Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

8 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I've got another one of these on the way to me from a friend in France, I know there was never a Copo Nova with the 427 engine,I'm thinking I really want to pop in a straight 6 cylinder engine, is there a kit out there that I could use for the engine ?? Failing that, is there something available in resin ??

novaboxart.jpeg

There were Chevy Nova COPO with 427s. Yenko Chevrolet offered them back in the day. The figure I've heard was there were 37 Novas built with 427s. And there are 7 accounted for today. 

Edited by unclescott58

9 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

There were Chevy Nova COPO with 427s. Yanko and Gibbs Chevrolet both offered them back in the day. The figure I've heard was there was 37 Novas built with 427s. And there are 7 accounted for today. 

What I love about this is that it has a non SS grille and hood.

1 minute ago, lordairgtar said:

What I love about this is that it has a non SS grille and hood.

I'm not so sure that the real COPO 427 cars were SSs. I'd have to do some research, but in the back of my mind, it seems to me they were non SS equipped cars. Off to some research. I'll see what I can find. 

1 minute ago, unclescott58 said:

I'm not so sure that the real COPO 427 cars were SSs. I'd have to do some research, but in the back of my mind, it seems to me they were non SS equipped cars. Off to some research. I'll see what I can find. 

Neither the COPO Camaros or Chevelles had SS markings, though they did have some SS equipment. 

7 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Neither the COPO Camaros or Chevelles had SS markings, though they did have some SS equipment. 

In doing some research, you are correct Snake. But, I also found I'm wrong about COPO 427 Novas. There were COPO Novas. And there were Novas with 427s. But, it looks like the 427s in Novas were installed by Yenko Chevrolet, not the factory. 

4 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

There were COPO Novas. And there were Novas with 427s. But, it looks like the 427s in Novas were installed by Yenko Chevrolet, not the factory. 

There were COPO Novas in '68 and '70, but they weren't 427s. Yenko, Motion, and maybe a few others built some 427 '69 Novas. 

Here's an article about a Yenko 427 Nova that was found in a cow pasture.  I remember reading somewhere that Don Yenko said the 427 Nova was his only creation that made him lose sleep at night.  It was just too much engine in not enough car.  Some insurance companies even refused to cover the cars.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/rare-1969-chevrolet-nova-yenko-sc-427-was-parked-in-a-cow-pasture/ 

2 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Got me a donor for a chassis and Interior for  my Chevelle Laguna project, nice with lowered suspension from the box!

352516571_85d6f472-10e5-431a-a57f-728099

The above will not give you a "correct" interior for a Laguna. Two different generations of mid-size Chevrolets. 

11 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

The above will not give you a "correct" interior for a Laguna. Two different generations of mid-size Chevrolets. 

Yes that is correct. It is the old generation. What i have found out i would have to get the snaptite '77 monte carlo to get the right one. cant seem to find one here. But i might wait depending on how of this feels.

2 minutes ago, Mattilacken said:

Yes that is correct. It is the old generation. What i have found out i would have to get the snaptite '77 monte carlo to get the right one. cant seem to find one here. But i might wait depending on how of this feels.

Hey, even if the interior from the AMT Monte is not correct, if you like it, use it. I'm sorry that I don't have an extra Revell '77 Monte laying around to help you out. 

5 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Hey, even if the interior from the AMT Monte is not correct, if you like it, use it. I'm sorry that I don't have an extra Revell '77 Monte laying around to help you out. 

Thanks for the thought! I would like it to be similar since i am bulding an replica of my own, sort of, what might have been if i keept it ?

large_113257-1083648.jpg

10 hours ago, keyser said:

Amazing rotor faces, wear patterns. Exhaust hanger too. Little killer stuff. Great build Bruce. 

Hope those aren't Harbor Freight jackstands. ?

Thank you sir. Well I usually have good luck with some of their products but there is a recall on some of their jack stands. No joke. 

Got my treadplate today. The white sheets are listed as 1/50th scale, the brown as 1/25th. The 1:1 aluminum plate I have has parallel diamonds at 2” on center, so I calculate the smaller white sheets to be closer to 1/10th scale? Oh well...they will look OK I think for the project I have in mind.?

D373931B-9EC5-4698-8BAC-CADE489C5A21.jpeg

5591B8D9-7587-41FF-89E4-B5380F5A0F0E.jpeg

9183AEB7-93EE-4AC7-BF1A-7D55D16565C7.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

On 5/8/2020 at 3:02 PM, SfanGoch said:

Since there was only one other bid on this resin '67 Fury, I got it cheap. I wasn't about to blow a wad on an original Johan kit.

1974940978_67fury.jpg.343c77b6c175c0c8ceee1d0f19623075.jpg

1193597934_67fury2.jpg.9e05d4150f17d6cfc5c20e2c02c65e9c.jpg

2146346311_67fury3.jpg.13b9ff53bc1528d7c9b904eaa17c5414.jpg

1803602030_67fury4.jpg.97508badafa4454305457dba1129b9e3.jpg

It finally arrived this morning. It's a copy of the Johan 1967 Fury. The casting quality is excellent; smooth, thin styrene-like with no casting blemishes. The front grille is especially well done. Everything looks exactly like injection molded parts. It beats paying megabucks for an original. :)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...