser." 

Edited by unclescott58

20 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Wow! Your link above was very helpful. Using that link I found the exact 30th Anniversary Berlin Wall Trabant, with shipping for under $30.00 U.S.

I may have to get one of those myself, even though I already have some Trabbi kits.  That display is nice.

Here's an early start on your engine detailing.  This Trabant is a "gate guard" at Statue Park outside Budapest.  When I visited Hungary in 2008, Trabants were still a pretty common sight. Quite a few were parked on the streets, both sedans and station wagons.

IMG_5571.JPG

6 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I may have to get one of those myself, even though I already have some Trabbi kits.  That display is nice.

Here's an early start on your engine detailing.  This Trabant is a "gate guard" at Statue Park outside Budapest.  When I visited Hungary in 2008, Trabants were still a pretty common sight. Quite a few were parked on the streets, both sedans and station wagons.

IMG_5571.JPG

Last month I was just going to book a flight to Budapest to do some photography,then everything went on lockdown, hopefully I'll make that trip as soon as things get back to normality.

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Built an AMT 63 Impala for NNL East earlier in the year but only really used the body, so I had basically an entire kit left over...found this body on eBay for $3 and change and it arrived today.  Got a whole new kit to build now! ??

You do realize that's a '64, correct? ^_^

Steve

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...