Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

One of my grail kits arrived a few days back, the Monogram 1:8 "Big Deuce". The kit was a shelf queen that had fallen into disrepair, so the guy sent it to me for the cost of shipping. Now all I need are the instructions, and I'm good to go.

iRle9y.jpg

On 5/9/2020 at 3:22 AM, br67 said:

Greg how do I contact Too Many Projects?

I had asked my daughter to show me how to get pics off my phone and transfer them to my computer. I'm old school and thankful that my wife and daughter can help me with computers/phones.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

One of my grail kits arrived a few days back, the Monogram 1:8 "Big Deuce". The kit was a shelf queen that had fallen into disrepair, so the guy sent it to me for the cost of shipping. Now all I need are the instructions, and I'm good to go.

iRle9y.jpg

Nice haul, and congrats. I'm sure that you'll find the instructions for it. Have you checked the Big Boyz column on this site?

8 hours ago, High octane said:

Nice haul, and congrats. I'm sure that you'll find the instructions for it. Have you checked the Big Boyz column on this site?

I already snatched them from the site below, but thanks anyway, for sure.

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yep, I googled the instructions and that site came up. Already downloaded all 28 pages, so I'm good to rock. Thanks a bunch.

Flea Market Day!  The first time in months it has been open.  And I bought a junkyard!  A bunch of promos and frictions.

Front, from left to right: '55 Ford convertible, '59 Ford convert, '57 T-Bird. 

Rear, L to R: '54 Plymouth 2-dr wagon, '55 Ford 4-dr hardtop with interior, '58 Chrysler New Yorker 4-dr (with "working" torsion bars called out and the JoHan Smile), '54 Ford 4-dr sedan, '61 Ford 2-dr hardtop

Most are in bad shape, as you can see. The poor old Plymouth has a broken body and looks like it was rolled over.  The '55 Ford ragtop body is in 2 pieces.  But most have good chrome, interiors, tires/hubcaps, friction motors and other parts.  The '61 Ford should be useful because it has a real 1961 interior.  I believe every '61 Ford kit ever re-issued by AMT had a wrong 1960 interior.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

Flea Market Day!  The first time in months it has been open.  And I bought a junkyard!  A bunch of promos and frictions.

Front, from left to right: '55 Ford convertible, '59 Ford convert, '57 T-Bird. 

Rear, L to R: '54 Plymouth 2-dr wagon, '55 Ford 4-dr hardtop with interior, '58 Chrysler New Yorker 4-dr (with "working" torsion bars called out and the JoHan Smile), '54 Ford 4-dr sedan, '61 Ford 2-dr hardtop

Most are in bad shape, as you can see. The poor old Plymouth has a broken body and looks like it was rolled over.  The '55 Ford ragtop body is in 2 pieces.  But most have good chrome, interiors, tires/hubcaps, friction motors and other parts.  The '61 Ford should be useful because it has a real 1961 interior.  I believe every '61 Ford kit ever re-issued by AMT had a wrong 1960 interior.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Mike you really find some really neat model stuff at the flea market thanks for showing it. I enjoy seeing it..

All I ever find around here in a Flea Market is fleas and they're over priced. That old AMT '61 Ford had the Y-Block engine that was standard that year in a 292 cu.in. displacement. The FE Blocks were a step up. The Plymouth wagon could just be detailed a little and displayed just as you said, a wrecked car. Park it next to the '54 Ford and the swayback Ford Convertible you would have a good start on a Garage Diorama.    

No pictures. I bought two 84 GMC "Deserter" pickups for my ZForce Modelworkx 81-2 and 86-7 Chevy grilles and Factory Aluminum wheels.. I had demonstrators that used that body. 82 dark blue and silver, 86 red, short bed. I can change the suspension to a 2nd configuration, and scratch build a bench seat, using a 78 2nd as a pattern. Ill have to scratch build the body side mouldings.

I also picked up a Revell 66 IMPALA, a 70 Torino GT, and the Dealers Choice Camper/ Racers Wedge. 

5 hours ago, slusher said:

I just got a shipment of gauges from him, i like his products....

I'll second that, I've used his dash gauges on my last few builds, got a few sets for future builds, I got in touch with him a few weeks ago, he had a set listed for the Monogram 1/24 Cobra, I told him I was after a couple of sets for the AMT 1/25th Cobra, he made me a couple of sets for them, superb service. 

Got me to manny kit latley... Got me a nascar to make a 75 Laguna time attack racer. Got a supra chassis for an stored project where the chasis is stolen to an other project. And 2 porches to be able to finish an other project and to get me some nice parts, wheels will suite a '69 camaro just fine!

353059617_fc45de5d-5d34-446f-abb4-fc40a5

354607600_49b5d841-a196-4ece-9ece-85122a

tamiya-24scale_24175_01.jpg

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Hmmmmm. I just happen to have a bug body left over from building the resin VW mini Suburban . It is 1/24 tho.

Would probably be too big. I'm planning to put a Revell 1/25 body on my leftover IMC Altered chassis. The old Revell 1/25 kits are still available for reasonable prices on eBay. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...