Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 6/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, Roadrunner said:

One of my grail kits arrived a few days back, the Monogram 1:8 "Big Deuce". The kit was a shelf queen that had fallen into disrepair, so the guy sent it to me for the cost of shipping. Now all I need are the instructions, and I'm good to go.

iRle9y.jpg

Great score !

Just a bit envious though, this is on my wishlist as well. 

Edited by Sam I Am

1 hour ago, ranma said:

These three came in the mail today

Very nice stuff Rick!

All three are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

The '60 Buick in a hard top configuration is a particularly tough one to locate.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

All three are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

I know. Plans are: Bonneville, body to remain the way it came. Interior will be blue. The Cadillac repaint the same color as it was, and just clean the interior. The Buick will also be a total repaint body wise, Close to the color that it came to me in. All three will be restored, and placed in my collection..

1 hour ago, ranma said:

I know. Plans are: Bonneville, body to remain the way it came. Interior will be blue. The Cadillac repaint the same color as it was, and just clean the interior. The Buick will also be a total repaint body wise, Close to the color that it came to me in. All three will be restored, and placed in my collection..

Perfect!

I too have restored a '60 Buick hardtop and a '63 Pontiac hard top.

The Buick silver and white with a red and white interior, the Pontiac black with a blue interior.

Steve

5 minutes ago, RancheroSteve said:

Arrived in the mail today - Merit Lotus XI:

616 Merit Lotus XI

619 Merit Lotus XI

Not too "gluey", and complete except for one wire wheel insert and knockoff. A bit of a grail for me, I've had my eye on these for a while. Won an auction at the last moment for a reasonable price.

Great model, a grail, and a good price.   Congratulations!

Got a book, for a project in the cue.  Was looking at eBay, saw this Flintstone Advanced Design COE cab, *had to* get it for some weird reason.  There was a Hot Wheels logo with it, want to trade for something.

IMG_2614_Fotor.jpg

IMG_2620_Fotor.jpg

9 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

Arrived in the mail today - Merit Lotus XI:

616 Merit Lotus XI

Not too "gluey", and complete except for one wire wheel insert and knockoff. A bit of a grail for me, I've had my eye on these for a while. Won an auction at the last moment for a reasonable price.

That is a great score!  Congratulations.  I think that is the one I almost bid on but I have a resin repop in the stash.

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

And this is the one that I finagled from you! :D

Thanks a million Scott!

image.jpeg.3cbe3f850a33f8b4d1e4ccd1e23f1107.jpeg

image.jpeg.1a3b05f04aa3af0fa9be770dced8cd5b.jpeg

After less than an hour in the pond.

image.jpeg.ff826e4d64db5373868b614928da210a.jpeg

image.jpeg.4aa034df4deb5f81f9d0349f817a8d93.jpeg

Steve

Steve that car looks a million times better already.. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, Sam I Am said:

Great score !

Just a bit envious though, this is on my wishlist as well.

Yes, a great score on my part, and just a weird coincidence; a chance comment that I really wanted one eventually (in a thread on another forum that had absolutely nothing to do with cars), followed but a couple of PMs from a guy, and the deal was made. It appears to be 100% complete, just as he said it was too.

9 hours ago, cobraman said:

This arrived today .  1/12 scale . Bought on the bay for less than most people were asking for the same kit . 

B8F40A07-7F64-4374-ACF8-2C2BEDFC5E89.jpeg

Ray, is that the one with the lights and electric motor that went inside the engine block?

My father got me one like that when I turned 7 or 8. As you can imagine, it was wasted on me at the time but I'd kind of like to take another crack at one if I could figure out just exactly which kit it was.

19 hours ago, cobraman said:

This arrived today .  1/12 scale . Bought on the bay for less than most people were asking for the same kit . 

B8F40A07-7F64-4374-ACF8-2C2BEDFC5E89.jpeg

I also have this kit.... I wish they would have done a better job on the 429 motor... It just doesn't look right.. ??

A fun and odd one in today's mail. Roden's 1/72 Opel Blitzbus Ludewig "Aero" (1937). A neat little model of an odd looking pre-war Opel bus. What's not to like? Roden makes another odd looking Opel bus in the same scale that I should be getting in another day or two. I love weird things like this. 

Speaking of weird things, I got a Greenlight die-cast '68 Nissan Patrol in today's mail also. The vehicle itself is not weird part. The the vendor shipped it to me is. He took a brand new in the package toy, folded the top of the packaging over, and a stuffed in a box. ????? ? I don't get it! As a collector this no longer new to me. I'm keeping it. But, I've ordered another from another vendor. I'm waiting to see what the first seller has to say, before I leave any feedback. 

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...